So Favre Away

BobVal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife thinks that the Packers fans should sing the Carol King song "So Farve Away" (Carole King So Far Away lyrics) when the Vikings come to town - Here are some modifications we made.

So Favre away; Doesn't anybody stay on one team any more?
It would be so fine to see your face on the field if you weren't a Viking;
Doesn't help to know you're just another team away;
Long ago I watched you lead us the Favre way;

Now Sacking you for the first time could only do us good;
I am sure we will when you are not so Favre away

One more contact about movin' along the NFL;
Can't say much of anything that's new or are you retiring again?
If I could only work this game out my way;
I'd rather spend it we you in our ring of fame instead of the ring of shame;

I am sure you guys could probably do better but we were just hacking it around.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I prefer the simpler.. DIE TRAITOR DIE chant. :lol: And then watch the Pack Sack him into retirement as we roll to a 42 to 0 win.

I know, I know. But I can dream can't I?

OP
OP
B

BobVal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can live with that

I can live with your idea as well - and who is dreaming 42 - 0 sounds about right

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to live in the real world as opposed to fantasy land. The situation was a simple read - Favre felt increasingly uncomfortable by the year he was not in Green Bay's future - he proved himself correct.

Packers management was faced with a difficult, but certainly not impossible situation - cut a beloved figure and face the short-term wrath of the public (in hindsight, would have been the most ethical decision), or keep the onus on Favre by forcing him to read between the lines, hoping he'd see the writing on the wall and go away quietly. The latter was the path Packers brass chose, except they probably didn't really understand Favre's ****** passion for the game.

I've always felt that you do business a certain way - you make tough decisions, but you also make them fairly, and then let the chips fall where they may - Que Sera Sera.

So, what we've learned from all this is that Favre got what he wanted in the end; he just had to go the seriously unconventional route, costing him dearly in the eyes of half the public. I felt from the beginning of the ordeal that Favre should have simply been cut and allowed to control his destiny the fair way - and either be successful or cook in his own juices. The only legitimate beef that many had with this option was that it left Green Bay without any compensation. But, did it - really? What about all the winning seasons and playoff appearances - which translates into a lot of money for the Packers organization: Half of which is easily quantifiable and the other half difficult to even measure??? I think it was a prime example of what plagues many American businesses - myopic management, at the cost of the bigger picture.

And, we also must realize our culture is (getting to be more "was") based upon talent and hard work being seriously rewarded to great extents. That which is difficult to find will be rewarded handsomely. It's a simple premise, but one that has made America the most dominant economic force in the history of mankind. As old and as washed-up as some perceive Favre to be, the skill set he still brings to the table is far better than what his average contemporary can offer. And, with this, brings a lot of envy.

Look, I'm not at all pleased Favre is no longer a Packer, but I am satisfied and maybe even amazed that the fire still burns in his gut. Whether he leads the Vikings to a winning season as he did with the Jets last season or comes up short is of little concern to me. I'm proud of the fact that when so many detractors tell him he "can't" or "shouldn't", he says, "It's my life." He's a shining example of the bedrock of the American Dream - guts, will and courage.

I salute #4 and wish him well!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, in the past year at least, is more an example of ego, indecision, maybe some greed, denial of the march of time and revenge on the Packers.
Sure he has every right to do what he as and how he's gone about it but we fans have also the right to feel offended, deeply offended, by it as well.
And since he's schemed and lied and chosen for an entire year to play against our club with the opposition we aren't in any way obligated to wish him well at all.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree with you more. It would not have been a good or wise football decision to give Favre free agency. No one does that. As for cutting him, remember, he retired....not once, not twice, but three times. That Pack had no other choice.

Brett Favre is the lowest of the low for what he did to every Packer Fan. He took a personal vendetta against Thompson and turned on the entire Packer Nation. Which team is the most hated team of the Packer fans? The Vikqueens are. Everyone knows this, and no one knows it better than Brett Favre. He knew this was the one way to get even with Thompson and in essence screwed every Packer fan. How you or anyone else can see it any other way is beyond me. This isn't solely about football, this is ultimately about revenge.

My hope is that the Packers take the high road on this, but I never want to see Brett Favre's number retired in Green Bay nor do I want to see his name in ring in Lambeau. He doesn't deserve to be up there with ll those other great and loyal Packers. Minnesota can have him. Along with the Love Boat, Childress and their cheating ways. Minnesota and Brett Favre will be good for each other. Simply put they can have him.

I tend to live in the real world as opposed to fantasy land. The situation was a simple read - Favre felt increasingly uncomfortable by the year he was not in Green Bay's future - he proved himself correct.

Packers management was faced with a difficult, but certainly not impossible situation - cut a beloved figure and face the short-term wrath of the public (in hindsight, would have been the most ethical decision), or keep the onus on Favre by forcing him to read between the lines, hoping he'd see the writing on the wall and go away quietly. The latter was the path Packers brass chose, except they probably didn't really understand Favre's ****** passion for the game.

I've always felt that you do business a certain way - you make tough decisions, but you also make them fairly, and then let the chips fall where they may - Que Sera Sera.

So, what we've learned from all this is that Favre got what he wanted in the end; he just had to go the seriously unconventional route, costing him dearly in the eyes of half the public. I felt from the beginning of the ordeal that Favre should have simply been cut and allowed to control his destiny the fair way - and either be successful or cook in his own juices. The only legitimate beef that many had with this option was that it left Green Bay without any compensation. But, did it - really? What about all the winning seasons and playoff appearances - which translates into a lot of money for the Packers organization: Half of which is easily quantifiable and the other half difficult to even measure??? I think it was a prime example of what plagues many American businesses - myopic management, at the cost of the bigger picture.

And, we also must realize our culture is (getting to be more "was") based upon talent and hard work being seriously rewarded to great extents. That which is difficult to find will be rewarded handsomely. It's a simple premise, but one that has made America the most dominant economic force in the history of mankind. As old and as washed-up as some perceive Favre to be, the skill set he still brings to the table is far better than what his average contemporary can offer. And, with this, brings a lot of envy.

Look, I'm not at all pleased Favre is no longer a Packer, but I am satisfied and maybe even amazed that the fire still burns in his gut. Whether he leads the Vikings to a winning season as he did with the Jets last season or comes up short is of little concern to me. I'm proud of the fact that when so many detractors tell him he "can't" or "shouldn't", he says, "It's my life." He's a shining example of the bedrock of the American Dream - guts, will and courage.

I salute #4 and wish him well!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Minnesota game today, I still fail to see the "dominant" offensive line Miinny supposedly has - their pass protection is nothing short of dreadful.

I see trouble down the line for Minnesota - especially if they play a stout defense that will force the passing game into play. I saw only ONE instance today that Brett was afforded the opportunity to step up in the pocket to deliver a throw. There will be games that will require the ball to be thrown often. Favre will hang in there like he always does, but he's gonna need help that I'm not sure Minnesota has - pass protection and good receivers.

I expect Green Bay to smoke Da Bearz tonite.

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife thinks that the Packers fans should sing the Carol King song "So Farve Away" (Carole King So Far Away lyrics) when the Vikings come to town - Here are some modifications we made.

One more contact about movin' along the NFL;
Can't say much of anything that's new or are you retiring again?
If I could only work this game out my way;
I'd rather spend it we you in our ring of fame instead of the ring of shame;

I am sure you guys could probably do better but we were just hacking it around.

You are clearly a Rhodes Scholar...btw, Rodgers looked great on that safety.

CaptainMarvel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL - 'practice'...'practice'...

Allen Iverson's famous quote comes to mind when I hear all the hype about a 6 win, 10 loss team bragging that they're a Super Bowl contender because of how they looked in PRE-SEASON. *****. Yes, you're ahead of horse-sh*t Cutler and the Bears, but come on! Favre is clearly the best QB in the NFC North. A-Rod looks like crap - just like I expected. No, I gotta be honest, he's OK. But not great. Not by a long-shot. Pack will probably improve, but no better than 8-8. Remember, the 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the pre-season. Pack fans are delusional!!!

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RE: Rodgers taking the safety. Faver would have gunned it out for an interception and 7 instead of 2 for the Bears.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Allen Iverson's famous quote comes to mind when I hear all the hype about a 6 win, 10 loss team bragging that they're a Super Bowl contender because of how they looked in PRE-SEASON. *****. Yes, you're ahead of horse-sh*t Cutler and the Bears, but come on! Favre is clearly the best QB in the NFC North. A-Rod looks like crap - just like I expected. No, I gotta be honest, he's OK. But not great. Not by a long-shot. Pack will probably improve, but no better than 8-8. Remember, the 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in the pre-season. Pack fans are delusional!!!

Yeah and the Browns are the class of the AFC as well

I want to see your face when and if the Vikings are looking up at the Packers in the division race..

I have a feeling your just a troll that doesnt have the guts to take the smack in the a@@ when its time

officialbrettfavre.com

head there they will LOVE your unbiased:jester: view of Brett and Rodgers

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, in the past year at least, is more an example of ego, indecision, maybe some greed, denial of the march of time and revenge on the Packers.
Sure he has every right to do what he as and how he's gone about it but we fans have also the right to feel offended, deeply offended, by it as well.
And since he's schemed and lied and chosen for an entire year to play against our club with the opposition we aren't in any way obligated to wish him well at all.

So true. And after seeing an efficient passer like Cutler throw four picks, no o line or not, I am just waiting for this Oct. 5 matchup. Gonna be a great game no matter what.

Deadman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Farve is the best QB in the NFC North ? Really ?

After watching his play against the Browns there is no way he could be considered the best. His stats were less than steller and IMO the Vikes showed no faith in Farve in the red zone when at least 2 of the drives consisted of nothing but handoffs to AP. Farve threw for 110 yards, that's just terrible. The only QB's that threw for less were Delhomme (benched) and McNabb (injured). The Vikes are in trouble

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey captain *******, is it that hard to tell that rogers was seeing the Bear's D-end the whole game in his face. Im sure as the year goes on Barbre will get better though.

Oh yeah and dont forget about Favre being 39 years old, and is well known for how he loves to force throws and rack up those interceptions, just like he will do when they play the packers. He is overrated and should have retired the year he left the packers. Now all he wants is revenge because the packers were tired of putting up with his ********. By the time week 4 rolls around Favre will either be hurt or runnin out of gas. Although with AP in there who knows? Nevertheless he isnt going to be as good as people really think he is going to be.

RJay715

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers did not play that bad. He put up better stats than Favre if that's really how you wanna look at it. I remember one throw where he underthrew his receiver (can't remember if it was Driver or Jennings). The overthrow on Driver would have been a perfect TD pass if Driver wouldn't have slowed down in his route. Jordy dropped passes that shouldn't have been dropped and I believe Jones had a pretty bad drop too. Not to mention Rodgers had an average of .7 seconds per play to get a pass off. He's gonna be just fine.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The queens fans are estatic because Rodgers looked like Dan Marino all the preseason, and the first game against a very good D, with the OL playing like crap, he looked just good. That's how bitter and nervous they are. They get happy when we play "just good". They're ******** their pants right now.