1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Small school prospects

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by ivo610, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,097
    USA today ran a small article about small school prospects in todays paper and I thought I would what they talked about. I think two of them could be good fits for us, and ted seems to be pretty good at judging small school talent.

DE- Alex Carrington - 19.5 sacks in the last two seasons 6'5 280 Arkansas state.

OT - Vladimir Ducasse - 6'5 332 UMass

CB - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - 9 career return TDs, 10 ints, several school records. Indiana (PA)

WR - Andre Roberts - 5'11 195 The Citadel

OT - Jared Veldheer - never allowed a sack, Hillsdale (D2)

2. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Never heard of Roberts.....but I have been thinking Veldheer in the 2nd round if we get a defensive player in the 1st

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    All very good prospects.

Carrington seems like the ideal 3-4 DE. Ducasse is exremely raw but has potential. So does AOA, though I don't see anything much in him. Roberts has one of the best hands in this draft, he really shined in the Senior Bowl. And Veldheer is a very athletic OT, who turned heads at the combine.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    If Ted doesn't take a corner in the first round, I think it's because he has his eye on that kid from Indiana, PA.