1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Small school prospects

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by ivo610, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    USA today ran a small article about small school prospects in todays paper and I thought I would what they talked about. I think two of them could be good fits for us, and ted seems to be pretty good at judging small school talent.

DE- Alex Carrington - 19.5 sacks in the last two seasons 6'5 280 Arkansas state.

OT - Vladimir Ducasse - 6'5 332 UMass

CB - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - 9 career return TDs, 10 ints, several school records. Indiana (PA)

WR - Andre Roberts - 5'11 195 The Citadel

OT - Jared Veldheer - never allowed a sack, Hillsdale (D2)

2. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Never heard of Roberts.....but I have been thinking Veldheer in the 2nd round if we get a defensive player in the 1st

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    All very good prospects.

Carrington seems like the ideal 3-4 DE. Ducasse is exremely raw but has potential. So does AOA, though I don't see anything much in him. Roberts has one of the best hands in this draft, he really shined in the Senior Bowl. And Veldheer is a very athletic OT, who turned heads at the combine.

4. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    If Ted doesn't take a corner in the first round, I think it's because he has his eye on that kid from Indiana, PA.