1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Silverstein tweets that Pack and Raji agree to one year deal

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Sunshinepacker, Mar 14, 2014.

1. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Agree completely. Personally, I don't care how he plays next year, I would rather us go a different direction. Don't trust him anymore. If you won't play your *** off during your rookie deal, you never will.

2. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,291
    I honestly think Raji conjured up this theory in his mind that no matter what kind of a season he had, his reputation would precede him and he would be able to cash in in free agency. Whoops!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    I'm not criticizing the signing. Raji on the cheap. However, I have yet to see anything that gives me confidence that this defense is going to that much improved next year over last year. I agree with adambr2 on this. Expecting that it's all going to come together next year is as foolish as giving a 5-year, $50 mil contract to all-pro coming off a major injury season.

Some of you keeping say FA is a trap, overrated, puts you in a hole, etc., etc. Like it's black and white. It isn't. Maybe Ted will get someone through FA this year, but it's becoming more unlikely. It's time to stop being Ted homers. Ted hasn't aced the draft in the last 3 years, and I don't expect that he'll suddenly have one of his best drafts in years. That again is as much speculation as signing a top FA.

And so far, the Packers have made almost no changes from last year. No coaching changes, no major acquisitions. Changing Hyde to safety and having Neal play elephant. Wow, that's going to solve our problems for sure.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,012
    According to PFF he played all 884 snaps in 2010 at NT or DT.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,948
    http://www.wearegreenbay.com/1fullt...coaching-changes/39173/pwQ2-EveakOlRM_dfmpAEA

6. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +346
    Raji is, currently, a valuable backup with the potential to be a good starting player. That's a solid player to have on the team. Now, had his contract been for more than one year I wouldn't feel this way but his presence puts less pressure on Worthy, Jones and Boyd to HAVE to perform and it also gives the Packers more freedom in the draft to go after the best available player.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +302
    Raji's deal only contains $500K in guaranteed money. Does this make him a possible cut candidate?

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,012
    Absolutely. If he doesn´t show anything during camp there´s no way the Packers are going to pay him his $3.1 million base salary.

9. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +302
    Man he reportedly went from $8M per year and $20M guaranteed to this. If he doesn't prove he can do it now he never will.

10. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,012
    It's amazing, yeah. But even if he shows up and plays well this season I wouldn't want the Packers to hand out a long term contract to him. Can't trust him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +323
    I stand corrected, good find.

12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,291
    http://jerseyal.com/GBP/2014/03/08/corys-corner-b-j-raji-has-regrets-right-now/

Good, true article about Raji.

Also had heard (don't know if it is true or not) that Dunn advised Raji to take the $8M/$20 guaranteed Packers offer and Raji himself made the decision to turn it down. If so, I'm sure he's kicking himself even more. It's probably the most extreme example in recent NFL history of a player overestimating their worth and overplaying their hand.