1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Lions get worried?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bogart, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    2 games behind us and just look at their schedule...

At Denver
    Shouldn't be a problem, Tebow is the most overrated quarterback in the history of the NFL. Lions pass rush is gonna kill him, and I don't see him complete 50% of his passes against their blitzes. And I don't care if he came back and won them the game against a ****** Miami team, what matters is playing against real teams, not some 0-6 loser team that everyone is laughing at.

BYE
    At Chicago
    Just think, they had their way with the Bears at home, on the road I think they're going to have a tough tough task here. They can still win, but it's gonna be tough

Carolina
    The Panthers are a rising team all on the back of Cam Newton, he's going through his growing pains and eventually they look like they can be a threatening team in years to come. Lions will probably win this one though because the Panthers have had trouble closing out big games, but I still think it's going to be a tough one for them, cause Carolina will not lay down like a dog and let you beat them as bad as you want. They played lights out against Chicago, New Orleans, and us, and barely lost those games. Who knows, they might pull an upset here.

Green Bay
    The ultimate test, who ever wins this may just win the division. I expect this to be a showdown and a very tough game for both teams, because one reason; it's divisional.

At New Orleans
    The second ultimate test. What do you know, you get to play the defending Super Bowl champions, then you are in New Orleans a week later playing another top 5 team LOL. I think the Saints are going to beat them down. In the superdome it's a whole new world, and the Saints will have all the momentum. All around, the Saints are a much better team, I would be shocked if they lost this one.See Brees lighting up the poor secondary that let Alex Smith and Matt Ryan light them up the last few weeks.

Minnesota
    Should be a challenge but I think they have this one at home, unless Minnesota really gets their stuff together and starts closing games that they should be winning after the first half (I doubt will happen)

At Oakland
    Raiders got shut out last week, but don't let that fool you. This game could go either way, and I think Oakland could very well beat them down if they get their passing game picked up with a washed up quarterback they traded too much for.

San Diego
    Do not kid yourself, the Chargers are not the team that everyone thinks they are. The Lions might very well handle them and win to save some playoff hopes by the matters of how many games they drop. I am not scared o the Chargers and Rivers throwing more interceptions than touchdowns this year, but I do think San Diego COULD win, I won't put a deadlock on it like some people do, cause this team is just an average one to me, I'd put money on Dallas before I put it on San Diego.

At Green Bay
    Imagine the weather playing us at the end of the year, and I want to keep that streak alive of how many times we've beat them in Lambeau field. What is it again? They haven't won in Lambeau since 1992 or 1991? Let's add another year to that.

Of this schedule I see them losing 4 or 5 games.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    That's a hard schedule for any team. Losing two games in a row may be enough to unravel the Lions but they are still going to bring it when they play us.

3. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    They should be very worried. Teams found the weak spot of the "wide 9" and they are exploiting it. Even the Packers will run Starks up the gut by stunting a receiver to block. Then Stafford is nicked and there's no telling what effect that will have. That schedule is a bruiser.

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    If Stafford is out for anytime, that makes it harder..

W/O him their offense isnt to good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Stafford was pretty banged up yesterday, and I heard that on running the ball. They sure as hell can't stop it, and I will be yelling and screaming when I see Starks run up the middle!

Without Stafford, this team really is going to suck.

Kiss that "Division Trophy" goodbye already, the feel good story about Detroit already started to die with the reports of Suh and company making jokes about putting Matt Ryan out the game during last sunday's game.

6. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    It will be tough for them to keep pace with us, no doubt, but they are a solid team and a WC position should be within reach.

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I dunno, I wouldn't underestimate Detroit. They're feisty and they want it. Plus we don't exactly have a cupcake schedule coming up either. KC is starting to turn it on now and Oakland is going to start to roll once Palmer gets adjusted. San Diego can't be taken lightly either, plus two games against Detroit, at the Giants, and hosting Tampa Bay and the Bears. That's not an easy stretch.

8. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    As long as they finish behind the Packers, and ahead of the Bears, I would be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Time will tell. I had them losing the last two games but those were also good teams they lost to. Not that shocking to me in the end. Both the Falcons and Niners are good enough to beat many teams in this league and match up well with Detroit.

If Detroit lays an egg in say....Denver this weekend or struggles a lot to win then it might be a cause for alarm. And no I am not high on Tebow either as a player but the kid has some intangibles I can't deny. He is tough to predict too. Not saying Detroit loses but if Stafford is banged up it might not be a cake walk.

No doubt the Lions will get up big for the Packers. They are still very immature to me though (and sometimes very obnoxious for a team who has never done anything). All NFC North rivals will treat the Packers like it's the Super Bowl.

When they play the Bears in Chicago thats a good test. They got some big plays against Chicago the first time but who knows if it happens on the road with Chicago fixing things. Chicago can run on them too.

10. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    One of the things that interests me about the Lions is that they definitely take after the personality of their head coach. They haven't handled losing very well these last two weeks and I wonder if maybe they aren't losing focus a bit.

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Looking at that schedule a couple weeks ago it appeared they could win a big chunk of those games. Looking at them now, they could conceivably lose almost all of them.

Yes they should be concerned, but I'm just glad we'll get the Lions when they've already been softened up

• Like Like x 1
  12. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Would like them to lose 2 of the next three to drive down the cost of the Thanksgiving tickets. With their recent success ticket prices have gone above and beyond the cost of Packer tix at Lambeau. In the good old days (last few years) I could pick up the Lions Packer tix for face or sometimes less. Those days are over now that they are marginally successful...

13. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +206
    I think Chicago is starting to play well, and if Detroit starts slipping, it won't be pretty. They lose to Teblow and they are off the radar. I think Chicago will end up having a better record than Detroit, UNFORTUNATELY!