Should Packers sign Zach Orr?

Should Packers sign Zach Orr?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vehemently disagree with your take that yards given up per play or game are even close to being as important as points allowed.
Ypp is a much better indicator of how good a defense is than points allowed. If the offense gives up a lot of turnovers a good defense will still give up plenty of points working on short fields. Vice. Versa for offenses that hold onto the ball. AR makes the Packers defense much better than it really is because he rarely turns the ball over. The Packers sieve of a defense usually has the benefit of working on a longer field.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ypp is a much better indicator of how good a defense is than points allowed. If the offense gives up a lot of turnovers a good defense will still give up plenty of points working on short fields. Vice. Versa for offenses that hold onto the ball. AR makes the Packers defense much better than it really is because he rarely turns the ball over. The Packers sieve of a defense usually has the benefit of working on a longer field.

Last time I checked the game is still about scoring points and therefore I couldn't care less about yards allowed, especially as that number doesn't include any meaningful information about touchdowns given up or takeaways generated by the defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Old thread, but there is a report that Zach Orr was the Packers 1st choice as the their new DC. However, the Ravens promoted the LB coach to their DC position, so he turned the Packers down.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Old thread, but there is a report that Zach Orr was the Packers 1st choice as the their new DC. However, the Ravens promoted the LB coach to their DC position, so he turned the Packers down.

I heard that this was just a rumor and untrue. Who knows...?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that the rumor that it was a rumor and untrue was also a rumor ant actually untrue. That's what a friend told me anyways. Who knows? Not me.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a smart move for Orr to remain with the Ravens as DC, better players, established culture, and possibly a better path to becoming a HC in the future.

I like the Hafley hiring, Green Bay doesn't need a big name.

They need a coach that won't allow the opposing offenses to have a big game.

I would like to see Hafley stick around for at least 3 seasons and establish a consistent defensive culture, which Green Bay hasn't had in a very long time.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The situation is bizarre & if I was the Packers I'd be skeptical of a player who just retired from congenital spine issues who now wants to play again not even a year after deciding to retire because of it?

He had 132 tackles, 5 PBUs and 3 INTs in 2016. Maybe my definition of "dominant" is different than yours...

He would be one of the best ILBs the Packers have ever had. Why the need for "dominant" when all you've ever had is average and you could significantly upgrade?
In 2016 you said? We are in 2024 just saying.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt you are going to get a response from him. His last post was made on August 23rd, 2017 and yes, we are in 2024. ;)
dang zombies. Me granpappy used to say "poppa the only zombies you need ta worry yourself about are those that refuses to stay ded. Those ones needs a few more rounds."

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard that the rumor that it was a rumor and untrue was also a rumor ant actually untrue. That's what a friend told me anyways. Who knows? Not me.
Modern football "reporting" reminds me of high school, with lots of he-said-she-said gossip. There are a ton more bloggers and podcasters these days that don't have any actual connections, and usually even when they do it's the low-level marketing guy in the Packers organization without direct knowledge of things.

There are only a few reliable sources worth believing.