Should have gone for the TD record

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I would say dont risk the franchise player in meaningless time against a team that was getting increasingly "chippy", but its the bears, **** em.

Want to endear yourself to the fans? Have Rodgers throw 9 TDs and to not let up on the gas.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Normally I would say dont risk the franchise player in meaningless time against a team that was getting increasingly "chippy", but its the bears, **** em.

Want to endear yourself to the fans? Have Rodgers throw 9 TDs and to not let up on the gas.

Sort of my sentiments, too. It would be a nice extra feat to note for Rodgers' HOF induction. I suppose McCarthy would let him do it but it would have to all be done in the first half of such a game. No way he gets risked when the game is won.

Plus MM is a class guy who doesn't like to humiliate an opponent gratuituously, either.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree and wish they would have let him rip. the pace he was on..... Would have been a record that nobody would have ever touched. But, guess ya cant risk the man getting hurt

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem at all if the Packers had kept on scoring.
I really don't understand this idea of not scoring, I guess, for good sportsmanship?
I see that other Packers fans in the comments at the Pack website prefer it if they don't keep scoring with Mike putting the brakes on.
I dunno if we are being brainwashed by PC or whatever but what in the world is wrong to keep on scoring even when we know we won? Why does getting a really big score bother some and get criticized?
I would really like to know.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem at all if the Packers had kept on scoring.
I really don't understand this idea of not scoring just to, for lack of a better term, look classy?
I see that other Packers fans in the comments at the Pack website prefer it if they don't keep scoring with Mike putting the brakes on.
I dunno if we are being brainwashed by PC or whatever but what in the world is wrong to keep on scoring even when we know we won?
I would really like to know.

The NFL is a fraternity of sorts. Certain standards of behavior within the covenant are expected and you can pay a price when you transgress those. Remember how the league reacted to Jim Harbaugh not shaking hands at the end of the game with Jim Schwarz? There were some stirrings against Belichick when it appeared that his 2007 team was piling on in some of those season's games.

Besides, there's the old golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Some may remember a game back in 1980 when the Bears did pile it on the Packers 61-7. We were none too happy about that then. And the Packers will continue to play Chicago twice a year for years to come.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
While it was the gentlemans thing to do, i also see the other side. Which is: your offense is paid to do a job, their defense is paid to do a job....if they dont want to do their job, let our guys do theirs. If that had been the patriots vs bears last night you can bet the farm that bill bellacheat would not have taken his foot off their throats. I would have loved to see arod throw for 500+ yds and 8+ tds, but we are a different organization than the "other" teams. I think it could have been 70+ points easily and a game a many many records broken.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just imagine if Rodgers or Sitton or Lang or anyone else that was watching instead of playing got hurt or hurt worse. No, it was the smart thing to do. And the idea is not to stop scoring, it's to give backups PT while removing the risk of injury to some starters.

Qblessfranchise

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan here. I hope you guys know how fortunate you are to go from Favre to Rodgers.
I'm honestly not too disappointed in the game. Sometimes it takes games like that for changes to happen.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, Rodgers was given two shots in the third quarter and couldn't get it done(what a bum, right) so I'm not too disappointed. At least he played into the third. Don't want to risk pulling his hammy or injuring himself in any way.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think if Rodgers had gotten a TD on that first second half possession, MM might have given him one more drive to go for the record but when that failed, given how dirty the Bears can get, at that point discretion became the better part of valor.

How endearing would it have been if Rodgers was still in a 49-0 game just to go for his 8th TD and then the same thing happened to him that happened to Carson Palmer yesterday?

Besides, MM has already long since endeared himself to most fans.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan here. I hope you guys know how fortunate you are to go from Favre to Rodgers.

Correction: Majkowski to Favre to Rodgers.

I'm honestly not too disappointed in the game. Sometimes it takes games like that for changes to happen.

That's the only downside to this win. I would expect Trestman to be sent packing back to the CFL some time this week, but I don't know if they've got the guts to make that move. The real problem for you is the man who showed the money to that guy they put at QB every week. When Packer fans are more excited about the Bears signing a guy that Bear fans are, there's a HUGE problem at the top.

H

HardRightEdge

It's good to get the bench players some snaps; we'll need some of them sooner or later.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correction: Majkowski to Favre to Rodgers.

That's the only downside to this win. I would expect Trestman to be sent packing back to the CFL some time this week, but I don't know if they've got the guts to make that move. The real problem for you is the man who showed the money to that guy they put at QB every week. When Packer fans are more excited about the Bears signing a guy that Bear fans are, there's a HUGE problem at the top.

Did you see Stephen A. Smith rip apart the Bears this morning? He literally thinks they should fire everyone and Trestman before even leaving Green Bay.

H

HardRightEdge

Did you see Stephen A. Smith rip apart the Bears this morning? He literally thinks they should fire everyone and Trestman before even leaving Green Bay.
Stephen A. Smith...a model of circumspection.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way to make lemonade out of lemons.
And by that I mean your attitude and not the players and coaches.
I dunno if the way they are they can get any sweeter.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have a healthy Rodgers over a record
Even though I wouldn't mind a couple more TDs, the only numbers that matter and the most important stat is the W and the number of them in the standings.
I'm very, very good with the win over anything else.
I'm starting to ignore all those stupid stats they come up with.
You know, like:
TDs made while wearing black shoes.
Reading a novel vs non-fiction before a game he does this or that.
When he sleeps by midnight on the road he does this many tackles vs going to bed by 10.
Driving his own car he makes more catches then when he drives a rental.
This many yards are made when he drinks Pepsi and this many are made when he drinks Coke.
When he coaches holding the play sheet in his right hand and on the road while digesting fries he has this many wins vs holding the play sheet in his left hand while digesting onion rings.

It's just getting ridiculous and out of hand all the different ways they come up with these things.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a class organization and I appreciate the level of sportsmanship. There are more important things than humiliation of a rival. Game experience for the young players, rest for vets (every play takes a toll), and avoidance of injuries. Leave the superficial vanity to Drew Brees in padding stats.

To add to the list of coaches not being sportsman, who was the dumba$$ in Tampa (?) who sent his defense busting into the offense on kneel downs? He is either out of his HC job or he changed his tune.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts