Season Reflections At Bye Week

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, they traded up ahead of Seattle and Baltimore to pick Love. Queen was still there when we picked. I had thought they had traded ahead of those two since one of them was going to pick him.

I didn't start to drink heavily until after the third round.

I merely meant they never wait till their pick...nevermind blew the humor attempt, my bad

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL! sorry buddy went right over my head. I'm a little slow and thick in the head today

D

Deleted member 6794

I stated before the game that TB was the best team the Pack had faced this year, but I still expected a win.

Yikes did I have that wrong. The degree of the whipping is concerning. And the hard truth is that TB DOES have a very good team with the best D in at least the NFC. I'm a big believer that teams with elite Ds win championships. So I'm a little concerned for the Packers, but nowhere near panic. We'll see how they recover against Houston. And yet even if that game goes well, there are some serious issues with that D that email unresolved. Past is past, but I can't help being resentful that we didn't use a first round pick on an ILB like Queen, instead of wasting a 4th round pick to move up in round one and take a 3rd string QB. Do I sound upset?

It's shaping up as another wasted opportunity season for me. There aren't many very strong teams in NFC, unlike the AFC . Tampa has a championship caliber defense and a talent laden offense that will only get better as a season goes on. maybe the only other legit contender/tier 1 caliber team would be Seattle, but I'm leery of them because of their heavy reliance on Wilson. I would have said the Saints what I think both Brees and they are declining a bit and have missed their title window. there's just something missing with the Rams, the eastern division is a joke, the Bears have the defense, but Foles or Trubisky will hold them back. The Cardinals are still a year away. So that leaves Tampa in my mind as clearly the best right now barring injuries. Last year one team, the 49ers, in our way this year Tampa. Both fast physical and talented.
Again we're so near yet so far away.

The Buccaneers blew out the Packers on Sunday but there's no reason to consider them an invincible juggernaut because of that one game.

They have already lost to the Saints and Bears and hardly beat the Chargers. The Packers dominated them until Rodgers' pick six before falling apart for whatever reason.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts