Sam Shields WTF, man!!!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Hope he's not going to be out this week. Not that we necessarily need him vs. Vikings with the shape they are in, but it will make things a whole lot easier. Not particularly confident in Jarrett Bush as I'm sure most people aren't.

But man, WTF. Shields with a really stupid decision trying to run the ball out of the endzone 8 yards deep.

Reminds me of another blunder he had with the game winning INT in the NFCCG and tried to run it back instead of just going down and nearly fumbled the ball.

Think we'll get him back and if not do you think we still roll without him?

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think he just gets caught up in the fact that he made a play and as CB/SS/FS I can't blame him but he should be a little more cautious about these types of things.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Young mistake, I think Shields needs to grow up a bit. Maybe that concussion will knock some sense into him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Instincts took over for Shields as he, as a young teenager, was a very fast breaking-and-entering robber, and his getaways were the quickest in the neighborhood. (I kid, I kid... but he did grow up tough like Donald did, that we do know.)

Sam gets that ball in his hands, and the only thought in his mind at the time is to get the hell outta there and run. Period. He's been warned about the end zone picks before. But moments like this, it's instinctive, not coaching.
He automatically runs. It's pretty obvious.

I just hope he's okay and doesn't miss more time. I thought we might go one game without losing a player.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
In other news, Zombo, fresh off his injury, hyper-extended his knee.

God can our guys stay healthy? Seems like every week somebody is busted up

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a bit reckless by Shields, but than again football isn't for the faint of heart. Hopefully, he will be a little more careful where he puts his head and the rest of himself. I think our D will be OK without him for a few games, but I hope he gets healthy soon.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out for Sunday?

I haven't heard anything yet. It depends if he passes the leagues protocol on concussion testing. Vick of the Eagles got a concussion and didn't miss a game. But it could just as easily go the other way and Shields could miss up to 3 games, it all depends on how bad it is and how quickly he passes the tests so they can give him medical clearance to play.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll be back. He was sitting on the bench, looking good until he laughed, which increases cranial pressure and you could see that after he laughed he had headache-type pain, which is a symptom of a concussion. However, it is a symptom of a mild concussion, especially if not accompanied by other, more severe symptoms such as dizziness, short term memory loss, loss of consciousness after the hit, etc.

My bet is that he'll be back.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well you have the Vikings next. Enough said.

Then a bye?

Then Chargers?

Better get him ready for San Diego if he can't go this weekend.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at our upcoming games, I wonder if it's time we rest some starters. Not all at once, but a few every game until SD. We know our team is tight, why risk it? Perhaps I'm making too big a deal of it but, the thing with Shields really spooked me.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Judging by the shape the Vikings are in, I'm guessing we'll get a healthy lead and maybe pull a good majority of our starts in the second half. MM likes to let off the gas late in games with a lead anyway so we can just hand it off to Starks or maybe get Alex Green involved and see what he's got

Magnus Chhan

Mag 'n Cheese
Reaction score
The Vikes will be trying to run with AP a lot so I'm thinking we'll be in our base defense a lot meaning Shield's playing time would have been reduced anyway. Worse comes to worst, and he's out then we'll have Bush in who is more physical than Shields anyway to help stop the run. Just hope he doesn't miss any coverage assignments! He's been playing a lot better as of late though.

Reaction score
I think Troy Polamalu got a concussion as well. A teammate gave him a little celebratory helmet bump and he got a concussion. I think everyone should wear Rodgers type of helmet.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked he stood up as quickly as he did, as I'm yelling at the TV. "BAD SAM, NO BAD SAM!"

sent from my rooted evo4g

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything yet. It depends if he passes the leagues protocol on concussion testing. Vick of the Eagles got a concussion and didn't miss a game. But it could just as easily go the other way and Shields could miss up to 3 games, it all depends on how bad it is and how quickly he passes the tests so they can give him medical clearance to play.
Agree... look at Kerry Collins of the Colts, how long was he out with a concussion.

Members online

Latest posts