Sam Shields planning to shutdown 'Megatron' Calvin Johnson

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My thought of strategy would be not letting the Lions know who the Pack is thinking who would be covering Johnson and that would keep them off balance.
Seems like sometimes teams give too much away before games for their opponents to know what to do.
Or am I wrong in thinking that teams should keep everything under their hats?
You're not wrong at all. Players and coaches should never say anything to media or fans that would even give a hint to what they are going to do. They only need to talk about what happened previously and areas that need improvement.

H

HardRightEdge

So, what makes you guys think Shields will be shadowing Johnson all day? I could as easily see the opposite.

Reaction score
Best way to stop Megatron is to pressure Stafford.
I whole heartily agree. Our pass rush is improving, where we lack is containment of running QBs.. I predict we will be more successful this year against pocket QBs. On the LB blitz we need our a Strong Safety to spy the running QB's laterally to force him to throw while scrambling..or vice versa Shields will have his hands full either way with arguably one if the finest athletes of this era. GB 30 Detroit 21

Last edited:
Reaction score
My thought of strategy would be not letting the Lions know who the Pack is thinking who would be covering Johnson and that would keep them off balance.
Seems like sometimes teams give too much away before games for their opponents to know what to do.
Or am I wrong in thinking that teams should keep everything under their hats?
I can't recite specific examples, but MM always remains vague answering specific play calling.. Even During post game interviews. Similar to when asked if he tried to avoid Sherman..which he answered a vague. "No"
You don't switch Jordy to the opposite side and never throw to Boykin in 4QTRs by accident..MM never admitted it but there's no question he was intentionally avoided. Even AR joked with Sherman about it.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect Calvin Johnson to have a big day, bit I expect Nelson, Cobb and Adams to have a bigger day collectively.
Packers win despite megatron!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Not really. I noticed quite a few plays where Shields wasn't on Johnson, but Johnson had 6 catches on 10 targets for 82 yards and no TD's. I'd take that any day.

I only ask because unfortunately I didn`t get to see the game tonight :tup:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I didn't watch beyond the first quarter and I feel the better man for it. Had it on the radio as I was sanding and refinishing a window as I renovate a 4 season room. My son seemed somewhat agitated...I offered to help divert his attention by cutting some casement trim for me, but then thought he might just miter off a couple fingers in all his angst.

Reaction score
I didn't watch beyond the first quarter and I feel the better man for it. Had it on the radio as I was sanding and refinishing a window as I renovate a 4 season room. My son seemed somewhat agitated...I offered to help divert his attention by cutting some casement trim for me, but then thought he might just miter off a couple fingers in all his angst.
I came in at half time at Buffalo Wild Wings on a whim, but was one of the most painful games I can remember. By 4th quarter We had switched from ice tea to 5% 32oz. Beer and from a Jerk pepper heat to extra suicidal wings!

Reaction score
Who would've ever called that a dominant D game on both sides would've won that bet with huge dividends. I'm guessing the odds of a 26 pt total score would be low. But the odds of Offenses combined scores of 17 would be nearly impossible. If you had wagered that the Detroit D would score more points than the Packers Offense??You could retire on the odds of that one

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts