Sam Shields apparently released

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this coming due to his injury history and salary. Shields played 14 games in 2014, 12 games in 2015, and 1 game in 2016, plus he's still not out of concussion protocol. He was a great player on the field, but too expensive to keep. Packers picked up approximately $9M in cap space.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smoking weed isn't going to help his brain heal either. Just sayin.
Actually it's been studied and widely known that it does help heal the brain suffering from traumatic injury, just saying! But really hope Shields will be okay. Hopefully we use this money to resign Perry before Panthers throw 11mil at him.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it's been studied and widely known that it does help heal the brain suffering from traumatic injury, just saying! But really hope Shields will be okay. Hopefully we use this money to resign Perry before Panthers throw 11mil at him.

Citation? Just curious.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you asking me to find the study for you. Just look it up and you will find lots of reliable studies from reliable resources. But I don't want to say anymore before a Moderator gets all worked up.

Fair enough, though I'm very skeptical about being able to find peer-reviewed articles claiming that smoking pot heals traumatic brain injury...

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough, though I'm very skeptical about being able to find peer-reviewed articles claiming that smoking pot heals traumatic brain injury...
There is an experiment where lab mice where given severe brain injuries half were given cannabis CBD(does not get you high) and the others were not. The half that ingested the cannabis CBD recovered back to normal function incredibly faster than those that weren't. I believe you can watch that online also if you look hard enough.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you asking me to find the study for you. Just look it up and you will find lots of reliable studies from reliable resources. But I don't want to say anymore before a Moderator gets all worked up.
actually yes.... you made a claim so I would say the burden is on you to cite a source.... thst being said... I don't really care either way lol.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about the injuries but the flash that Perry showed this season was awesome and much needed. Tretter is perfect insurance for Linsley who is FA after this coming season. And with Hyde our defensive backfield was bad this season but I'd hate to it without him
Hyde would be nice if price is right. Under normal circumstances he should be a rotational player at best, but he certainly does provide great depth.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much expected this I hope he realizes he should hang it up for his health. 5 concussions is pretty significant. I just hope later in life he is fine and has no major health issues.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, there is some evidence that it does.

I completed a study where I proved that smoking pot can help fix brain injuries but I got high and lost the data and couldn't recall how to replicate it. At least I think I did.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why can't people stay topic
Studies say it helps symptoms, like Tylenol helps pain

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If people notice, this thread got cleaned up... On 1st page it got derailed..

So please don't aid in it again

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Let's get back to shields
Amen. Have to say and not to get off the thread on here LOL. But props to the mods in this forum. I was having fun in the Falcons fan site after the Super Bowl, but what a train wreck of disorganization that site is......no wonder the Falcons fell apart, their fans can't even stay on task. :D

OK.....now back to Shields.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well that's a questionable source if ever I've seen one :laugh: FWIW, I legit don't give a crap if people smoke weed and think it probably does help some people with various ailments. I do, however, like proper research and well-founded claims.

Also, OFFICIAL THREAD BACK ON TRACK moment! Beep beep.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually yes.... you made a claim so I would say the burden is on you to cite a source.... thst being said... I don't really care either way lol.
Actually if I'm stating what I believe to be true, and you say it's not true. Its your job to prove to me its not, or is that only a Court of Law thing? Lol

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts