David Bakhtiari apparently released

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A no brainer for Gute and the Packers. He was a great LT until he became unavailable. Unfortunately for the Packers, that was 45 days after the Packers had resigned him to a new deal on Nov. 15th and a ton of guaranteed money.

Lesson the Packers need to take away from this: Don't be in too big of a hurry to resign players that are still under contract. It might be more prudent to wait until their contract is close to expiring. That said, had the Packers waited until after the 2020 season and Bahk still tears his ACL before the new contract, I don't doubt the Packers still resign him to a decent contract, expecting his ACL to eventually heal just fine. However, the contract probably would have reflected that, as well as the possibility of it being a career ending type injury.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he retires, another team will sign him in an instant with an incentive deal based on snaps played. He was on track for Canton before he hurt his knee. Wish him the best unless of course he signs with the Bears, Cowboys or Vikings.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one hurts, he'll be missed. Not just a great heart and soul player for this team for many years, but a great guy. Thank you David. I wish you all the best good luck and good health.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Unless he retires, another team will sign him in an instant with an incentive deal based on snaps played. He was on track for Canton before he hurt his knee. Wish him the best unless of course he signs with the Bears, Cowboys or Vikings.
Even though they play home games on artificial turf, which he doesn't like, if he continues to play, my money is on him lining up to Aaron Rodgers left.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
A no brainer for Gute and the Packers. He was a great LT until he became unavailable. Unfortunately for the Packers, that was 45 days after the Packers had resigned him to a new deal on Nov. 15th and a ton of guaranteed money.

Lesson the Packers need to take away from this: Don't be in too big of a hurry to resign players that are still under contract. It might be more prudent to wait until their contract is close to expiring. That said, had the Packers waited until after the 2020 season and Bahk still tears his ACL before the new contract, I don't doubt the Packers still resign him to a decent contract, expecting his ACL to eventually heal just fine. However, the contract probably would have reflected that, as well as the possibility of it being a career ending type injury.
His X tweet makes it sound like he is retiring. Time will tell.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I interpreted his tweet as to his time in Green Bay is over. Teams will come calling so his intention to retire may not last. In any regard, he's one of the all time great Packers tackles.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His X tweet makes it sound like he is retiring. Time will tell.
Perhaps but I didn't get that vibe. At least not strongly. Everything he said could have been said about him simply leaving the Packers. It could be pertaining to an involuntary retirement if no one comes to call but I don't think that is likely.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I never had an issue with the resign. It was just so unfortunate for both him and the team. When healthy he is one of the top 3 LTs in all of football. Perhaps he can resurrect his career somewhere else? I just have a gut feeling he is done. :(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I never had an issue with the resign. It was just so unfortunate for both him and the team. When healthy he is one of the top 3 LTs in all of football. Perhaps he can resurrect his career somewhere else? I just have a gut feeling he is done. :(
I wasn't behind the timing of the resign, nor all the guaranteed money. Great player, but way too much money to lock up in a non-QB and one that still had a few months left on his current contract.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't behind the timing of the resign, nor all the guaranteed money. Great player, but way too much money to lock up in a non-QB and one that still had a few months left on his current contract.
By signing him early, they may have saved a few schemolias on the total. Changed some salary cap numbers also.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
By signing him early, they may have saved a few schemolias on the total. Changed some salary cap numbers also.
Let's say they didn't sign him early and everything else stays the same (he tears his knee up at practice on Dec. 28, 2020). Would the Packers still have offered him the same deal? I don't think so, but maybe.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Bittersweet but had to happen. If he can revitalize his career for a season somewhere we hope him the best. I cannot see that knee surviving for much. Just too bad. If it were not for that one game when we were destined to get to the SB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts