Salary Cap Information

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
we still own the rights to Grant, i think, for two more years, even though the amount he will earn next year and the year after have not been solidified.

Yep two more exclusive rights years.. so I say tender him fairly, let him play a couple games next season to carry over proof and ink him say mid year to a fair contract for 4 to 5 years and chew up a major chunk of the remaining cap in 08' so the remaining years are very cap friendly.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
we still own the rights to Grant, i think, for two more years, even though the amount he will earn next year and the year after have not been solidified.

That sounds weird that his contract would give the packers rights if he doesn't have a salary specified though.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

That sounds weird that his contract would give the packers rights if he doesn't have a salary specified though.

It doesn't have anything to do with his contract with the Packers, any player with 3 or less accured years are bound to the team that has them on their roster, the term is "exclusive rights" free agent.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
bozz_2006 said:

It doesn't have anything to do with his contract with the Packers, any player with 3 or less accured years are bound to the team that has them on their roster, the term is "exclusive rights" free agent.

Aw, thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense then.

Members online

Latest posts