Ryan Grant listed as one of the 10 most underrated players

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, and have been saying this for over a year now.
He and our other Ryan (Pickett) don't get the credit they deserve.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking about things that are "underrated" is so overrated.
Geez.
Why all the labels?
He is who he is.
As long as Grant does well, that's all that matters to me.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, Raji hasn't played better than Pickett so far. Even against the pass...

I've been seeing the same thing RS. I know everyone's been saying that Raji's natural position is at the nose however I think it'll take some time before he fully handles that role. IMO I think they should have kept Pickett at NT and let Raji rotate with him at certain intervals like they did last year. Another thing I thought they could've done is keep Raji at LDE and let him work at that spot.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been seeing the same thing RS. I know everyone's been saying that Raji's natural position is at the nose however I think it'll take some time before he fully handles that role. IMO I think they should have kept Pickett at NT and let Raji rotate with him at certain intervals like they did last year. Another thing I thought they could've done is keep Raji at LDE and let him work at that spot.
It was just a remark.

I'm not saying that it was the wrong move, because their point could be that the sooner he's thrown out there, the sooner he can get used to the role and realize his potential.

Because, as good as Pickett was against the run, he wasn't good against the pass, quite frankly...

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 6th. And even if it was a 4th, a 4th round pick for a top 10 RB, are you kidding me?

My thoughts exactly. Think about all the RBs that every fan wants on their team: Deangello Williams, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Maurice Jones-Drew, etc. You'd need a first round pick just to even get their respective GMs to consider trade talks. The fact that you can get a serviceable RB that puts up numbers comparable to them, for anything less than a 2nd round pick is basically a steal.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was just a remark.

I'm not saying that it was the wrong move, because their point could be that the sooner he's thrown out there, the sooner he can get used to the role and realize his potential.

Because, as good as Pickett was against the run, he wasn't good against the pass, quite frankly...

I understand, I was thinking the same thing. In terms of impact right now I thought it would have been best to keep Pickett at the nose. However I want Raji to develop for the long term as well so I guess starting him was the best move for that. My prediction though is that Pickett gets supplanted sometime midseason by Mike Neal. I think Neal's done an impressive job so far to warrant a starting job.

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a 6th. If he re-entered the draft he would probably be a first or at the very least a high 2nd. Only AP has more yards than he since Grant has been the starting RB. It was one of the best trades in recent Packer history.

Members online

Latest posts