Run Defense: #1 In Nfl

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this forum because it's made up of alot of good solid football fans with good knowledge of the game. I have to be honest though, sometimes it seems like people here think like fans of other teams.
Packers are #1 against the run.... because teams are behind or ahead or whatever.
Packers are 3-0... but they had some close games.
Packers are World Champs....but they are lucky and overrated and got hot at the right time.
Sheesh, there are 32 teams, I'd bet alot of fans would like to hang their hat on a single #1 of any sort. I know, I know, but until all these threats to our rating (you know, like Forte) are hung out to dry, can we celebrate a little bit?
Honestly, the Panthers were supposed to have a cohesive and dangerous running game. They were ahead early, what happened? The Bears were living on Forte's back.
And hey Raptorman, are you taking into account the fact that the running averages of the players you mentioned had their stats smashed by the Packers? McFadden hasn't played the Packers yet. Nor has Peterson.

Its true tho...

If we are winning, teams wont run as much (they will pass to catch up, we all know that as a fact), ergo those teams wont have as many rushing yards, or rushing atts...So what is so special using rushing atts or rushing yards then??

Now if you use the yards per carry that is more of a true indicator of how the run D is for me...