Rookie Adams will be watched closely this season for the Packers in his NFL rookie season

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
JLW_51

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really interested in what Lowry does this season. He flashed at times last season, hoping he can build on that. Still waiting for Guion to be cut, no idea why he is on the roster. Take away the personal issues, he hasn't produced.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am really interested in what Lowry does this season. He flashed at times last season, hoping he can build on that. Still waiting for Guion to be cut, no idea why he is on the roster. Take away the personal issues, he hasn't produced.

The Packers don't benefit from releasing Guion before the end of his suspension after week 4. There's no reason to release him now as the team can evaluate the performance of the defensive line before making a decision on him.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree about Lowry and think he will improve and supremely satisfy people. He will log around 3 sacks and 25 tackles but the biggest part he adds will be those passes he bats down. We may not have Peppers yo do it but Lowry is more than capable!

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree about Lowry and think he will improve and supremely satisfy people. He will log around 3 sacks and 25 tackles but the biggest part he adds will be those passes he bats down. We may not have Peppers yo do it but Lowry is more than capable!

It's way too early to compare Lowry to a future Hall of Famer.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Packers don't benefit from releasing Guion before the end of his suspension after week 4. There's no reason to release him now as the team can evaluate the performance of the defensive line before making a decision on him.
And have a four-game hedge against injury, minimum, if someone from the position group should be lost.

That got me to thinking that Dorleant was the designated to return player from IR in 2016 and he's not even with the team any longer. A guy sure can go from limousines to pinto beans in a hurry in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And have a four-game hedge against injury, minimum, if someone from the position group should be lost.

That got me to thinking that Dorleant was the designated to return player from IR in 2016 and he's not even with the team any longer. A guy sure can go from limousines to pinto beans in a hurry in the NFL.

I think we were all hoping that either Shields or Lacy would BE that guy that was returned from the IR, but as it turned out, I think Dorleant was really just the de facto guy by default of nobody else was ready, as well as the need for bodies in the secondary.

His future on the team wasn't helped after he than tore his ACL and in March was arrested in Iowa. Dorleant was cited for interference after an altercation at a Cedar Falls bar

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree with this. By the fans maybe, and by the fans I mean the writer of the article in particular, because many of them will be looking for something else to hang over Ted's head, but as far as the coaching staff goes I can't believe they will be thinking he has anything more to prove than any of the other rookies just because of Ted's history of drafting D-linemen.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article mentioned Boyd, who I thought had a promising career ahead of him. But didn't mention worthy?

It should also be mentioned both Harrell and worthy blew out their backs... that stuff happens...

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most heavily watched rookie for Packer fans isn't even on the Packers team.. it's TJ Watt.

H

HardRightEdge

I can compare the reach advantage over anyone on roster though.
"Reach advantage?" I don't know what that means either.

But it brings to mind that Lowry's arms are so short we were calling him "T-Rex" at this time last year. ;) He's a freak of nature: 6'6", 31" arms. I didn't that was humanly possible.

Peppers had 38" arms, equally freaky at the other end of the spectrum. He could wear Lowry's long sleeve jersey as a short sleeve.

Lowry's a smart, hardworking guy with some strength, some athleticism and some motor. But I've seen no secret sauce to suggest he'll be a front line player. The fact the Packers signed Francois and drafted Adams should tell you something.

The Packers have played slightly less than 80% base D the last couple of years. There's no reason to think this season will be any different. That argues for 5 DL on the roster. If Guion returns, which will likely depend on "who else ya got?" to play NT in base (Francois would be the leading candidate, maybe Adams as backup), somebody would have to go and Lowry might be that guy.

Before getting that far, he'll be facing competition if Ringo can make the jump from scout team leader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Lowery as a guy that is going to show up every week and play his *** off when he gets a chance. He'll make plays because of it and hold his own most other times. I don't see him being a liability, but I don't foresee superstar either. The fans will love him because he's a bring your lunchpail to work type of guy and every big play will be magnified by us for that reason. He's going to be a good guy to have in the rotation I think, but I don't think he's going to be our go to guy up there.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I see Lowery as a guy that is going to show up every week and play his *** off when he gets a chance. He'll make plays because of it and hold his own most other times. I don't see him being a liability, but I don't foresee superstar either. The fans will love him because he's a bring your lunchpail to work type of guy and every big play will be magnified by us for that reason. He's going to be a good guy to have in the rotation I think, but I don't think he's going to be our go to guy up there.

I don't think Lowry gets enough credit for being a really good athlete. I agree with you that he's probably not going to be a star, but he's got a lot of tools to work with.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most heavily watched rookie for Packer fans isn't even on the Packers team.. it's TJ Watt.
I bet that there isn't much difference is stats between Watt and Biegel their ro
I have absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make.
You dont understand how his height plus arms even short as they are give him better advantage to bat down passes at the line?

D

Deleted member 6794

You dont understand how his height plus arms even short as they are give him better advantage to bat down passes at the line?

It wasn't evident at all you were talking about Lowry batting down passes.

I don't expect it to happen that often though as he has way too short arms to consistently be able to deflect throws.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Even with his rather short arms, according to PFF Lowry led the nation with 15 passes batted down his last two years at Northwestern. How that will translate in the NFL, remains to be seen, but I expect to see more of and a better player on the field this season with Lowry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts