Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really, Hardman was placed on injured reserve on Nov 17th and only played in 8 games. Also, yes Kelce is a big time factor in the stats of Hardman as well.

Kelce: 1338 yds
JuJu: 933 yds
MVS: 687 yds
Watson: 313 yds
Gray (TE #@): 299 yds
Sky Moore: 250 yds
Toney 171 yds
3 RB's: 793 yds

Pretty much explains why Hardman had only 34 targets, 25 catches and 297 yds. Mahomes and the Chiefs know how to spread the ball around and they had plenty of weapons to do it.
That is a reasonable take. I will say the league did not value him much at all. In a year where Jakobi Meyers was the best free agent wr (read that as a really bad wr year) who landed a 3 year 30 million deal hardman only landed a 1 year 6 million deal. The league did not value him very highly

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But back to Rodgers with this being a Rodgers thread. With reports saying the Packers are asking for a 1st plus more what are the odds this deal gets done before the draft? There isn't a huge rush before then. The Packers seem very firm in their asking price.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That is a reasonable take. I will say the league did not value him much at all. In a year where Jakobi Meyers was the best free agent wr (read that as a really bad wr year) who landed a 3 year 30 million deal hardman only landed a 1 year 6 million deal. The league did not value him very highly
I agree with that, which is why I think the Jets potentially got really good value on the signing. Hardman just turned 25, so I think he still hasn't hit his peak and if Rodgers is his QB, he might surprise some people.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be over shadowed by that wr group is sort of an indictment isn't it? Juju, MVS, toney. No one really impressive at all outside of their all world right end.
IMO. If not injured Hardman would have been the #3 receiving weapon in KC last season. He averaged more receptions per game than MVS and I am not sure if they would have even acquired Toney if Hardman was healthy. I politely disagree that he was overshadowed by MVS or Toney.

Reaction score
But back to Rodgers with this being a Rodgers thread. With reports saying the Packers are asking for a 1st plus more what are the odds this deal gets done before the draft? There isn't a huge rush before then. The Packers seem very firm in their asking price.
It’s a risky move. Yet GB can function without trading Aaron.

We all know what just 1 WR1 will cost in FA or OL verses the draft. Missing out out on a 5 season rookie contract is equivalent to losing $100m+ Over the next 5 seasons if we have to replace that in FA and we couldn’t do that even if we wanted. So we’ll have to wait for better draft picks elsewhere in the AFC etc.

I’d resolve to eat the extra $30m next season or whatever and find another trade option in the future. The second best scenario is Rodgers retires, which isn't preferred it’s actually fine and we’re prepared for that also.

Call NY 7 days pre draft and tell NY thanks but we’re not bluffing we’ve just decided we’d like to find a new trade partner. They’d have 24 hours or the offer is off the table altogether.
Both 2nd Rounders
AND
this years 4th
Plus
A 2025 4th Rounder If Aaron plays 2 seasons

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Cobb has stated publicly he intends to play. Rodgers has stated he wants to play with Cobb. We all saw how they walked off the field at Lambeau last year.

Cobb will be a Jet for the 2023 season

I'm convinced Cobb wants to play for the Jets if Rodgers actually ends up there. I don't believe that the Jets have a ton of interest in him. But we'll see.

Hardmans not a key piece hes a 4 or 5 on a really good team that can add a dimension

In my opinion Hardman is at least a decent #3 wide receiver.

Call NY 7 days pre draft and tell NY thanks but we’re not bluffing we’ve just decided we’d like to find a new trade partner. They’d have 24 hours or the offer is off the table altogether.

The Jets would simply call that bluff as it's all but guaranteed there won't be another team interested in trading for Rodgers before the draft.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think his point is they don't HAVE to trade him before the draft. It would be a ballsy move but they may HAVE to do it.

Reaction score
The Jets would simply call that bluff as it's all but guaranteed there won't be another team interested in trading for Rodgers before the draft.
In that scenario I’m not bluffing. I’m a lot bolder than you though because even you don’t believe me.

I’m not losing a 5 year deal on a premier OT or WR or Edge. That’s $100M+ lost. I see it monetarily as $50m net loss minimum trading for a 3rd Rounder. Brian should’ve never entertained NY imo

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In that scenario I’m not bluffing. I’m a lot bolder than you though. When I have an issue I go to the top 3 layers over everyone’s head and have a sit down meeting. I’ve done this several times with my past Employer’s and you’d be surprised of the immediate respect I’ve gotten.

I think the Jets will be the first to blink, but that blink might come in the form of working out a deal for Lemar Jackson or another QB that suddenly is expendable. So the Packers need to be careful not to get too close to the flame. As many have pointed out, you just can't justify/afford to pay Rodgers and make him sit on the bench. I also doubt they could convince him to retire, he'll want his $60M even if it means not starting. Having him play for the Packers? That would be about as awkward as sleeping with your ex, in front of her/his family. A LOT would have to be repaired to do that.

The only other thing that bails the Packers out of this stare down is another team suddenly decides they want Rodgers. Either they didn't get the QB they wanted in the draft or their current starter got hurt before the season started. Otherwise, either the Packers or Jets will cave. My money is on the Jets, the organization, the fans and the media are all counting on having Rodgers, if they fail on getting him, they will be chastised up and down.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jets will be the first to blink, but that blink might come in the form of working out a deal for Lemar Jackson or another QB that suddenly is expendable. So the Packers need to be careful not to get too close to the flame. As many have pointed out, you just can't justify/afford to pay Rodgers and make him sit on the bench. I also doubt they could convince him to retire, he'll want his $60M even if it means not starting. Having him play for the Packers? That would be about as awkward as sleeping with your ex, in front of her/his family. A LOT would have to be repaired to do that.

The only other thing that bails the Packers out of this stare down is another team suddenly decides they want Rodgers. Either they didn't get the QB they wanted in the draft or their current starter got hurt before the season started. Otherwise, either the Packers or Jets will cave. My money is on the Jets, the organization, the fans and the media are all counting on having Rodgers, if they fail on getting him, they will be chastised up and down.
Lamar Jackson isn’t going anywhere. People need to stop with that. They’re not giving up 2 #1s and there isn’t any QBs that are going to magically appear that are at the very least serviceable. They’ve signed his former coach and signed Lazard. Its ARod with no plan B.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lamar Jackson isn’t going anywhere. People need to stop with that. They’re not giving up 2 #1s and there isn’t any QBs that are going to magically appear that are at the very least serviceable. They’ve signed his former coach and signed Lazard. Its ARod with no plan B.

That is a valid point, if I had to trade 2 ones and pay a guy a bunch of guranteed money over the next two seasons. I'd pick Rodgers over Lamar Jackson

Last edited:
Reaction score

You hit it exactly. Other teams will have need between now and next season. The Jets will not be the only team with interest this year or next. We are not required by force to trade anyone.
Now someone will argue that Rodgers won’t play. That’s fine too we won’t physically force anyone and really we could say any player in the league can refuse to play we can’t stop that, so why worry about it. Im going to hedge a bet that Rodgers would look very bad sitting on a bench pouting and if he goes that route? his PR is going to be add devastation to destroyed. He can kiss away any plan on getting a Big Booth contract, he’ll have alienated a massive % of NFL fans. He’ll lose far more than a singular couple seasons of NFL $$. Also expect his endorsements to run hard and run fast. No marketing campaign will risk signing for a player who could damage their image. I will say I believe Rodgers isn’t that dumb to go that route also, I’m just stating what he’s up against is all.

The good news? These are all worst case, low % scenarios. My opinion is a resolution is coming. Those trades the Jets are making are putting them in a position to make a fair offer for both parties.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I think his point is they don't HAVE to trade him before the draft. It would be a ballsy move but they may HAVE to do it.

I would definitely prefer to trade Rodgers before the draft to receive picks this year as it's probable next year's selections will be closer to the end of each round.

In that scenario I’m not bluffing. I’m a lot bolder than you though because even you don’t believe me.

I’m not losing a 5 year deal on a premier OT or WR or Edge. That’s $100M+ lost. I see it monetarily as $50m net loss minimum trading for a 3rd Rounder. Brian should’ve never entertained NY imo

Of course the Packers would be bluffing if there's no other team interested in trading for Rodgers before the draft. The Jets could easily call it.

Other teams will have need between now and next season.

While it's possible other teams will be interested in trading for Rodgers before the start of the season because of an injury to their starter or the draft not going their way I highly doubt there will be another one before this year's draft.

With that being said that got me thinking about the Niners as a possible suitor for Rodgers if a trade with the Jets doesn't happen until after the draft. There's no way San Francisco can trade for him using picks this year but what about them offering selections in 2024 and '25 if he's still on the Packers roster after the draft has concluded? :whistling:

Now someone will argue that Rodgers won’t play. That’s fine too we won’t physically force anyone and really we could say any player in the league can refuse to play we can’t stop that, so why worry about it. Im going to hedge a bet that Rodgers would look very bad sitting on a bench pouting and if he goes that route? his PR is going to be add devastation to destroyed. He can kiss away any plan on getting a Big Booth contract, he’ll have alienated a massive % of NFL fans. He’ll lose far more than a singular couple seasons of NFL $$. Also expect his endorsements to run hard and run fast. No marketing campaign will risk signing for a player who could damage their image. I will say I believe Rodgers isn’t that dumb to go that route also, I’m just stating what he’s up against is all.

I'm convinced Rodgers would play if the Packers asked him to but there's absolutely no doubt it would be an awkward situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If this is true about Rodgers....no respect.

The GM told reporters that the organization attempted many times to contact Rodgers about returning in 2023, but were only able to get in touch with his reps, who eventually informed the team that the quarterback wanted to join the Jets.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The GM told reporters that the organization attempted many times to contact Rodgers about returning in 2023, but were only able to get in touch with his reps, who eventually informed the team that the quarterback wanted to join the Jets.

Been posted numerous times now

Now tomorrow Rodgers will defense his stance and say they ”lost his number”

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Been posted numerous times now

Now tomorrow Rodgers will defense his stance and say they ”lost his number”
I must have missed it, but one day soon, we'll hopefully be down to one Rodgers thread: "Rodgers, the man, the myth and the legend in his own mind."

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahahah dude is probably the most talented qb to ever play. I say probably because of Mahomes.

Yes he's into himself, who cares

I just hope we get picks 42 and 43

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm absolutely convinced that neither Gutekunst nor Rodgers are telling the whole truth. As mentioned in other threads both are most likely to blame for it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hahahah dude is probably the most talented qb to ever play. I say probably because of Mahomes.

Yes he's into himself, who cares

I just hope we get picks 42 and 43
I don't think anyone has questioned just how good of a QB he has been for the Packers. Which is what some fans seem to want to make it out to be, because it is an "argument" that they can win. You are right though, he is into himself, which in a team game, isn't the best approach. Oh I know he cares about some teammates, I'm not going to win that debate either. What he doesn't seem to care about is the franchise and the people "above him", that are paid to make all the decisions.

The Rodgers apologists are spinning on their heads now, trying to figure out a way to redirect the narrative and put the blame back on the Packers or quickly try to **** on the fire by saying "it doesn't matter, move on." Actually, it does matter a whole lot, Rodgers is the one throwing the mud, in his Rodgers kind of way. Gute is just trying to clear the air, after all, he does have a team to run and part of doing that is job is PR, for the fans and players, both past, current and future.

Rodgers and others still seem upset about the Love draft pick, saying it was a wasted pick and it was what started this ball rolling down hill with Rodgers. Actually, Rodgers chose to create that ball and jump on it, as did some fans. Turns out, Gute was spot on in the need for Love and we will find out in 2023 if the scouts were too.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and others still seem upset about the Love draft pick, saying it was a wasted pick and it was what started this ball rolling down hill with Rodgers. Actually, Rodgers chose to create that ball and jump on it, as did some fans. Turns out, Gute was spot on in the need for Love and we will find out in 2023 if the scouts were too.

I disagree - his timing with Love selection was proven to have been wrong. Doesn't mean the Love selection does work out to the benefit of the team, but picking Love started this whole spiraling of everything - to me that is one of the only non-debatable things about this whole drama which has ensued. Doesn't change the childish antics many of us feel Rodgers started doing then and through now, but regardless of that picking Love when we did was a year or two too early and I'm comfortable saying that and still also wanting Rodgers gone like two years ago.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^^Now I say that with the caveat in the coming years we may learn that perhaps waffling or disagreements were already occurring behind closed doors and perhaps Gute felt before even picking Love the end was close...who knows.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I disagree - his timing with Love selection was proven to have been wrong. Doesn't mean the Love selection does work out to the benefit of the team, but picking Love started this whole spiraling of everything - to me that is one of the only non-debatable things about this whole drama which has ensued. Doesn't change the childish antics many of us feel Rodgers started doing then and through now, but regardless of that picking Love when we did was a year or two too early and I'm comfortable saying that and still also wanting Rodgers gone like two years ago.
Yeah, I have to disagree with you here. How was his timing with the Love selection proven to be wrong? By hindsight? Here we are, 3 straight off seasons of Rodgers waffling on what he wants to do and now its trade time, how's that for hindsight?

Rodgers was what 36, the age when most football players are done, when Love was drafted. He was coming off of some seasons with injuries and appearing to slow down. About the same time that TT drafted Favre's predecessor and that seemed to work out.

Anyway, no matter how you look at the "should they or shouldn't they have drafted Love", it comes back to Rodgers reaction to that pick. If you are one that believes it was the catalyst for all his dramatic behavior, I might agree with you, but did he act appropriately? A man getting paid over a kings ransom, is going to pout about a QB being drafted? A man that wins back to back MVP's after Love was drafted, proving he can still play, is still going to fuel his resentment in other ways? Sure, the Love pick might have been Rodgers tripping point, but it didn't have to be, he let it be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts