Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean.

Too early to tell if the Rodgers trade will go through?

Too early to tell if Rodgers ends up retiring?

Too early to tell if Rodgers is traded to another team?

Too early to tell if Rodgers ends up playing for the Packers in 2023?

Too early to tell a lot of things about Rodgers, even when you think you know, he's a complicated fella.

Opps wrong thread

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter king

I think when this story is finished, we’ll see that Green Bay GM Brian Gutekunst wanted an all-in Rodgers in March 2023 and knew he wouldn’t get it.
What does "all-in" mean? Was Rodgers not all-in last season? Or does Gute think "all-in" means attending OTAs?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does "all-in" mean? Was Rodgers not all-in last season? Or does Gute think "all-in" means attending OTAs?

Who knows, however let’s say the following hypothetical events happen:

Jets trade for him and you see him attend all the off season non mandatory stuff for the Jets and/or have players together for workouts…

Gute at a presser asked about it should say, “Would have been amazing to have seen that here in GB. Next question.”

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets trade for him and you see him attend all the off season non mandatory stuff for the Jets and/or have players together for workouts…

Gute at a presser asked about it should say, “Would have been amazing to have seen that here in GB. Next question.”
A good answer, but of course hardly the same situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who knows, however let’s say the following hypothetical events happen:

After a trade to Jets, Rodgers is asked about the team signing free agent wide receivers in Lazard and Hardman despite already having some talent at the position: "Would have been amazing to have seen that in Green Bay. Next question."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After a trade to Jets, Rodgers is asked about the team signing free agent wide receivers in Lazard and Hardman despite already having some talent at the position: "Would have been amazing to have seen that in Green Bay. Next question."

Love it, and I don't entirely disagree with it - however I don't see the two things interchangeable merely because player acquisitioning or prospect drafting still is conducted with the sole purpose of a better team...not coming to off season workouts is just only negative IMO.

Not gonna lie though, that would be hilarious to see them both do it - as neither would be wrong for saying it at all.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hardman and lazard are the exact type of wrs that Rodgers has had. Incomplete wrs. Hardman has topped 5 catches in a game 3 times in his 4 years playing with arguably the best QB in football. His is nice depth but not a proven wr. Lazard is a great blocker and a dependable wr who cannot separate. A solid number 3 wr.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we really think obj is top end wr anymore? Old and coming off another significant injury
I'm certainly ok with some other team giving him money and expecting a lot. The only thing that makes me more happy is us NOT being that team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Do we really think obj is top end wr anymore? Old and coming off another significant injury
If the reports are true and OBJ is seeking $20M per year or anything North of $12M...I wouldn't touch him, unless he was willing to sign a contract that had a very small base salary, but incentives that possibly would allow him to reach that $20M per year.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the reports are true and OBJ is seeking $20M per year or anything North of $12M...I wouldn't touch him, unless he was willing to sign a contract that had a very small base salary, but incentives that possibly would allow him to reach that $20M per year.
That would be insanity. He had 48 receptions (on 72 targets) in 12 games with the Rams. And he is coming off an ACL tear. And he is old. Anything more than an incentive laden contract would be insane

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Top end like a top ten in the league, no one is that dumb. Is he still very capable and a WR2 on nearly any team in the league, easily argued except on a handful or so.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He himself has dismissed that.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hardman and lazard are the exact type of wrs that Rodgers has had. Incomplete wrs. Hardman has topped 5 catches in a game 3 times in his 4 years playing with arguably the best QB in football. His is nice depth but not a proven wr. Lazard is a great blocker and a dependable wr who cannot separate. A solid number 3 wr.

They also have Garret Wilson as their wr1 and are rumored to be signing OBJ as wr2. So yeah you got Lazard as 3. Cobb as 4 and Hardman as 5. Thats a pretty good veteran room. And who knows they might add a guy in the draft too

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I'd say OBJ and Lazard are quite even at this point in OBJ's career. I agree though, if they'd also still add Cobb that's a strong room...and shoot they still technically have Davis and Mims under contract.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also have Garret Wilson as their wr1 and are rumored to be signing OBJ as wr2. So yeah you got Lazard as 3. Cobb as 4 and Hardman as 5. Thats a pretty good veteran room. And who knows they might add a guy in the draft too
Cobb is not better than Hardman. IMO. Heck Hardman may be #3 when you add in his ability to run with the ball on gimmick plays. IMO Lazard 3A Hardman 3B. I am not sure the Jets will even sign Cobb. If Corey Davis remains a Jet he is the clear #3. IMO.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is obviously a very good player with Rodgers at Qb.

I kinda forgot about Davis and maybe they do keep him but I dont think hes very good. My bet would be they try to trade him to get more draft capital and if they cant they release him to realize 10.5 m in cap savings

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is obviously a very good player with Rodgers at Qb.

I kinda forgot about Davis and maybe they do keep him but I dont think hes very good. My bet would be they try to trade him to get more draft capital and if they cant they release him to realize 10.5 m in cap savings

What does not very good mean to you? Not a WR1, I agree. Not a elite WR2, I agree. An above average WR2 that can have WR1 days like Lazard....I believe he is that.

Even with terrible QB play he puts up Lazard type production at his worst. He is the perfect veteran IMO to bring into our WR room - isn't a threat for the Watson/Doubs growth...would lesson the immediate need possibly for a rookie drafted to have to make things happen immediately. Of course if he comes in the trade, it would be only on a reworked deal as we aren't paying him what he would make if on roster.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does not very good mean to you? Not a WR1, I agree. Not a elite WR2, I agree. An above average WR2 that can have WR1 days like Lazard....I believe he is that.

Even with terrible QB play he puts up Lazard type production at his worst. He is the perfect veteran IMO to bring into our WR room - isn't a threat for the Watson/Doubs growth...would lesson the immediate need possibly for a rookie drafted to have to make things happen immediately. Of course if he comes in the trade, it would be only on a reworked deal as we aren't paying him what he would make if on roster.

I mean he's not bad, hes an average #3 in my book at this point. Not much upside. He could have a decent year just doesn't do much to excite me

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he still? In 25 games the last two years he had 62 receptions for 792 yards. He did have 41 first downs I guess but those are super pedestrian per game averages.

Hes a nice 4 or 5 on a championship team led by Rodgers at Qb. Hes gonna make some clutch plays for first downs. A role player. Hes not one of your top 3 but he could fill in as one for a few games

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Under 10 mill..I even heard 6 mill

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts