Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the sports writer King's take. Have Rodgers play for us this coming season. I doubt he wants to sit out the season. Maybe win a super bowl. Another MVP. No hard feelings. A trade at the seasons' end if that is what he wants. But I don't think it would be a good idea to change the contract so that he could just leave after the season, no strings attached.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Getting back to the Aaron Rodgers trade treasure, if we had a team built of all those high picks can you imagine what our salary cap would look like when all those studs came due for their second contracts.
Besides the cap issue, who even says that any of the draft picks will be studs? Finding the next stud QB, even a bigger longshot. We have all seen just how first round picks work out, ranging from #1 to #32, no guarantees. That said, if Rodgers wants out, I will take as many picks as someone will give us and hope its a leg up on what was inevitably going to happen when he walked away.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way any team offers anywhere near what you guys are speculating. He is most likely worth a 2022 1st and 2nd as well as a 2023 1st. Then the negotiating begins. A player would probably be thrown in. GB would want a player who could help immediately. The trade partner would want to get rid of a bad contract to save money since they will probably have to give him a new contract. They will probably also offer a QB in the package. The Packers will probably get compensatory 2022 picks in the 4th (Linsley) and 6th (Williams) rounds. I wouldn't mind throwing one of those in to make sure an impact defensive player was included. Unless the Pack think they can move the QB involved I would just pass on that part. So my thinking is:
1. Rodgers and the 6th round comp. pick for 2022 1 & 2 2023 #1 & 5 plus an impact D player and one of their bad contracts who we could just cut if he is of no help.
2. Rodgers and the 4th round comp pick for 2022 1 & 2 2023 # 1 & 5 plus an impact D player and another player ( O or D ) who adds depth to a position of need.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I liked the sports writer King's take. Have Rodgers play for us this coming season. I doubt he wants to sit out the season. Maybe win a super bowl. Another MVP. No hard feelings. A trade at the seasons' end if that is what he wants. But I don't think it would be a good idea to change the contract so that he could just leave after the season, no strings attached.
No thanks. Either he is all in or out. I don't want a lame duck QB and possibly a lame duck top 5 WR. The amount of BS that will follow that setup all season long will just serve as a major distraction. Also, what if Rodgers suffers a major injury? Either rip the band aid now and trade him or put the wound on ice and let him sit, if that is what he chooses to do. While I realize sitting him will probably bring some distractions in itself, I would prefer the major savings of not paying him his salary, starting the AAR (After Aaron Rodgers) process sooner than later and the most important, not letting him push the Packers into doing what he wants.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would certainly prefer a proven player or two over draft picks. Draft picks tend to be highly overvalued because everyone assumes THEY'RE going to be the team that picks Minkah Fitzpatrick and Courtland Sutton with those extra picks while instead you could end up with Tremaine Edmunds and Josh Jackson.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks. Either he is all in or out. I don't want a lame duck QB and possibly a lame duck top 5 WR. The amount of BS that will follow that setup all season long will just serve as a major distraction. Also, what if Rodgers suffers a major injury? Either rip the band aid now and trade him or put the wound on ice and let him sit, if that is what he chooses to do. While I realize sitting him will probably bring some distractions in itself, I would prefer the major savings of not paying him his salary, starting the AAR (After Aaron Rodgers) process sooner than later and the most important, not letting him push the Packers into doing what he wants.

Yep, I agree with this 100%.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I am done with AR12s endless whining and pouting and general BS. We had a good run with AR12. It had to end eventually.

2021 will be a brutal season with Jordan Love at QB, particularly when you look at the schedule. Let's just hope HE doesn't get injured and we end up with Blake Bortles.

I like the idea of a load of draft picks. Fresh young blood. Young men who want to be there.

Maybe Jordan Love will surprise us all.

Shockwave

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would certainly prefer a proven player or two over draft picks. Draft picks tend to be highly overvalued because everyone assumes THEY'RE going to be the team that picks Minkah Fitzpatrick and Courtland Sutton with those extra picks while instead you could end up with Tremaine Edmunds and Josh Jackson.
While I agree with you, you can also get strapped with a Veteran that ends up busting out too, as well as an expensive contract. Those talking about "taking a player that the other team wants to dump their expensive contract" need to look at our salary cap situation currently and even more importantly, for 2022. Yes, shedding Rodgers would help that, but I would be opposed to take a player in a trade that is part of it just for the other team to rid themselves of his contract. We the Jacksonville Jaguars or Cleveland Browns.

I think a healthy mix of draft picks and maybe a starter would be my preference.

The Packers would have to approach the trade with the idea that they may need some draft stock to move up in one of the next 2 drafts, just in case Love isn't what they expected. Even still, will they know after 1-2 seasons? Best case scenario, Love is the guy and all the picks/players finally address other positional needs. Worst case scenario, Love is a Bust and the Packers become the next NFL team looking for their next star QB.

Reaction score
I like that. Either he takes a year off, then traded or he gets traded now. Thats really the most favorable 2 scenarios Imo
Unless they go all in long term and I’m beginning to think that’s a stumbling block for this FO.
Just my opinion, but unless Aaron gave us some remarkable yearly and a contract out after 3-4 seasons? It just doesn’t fit their MO going back at least 3 seasons + It would be completely irregular. They’ve been all about a year earlier than a year too late. Not an easy decision but you gotta stick to your guns.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people need to come to terms like the Stones did and realize "you don't always get what you want".
It takes 2 teams to make a trade.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The orange looks good with his beard?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd trade Patrick Mahommes for that...almost

Euchre for sure. played sheepshead a couple of times never got into it.

Smeared, as in high low jack jick joker game of smear (or schmier) In my family we added the 5s to make it 17 points. I have no idea how to play now but weekends at my moms family campsite never went by without a game or two or twenty.

Played a lot of Buck Euchre with my dads family because there were usually more than 4 people who wanted in. They were farmers and always seemed to be in competition to see who could build the highest Harvestore (stack of blue chips representing sets) then they would make side bets for the high spade. Bet a certain number of chips and whoever had the highest spade between took them all.

I hate Texas hold'em, never got into a game where everyone used the same cards. Its kinda like a game of war but only one player flips a card. I love me some 5 card draw, 7 card stud and even a little no peek thrown in for variety. NO WILD CARDS ALLOWED.

That's the way I feel. Its not always the best decisions but at least I can only blame myself when I lose.

Getting back to the Aaron Rodgers trade treasure, if we had a team built of all those high picks can you imagine what our salary cap would look like when all those studs came due for their second contracts.
Maybe we’ve hit in something. Gute should challenge Rodgers to a 3 day dual of Buck Euchre Jamboree.

settle this the old fashioned way. Gamble!
Host a celebrity card match to settle this and charge $50 an online ticket given to charity. 2 rounds Of Euchre, 2 rounds of 7 card no stud and 3 rounds of Blackjack.
Best 4 out of 7.
Loser makes a short public apology and fans must stop griping on both sides and unite under the winner.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think thats necessarily true.
1.What if Rodgers regresses considerably?
2. What if Rodgers suffers another injury?
3. He’s turning 39 in the 2022 season so they could argue that you just lost 20% of his remaining career.
Those are just off the top of my head.
I’d argue that His value will never be higher than it is now after a league MVP season, unless he wins SB MVP. I don’t like those odds at all. As far as time, He’s much more likely diminishing than increasing in return.

I doubt he comes back as a lame duck QB for 1 season with a promise to be traded. So, 1 is eliminated and 2 is a risk regardless.

If you only have one team chasing him in the offseason, then who knows what the true value is if you have 5-7 teams chasing him (with the added bonus that you know where the picks are).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will greatly miss Rodgers the player. Rodgers the prickly, mopey 'I'm the smartest guy in the room, you don't understand my awesomeness', not so much.
Lot's of truth to this statement. His negative attributes mostly showed up off the field. The ones that showed up on the field were pretty easy to overlook due to his abilities. Too often I heard "Rodgers is a great player/guy but......"

His buts are finally piling up and catching up with him. Might be time to move on from his....butt.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Starting to think that if Rodgers is traded before the season, Adams should be too. Really load up on picks.

If things aren't patched up with AR and he is traded or on his way out, they really need to have a heart to heart with Davante. There would be no reason to hang on to him this season if he says he won't be resigning with the Packers after this season. Get value out of him while you can and more playing time for those who will be here beyond 2021.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My money is still on the Packers not trading Rodgers before or during the 2021 season. Rodgers can retire or play for the Packers. Do you think the Packers FO is one that will capitulate? I don't. If Rodgers wants to play for another team he's going to have sit for year (at least). This kind of behavior cannot be rewarded.

Members online

Latest posts