Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There is definitely some truth to this statement, supposedly made by an anonymous NFL coach

“Rodgers wants to talk about vaccine mandates and cancel culture, while Brady talks about all ball. Rodgers loves the standing invite on the A.J. Hawk show (Pat McAfee Show) and he wants to talk about cancel culture, woke mob and every other thing that doesn’t do anything but splinter and unfocus the group. To me, Rodgers doesn’t show the focus that it really takes to win the multiple championships.”

Anonymous NFL coach on Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, via The Athletic

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get to the level and understanding of the game of football Rodgers has, without great and intense focus. I'd wager someone just doesn't like what Rodgers was saying, so they have to bring it up.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Can a guy be more open?
You need to look at the entire play. He was not in this position when Rodgers planted his right foot to make the throw. It was a question of which one of two deep receivers that Rodgers saw as his potential targets. It was too late to reset.

Now, if you want to assume that Rodgers knew he'd get this open, you have a case to make, but over the course of years of play, Rodgers chose to throw the ball to the guy who he "knew in his mind" would do the best to get open.

I have reviewed this played literally dozens of times to see it as clearly as possible. That's my personal opinion.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get to the level and understanding of the game of football Rodgers has, without great and intense focus. I'd wager someone just doesn't like what Rodgers was saying, so they have to bring it up.
Yeah Rodgers wasn't talking about this stuff in previous seasons when he failed.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yeah Rodgers wasn't talking about this stuff in previous seasons when he failed.
I'm not going to derail this thread with Covid talk, all I am going to say is that someone found a way to bring Covid into a discussion because they don't agree with Rodgers' take on it, and disguised it as a dig at Rodgers' football character. And that is disgusting.

None of these guys talk all ball all the time. All of these guys have personal lives. Outside interests. Etc. To make the insinuation that Brady is a football robot who never veers from that is so laughably ridiculous that it boarders on some type of creepy obsession to denigrate another player for his views on Covid. It's just a joke.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need to look at the entire play. He was not in this position when Rodgers planted his right foot to make the throw. It was a question of which one of two deep receivers that Rodgers saw as his potential targets. It was too late to reset.

Now, if you want to assume that Rodgers knew he'd get this open, you have a case to make, but over the course of years of play, Rodgers chose to throw the ball to the guy who he "knew in his mind" would do the best to get open.

I have reviewed this played literally dozens of times to see it as clearly as possible. That's my personal opinion.
The closest defender is trailing the play by 7 yards and was still running in stride. If Rodgers thought throwing a jump ball 25 yards downfield to Adams in double coverage that was clearly a mistake on his part. That would be my point. I think it was the Ravens game Rodgers missed a wide open Adams early and a wide open TE I believe it was in the end zone, and the announcers raved about how you never see Rodgers miss two throws like in a season much less one game and I just laughed. He misses a LOT of throws but he gets a ton of free passes. Rodgers apologists can make all the excuses for him they want. Green Bay underachieved AGAIN in the playoffs and will be sitting home AGAIN because of sup par play on his part.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to derail this thread with Covid talk, all I am going to say is that someone found a way to bring Covid into a discussion because they don't agree with Rodgers' take on it, and disguised it as a dig at Rodgers' football character. And that is disgusting.

None of these guys talk all ball all the time. All of these guys have personal lives. Outside interests. Etc. To make the insinuation that Brady is a football robot who never veers from that is so laughably ridiculous that it boarders on some type of creepy obsession to denigrate another player for his views on Covid. It's just a joke.
I don’t think COVID has anything to do with it. I do think that it’s totally plausible that Rodgers with all of the drama he caused and defensiveness he’s exhibited because of it choked. You needed a team leader and he was focused on himself, his legacy whatever. He had laid it all out on the line, felt the pressure, reverted to his old bad habits of zeroing in on Adams and he choked the game away. Yes the defense almost bailed him out and yes the niners needed help from our special teams but the supposed MVP at home in the playoffs puts 3 points on the board after the opening drive. There’s your legacy.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don’t think COVID has anything to do with it. I do think that it’s totally plausible that Rodgers with all of the drama he caused and defensiveness he’s exhibited because of it choked. You needed a team leader and he was focused on himself, his legacy whatever. He had laid it all out on the line, felt the pressure, reverted to his old bad habits of zeroing in on Adams and he choked the game away. Yes the defense almost bailed him out and yes the niners needed help from our special teams but the supposed MVP at home in the playoffs puts 3 points on the board after the opening drive. There’s your legacy.
Let's discuss your legacy next.

If it had nothing to do with Covid, then why was Covid mentioned?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't get to the level and understanding of the game of football Rodgers has, without great and intense focus.

So why didn't he understand that throwing 17 yards to a wide open Lazard for a first down is a far better choice than chucking it 50 yards downfield on third down to Adams in double coverage? Seems to me your average Madden warrior would understand that.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So why didn't he understand that throwing 17 yards to a wide open Lazard for a first down is a far better choice than chucking it 50 yards downfield on third down to Adams in double coverage? Seems to me your average Madden warrior would understand that.
I'm sure that, as good as you might be at your job, you've screwed up before. Maybe not though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually root for players who leave here, but I think I would be a little irritated if Rodgers delivered a Super Bowl win for another team at this point, after the last 10 years. I hate to admit it, but there's a little bit of bitterness creeping in.
I wonder if Brady has any interest in being the first QB to win a SB with three different teams?

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herschel Walker him and move on. Maybe we don't win the division for a couple/few years but is that feat really a cause for celebration? I'd rather have them suck and have no delusions they're SB bound than have all hopes and dreams extinguished in the first playoff game (again).

Let's be real for a minute. Do you really think had GB won the game they could hang with a team like the Bills or Chiefs? 4 quarters, 10 points. Savor the au jus that is Arod in the playoffs. Time to move on. I'm burnt out on the drama.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Since you quoted my post, just want to be clear that I wasn't being sarcastic.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if Brady has any interest in being the first QB to win a SB with three different teams?
I don't think GB has a good enough defense to draw Brady's interest. Also, I'd hate to be the first team he fails to win a Super Bowl with, that might give me a complex.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think GB has a good enough defense to draw Brady's interest. Also, I'd hate to be the first team he fails to win a Super Bowl with, that might give me a complex.
So why take a chance on success due to the possibility of failure?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I usually root for players who leave here, but I think I would be a little irritated if Rodgers delivered a Super Bowl win for another team at this point, after the last 10 years. I hate to admit it, but there's a little bit of bitterness creeping in.

He`s not delivering a superbowl for anybody. He`s a choker and always will be.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think hes regruntled, but could a bad playoff loss gruntle him again? Like say, what if Tom Brady and the Bucs beat them at Lambeau again? I wonder how much last year's loss in the NFCCG contributed to him being gruntled in the first place.
We
Let's discuss your legacy next.

If it had nothing to do with Covid, then why was Covid mentioned?
ummmm dude 1st I didn’t bring it up

2nd you seem to take this very personally… it’s about football opinions, not personal attacks or hurt feelings

Neither you nor I have a legacy here

You express your opinion I express mine, that’s how it works

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Again

Kuhn is employed by the packers. You dont think their pr team coached him?

Also

Rodgers to Colts

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think there is any doubt that Rodgers has a great understanding of the game, but I do believe he gets distracted quite easily by things going on around him. He himself has said that he used to just stay quiet and not comment on all of these things going on around him, thus acknowledging that they were weighing on his mind, but he kept quiet. He stated that his new stance is not to stay quiet and to use his platform to talk about all these things. That's cool Aaron, but how much noise and distraction are you creating for your team and teammates, in the middle of a season? Process and move on, don't let it continue to bother you.

Rodgers is a great QB and will go down in history as one of them, but I think one thing that has been both a blessing and a curse to Rodgers is his memory and the way he processes and holds onto information. He remembers so many things, details so specific, its a bit Rainman scary like. So yes, as a QB, having all the information and to be able to process it super fast, is an advantage and he shows how it works time and again. However, in the middle of a game, those short term memories of a receiver dropping a ball, running the wrong route or a missed block, etc. seem to haunt him and build up, finally boiling into frustration. Not saying he would be a better QB if he was "just a dumb jock", but I think if he could process and get over some things, instead of letting them distract him, he might be a more focused QB in crunch time. He might not come to the conclusion, consciously or subconsciously, that its Davante or bust.