Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His opinion may be more valid than some due to his friendship with AR but I still think it is just that, his opinion. I don't think he has any inside information from AR himself.

I don't think AR needs to give his blessing for JK to express his opinion. Its not like he presented it as breaking news.

Its certainly better than him saying his gut is telling him Rodgers is gone after this year but I'm not going to ring any bells over it.

I don't know if that is really funny or really profound.

So you think if JK said something Rodgers didnt want him to publicly that Rodgers would continue talking to Kuhn openly? Or at all?

I dont think so, not a guy who cut off his own family...

Its clear to me that Kuhn is a mouthpiece for Rodgers and he put that out becas Rodgers wanted him to

You apparently didnt see Rodgers and Kuhn chopping it up laughing on the sideline during the Lions game

And thats really profound and funny...why do we waste water on grass when we could be growing fruit trees and vegetables and trading with our neighbors with that water instead?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn being a radio guy now, has some skin in the game beyond his friendship with Rodgers. Doesn't guarantee anything, but if I had to trust an opinion about what Rodgers is thinking, Kuhn would be high on the list.

If he wants to countinue a relationship with Rodgers he wont say anything publicly Rodgers doesnt want him to, thats clearly how this works. It politics and journalism Rodgers certainly has some politician in him haha

If you want to keep getting information from insert source, you had better make sure you only go public with the information they want you to, otherwise you lose your source and someone else thats willing to play ball, gets that information

Im pretty sure hes plenty smart enough to realize a big reason hes got that radio job is becas of his relationship with Aaron Rodgers...same goes for james jones, aj hawk and randall cobb if he chooses to go that route

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AR stays at this point. I think it means also that Adams is back. Not sure how Gute makes that work, but I believe it will get done.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you think if JK said something Rodgers didnt want him to publicly that Rodgers would continue talking to Kuhn openly? Or at all?

I dont think so, not a guy who cut off his own family...

Its clear to me that Kuhn is a mouthpiece for Rodgers and he put that out becas Rodgers wanted him to

You apparently didnt see Rodgers and Kuhn chopping it up laughing on the sideline during the Lions game

And thats really profound and funny...why do we waste water on grass when we could be growing fruit trees and vegetables and trading with our neighbors with that water instead?
First of all what did JK say? He said I think AR and John Gutekunst have developed a friendship and I don't see a situation where AR does not come back. Its not profound, its not earth shattering news, its his opinion. Now if he had said AR told me he is coming back I'd get excited. If he had said that and AR did not give him approval to say that then yes I could see AR cutting him off but he didn't, he stated his opinion. I don't think Aaron Rodgers told John Kuhn that he was planning to return and it was OK if he (JK) said so. I think that in the course of their friendship JK has gotten the impression that it is likely AR will be back and that is what he said. I don't think AR is speaking through JK and I don't think AR would hold it against someone who gave their opinion. JK did not give us any information he gave us his opinion. If AR is going to be pissed over that its his fault because its his actions that lead Kuhn to form that opinion.

So you think AR is coming back because JK said he thought he would be back? First of all its not all up to Rodgers. I think the Packers might have something to say about it. I do think that's a small point since I think they really want him back but they have to work it out and as far as I know nothing has been discussed.

For the record I do think he will be back and I felt he would be back long before John Kuhn said anything about it. Kuhn's comments have not made me change my overall opinion but they do make me feel better about it.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think AR stays at this point. I think it means also that Adams is back. Not sure how Gute makes that work, but I believe it will get done.
As Captain pointed out in another post the Packers can gain 30 million in cap space next year by extending Rodgers and Alexander which I think will be done. Adams will get a huge contract but a small base salary in 2022 and probably even 2023 will help make his cap number more manageable than what the average salary will suggest.

I think the biggest challenges will be finding ways to keep guys like Douglas and Campbell. Not so much because they can't afford to fit them in but because someone else might offer them a lot more than the Packers feel they are worth.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His opinion may be more valid than some due to his friendship with AR but I still think it is just that, his opinion. I don't think he has any inside information from AR himself.

I don't think AR needs to give his blessing for JK to express his opinion. Its not like he presented it as breaking news.

Its certainly better than him saying his gut is telling him Rodgers is gone after this year but I'm not going to ring any bells over it.

I don't know if that is really funny or really profound.
It was meant to be humorously profound :)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Captain pointed out in another post the Packers can gain 30 million in cap space next year by extending Rodgers and Alexander which I think will be done. Adams will get a huge contract but a small base salary in 2022 and probably even 2023 will help make his cap number more manageable than what the average salary will suggest.

I think the biggest challenges will be finding ways to keep guys like Douglas and Campbell. Not so much because they can't afford to fit them in but because someone else might offer them a lot more than the Packers feel they are worth.
Some good, and interesting perspectives here. It's like that old adage; "There's always room for Jell-o."

Whatever the hell that means! ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Kuhn's comments have not really made me change my overall opinion but it does make me feel better about it.
Which is why I posted JK's comments ;)

Had Cowturd or Trick Dickless said the same thing, I wouldn't have paid attention.

This was a good read.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think if you are interested in getting a feel for where Rodgers is at, tune into the Pat McCafferty show. I think A-Rod really is himself on that show and both Pat and AJ have a pretty good sense of where the guys head is at and Rodgers trusts those 2 not to attack him on the show. I am glad I have been watching the segments, it has give me a different perspective on Rodgers for sure.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm just glad that rodgers has been regruntled.
I also think hes regruntled, but could a bad playoff loss gruntle him again? Like say, what if Tom Brady and the Bucs beat them at Lambeau again? I wonder how much last year's loss in the NFCCG contributed to him being gruntled in the first place.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why pay AR & Adams $70mil/year to stay in GB when we can't win with them. Save the cap space & rebuild.
Take the multiple high and mid-level draft picks from whomever pays the highest price, and rebuild. Maybe by the time we have a solid team again, we'll have a coach who knows how to coach them.

I'm done. I'm ready to move on. I've loved watching him play, but he can't win in the postseason. He's a stat *****, not a leader who can carry a team in the playoffs. Let him be someone else's January headache.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why pay AR & Adams $70mil/year to stay in GB when we can't win with them. Save the cap space & rebuild.
Hate to say it, but it's true. I don't see the team getting any better in the next few years, not with the cap space being so tight. I would keep Rodgers and let him retire a Packer. But you're right, we're not going to get any better. Our best chance was last year, IMO, but we weren't good enough. Two straight #1 seeds and we crapped them both away.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Take the multiple high and mid-level draft picks from whomever pays the highest price, and rebuild. Maybe by the time we have a solid team again, we'll have a coach who knows how to coach them.

I'm done. I'm ready to move on. I've loved watching him play, but he can't win in the postseason. He's a stat *****, not a leader who can carry a team in the playoffs. Let him be someone else's January headache.
Get rid of the "January headache" for a September, October, November, December headache.

Loving the rationale!

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but it's true. I don't see the team getting any better in the next few years, not with the cap space being so tight. I would keep Rodgers and let him retire a Packer. But you're right, we're not going to get any better. Our best chance was last year, IMO, but we weren't good enough. Two straight #1 seeds and we crapped them both away.
He won't retire, though. Not while he can still play. He'll play out his last year and go to free agency, and we'll get nothing in return except for one more 13-4 season that ends with a single playoff game, after which we begin to rebuild around... Jordan Love.

Or, we trade him now, get multiple high picks, and use those picks and the cap space to start to rebuild a team now. This season.

Those are our options.

But actually, it may not even be the team's choice. After this game, he may very well decide he's played his last game for this inept organization. He can very easily force the team to trade him, and I think we all know he's stubborn enough to do it. If he wants out, work with him to get the best deal we can, and move on. I think that may be our best move.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no way you can do into next year with him as a lame duck QB. Either he needs to be resigned to a longer deal and that cap number reduced or he needs to be traded. This team has a horrible cap situation and they can't just plod into next year cutting a ton of players to make Rodgers cap # fit.

Every Packers season feels like the Game of Thrones series. It's all great and then you hit the last season (January) and at the end you are like, WTF did I just watch? That was a horrible ending. Yet, as a bonus, its all wrapped up in Groundhog Day because we are seeing it over and over and over...

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Denver has $41.6mil cap space in '22. They also have multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks so won't be crippled by losing a few picks. They've already got under contract: Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, TE Fant, and RB Javonte Williams. Offensive weapons in place, just need a QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Denver has $41.6mil cap space in '22. They also have multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks so won't be crippled by losing a few picks. They've already got under contract: Sutton, Patrick, Jeudy, TE Fant, and RB Javonte Williams. Offensive weapons in place, just need a QB.
I think there are a few logical landing spots for Rodgers, where we get the max amount for him, Denver is definitely one of them. I'm also not that concerned if it was an NFC team, outside the North.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I usually root for players who leave here, but I think I would be a little irritated if Rodgers delivered a Super Bowl win for another team at this point, after the last 10 years. I hate to admit it, but there's a little bit of bitterness creeping in.

Members online

Latest posts