Rodgers "Have faith in the organization"

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but what the hell are we paying him so much money for ?. Are we so scared if he went somewhere else he`d set the world alight and rip us a new ***** or something ? Sorry Capt, nothing personal against you but I`m tired of the apologists for his failings. It`s never just him.
These same players who always let him down are strangely good enough t win the division every year but then suddenly are crap in the playoffs ?
And it isn't. Nobody is saying he is blameless but back in 2021 against Tampa Brady played like garbage with 3 INTs but his defense and ST played great and he won in spite of himself.

Reaction score
In my opinion Rodgers is good enough to make up for the shortcomings on the roster in the regular season but can't once facing better opponents in the playoffs.

That's not on him and in addition I highly doubt any other quarterback would be able to.

Just take a look at Brady, he never won a Super Bowl with a scoring defense ranked outside the top 8. Rodgers only had the benefit of such a unit twice in his career and the last time was back in 2010.

Yet some of you want to make us believe that's solely his fault.
I know I’m more sentimental and that comes from my Faith training. Yet my belief is that we are purposefully put in positions of struggles (Rodgers included) to break our prideful behaviors. Some call it Fate. Some call it Destiny, I call it a test from above.
As Rodgers has gotten older, I’ve noticed he has matured. He realizes more today that the players around him are the ultimate key to success. He’s the absolutely the professional Driver, but without the necessary Component of Horsepower, Suspension and proper Braking system? The Driver is going to either crash, the car breaks down or just underperforms against the competition.
Rodgers is excellent, but not enough to overcome a 13th Rated Defense and 30th ranked Special Teams unit or whatever. He does not need remarkable Defenses, but get them both firing at a top 8 level area help. Yes, he lost to SF, but 2 of 3 times he’s going to win those close ones IF his other units are both firing. We blew a piston there on ST and came around the final lap with oil burning and leaving a trail of smoke. Nobody feels sorry for the guy trailing smoke down the Highway.. we are more likely to curse him as we drive by.

Shelby didn’t give up or get intimidated by Ferrari. He used those failures and those personal slights he took as inspiration to rebuild better and turned it into a positive.
It’s my opinion Aaron Rodgers HAS bought in this season. His entire demeanor is different. He’s growing in his failures and I commend him for that, even if when the masses are down on him. Just about the time we doubt him? He performs. That’s been a consistent calling card of #12

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, Rodgers didn't play a great game against SF but if we didn't have the worst ST in league history I feel we win that game 10-6.

Actually the Packers should have been up 13-3 before the Niners last drive if the special teams had performed at an average level. That should have definitely been good enough to win the game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because people tend not to blame the offense, they blame Rodgers and I think a lot of the blame is short sighted. First Seattle had one of the all time leagues greatest defenses that year. Outside of a poor pass that was picked to Cobb, I can't think of anything Rodgers did that game that cost them. All things considered he played pretty well IMO in Seattle.

They could have scored more 7's instead of 3's that much is certain, but they did get stuffed on some running plays. I remember Jordy stumbling out of a break on the goal line and what normally would have been a great pass, went right off his finger tips. I'm not blaming anybody in that situation, it happens.

GB hasn't been good at winning tight low scoring games in recent history. yeah, you could argue that we just needed to score more points, but sometimes you have to win the other way too and it seems that in big games unless Rodgers can lead them to a bunch of TD's we don't.

Heck Brady won a super bowl only scoring 13 pts. ANother super bowl he only scored 14 and lost.
Many great QB's have won and lost close low scoring games in the playoffs, they happen, it just happens that GB rarely wins those.

IN both seattle and last year, as well as the D played, they disappeared as well when it mattered most. Brady's defense didn't disappear when he only led them to 13 points in a super bowl.
Rodgers didn't really play poorly in either of those games. he didn't have a great game, but when you account for all the variables, it was far from poor. blame, sure, some. but it's way, way down the list.

P. Manning won a game 15-6 in the playoffs on his way to a super bowl victory. His barely 50% with a couple picks.

Kurt Warner, another HOF'er won a game practically in single digits against the bucs one time in a championship game to get to the super bowl that they then won too.

Yeah, Rodgers didn't play exceptionally well against seattle or the 9ers last year, but plenty of the other greats did much worse, and still won and got to super bowls and won.
Why doesn't GB unless Rodgers is great?
Unfortunately rationality doesn’t work when the audience has an agenda.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ll take the critisism I have an agenda then ;). I expect some value for the big pay packet.

Reaction score
I`ll take the critisism I have an agenda then ;). I expect some value for the big pay packet.
It’s ok to be somewhat critical if we lose a contest we should’ve won. We were at home and clear favorites. Yet we should be critical of that group performance (or non performance). If this sends me to the shed again? So be it! I’m a big boy I can handle the bucket treatment! :coffee::cry:

I’ve just got this sneaking suspicion that we will see the Defense and ST step it up this season. What’s kind of intriguing is this year all eyes are on this passing game. I think everyone knows deep down that the OL should improve at least slightly with all these resources, which indirectly improves our running game.

My early prediction is that the passing attack will define this season. If we get anywhere close to last season statistically? We’re going to be dangerously good. Might lose a few early to playoff caliber teams, but that won’t prevent us from locking our division up and going into the playoffs stout in nature.

However Rodgers rarely gets the benefit of a Stalwart type Defense. He gets excited because he knows it’s not all on him. He will destroy you if you don’t pressure him by scoring lots of points. This year reminds me of the 2009 season Defensively and it’s really a “no weakness” D on paper.
ILB: Hawk, Barnette
vs.
Campbell, Walker
OLB: CM3, Kampman
Vs
Preston and Rashan
DL: Jolly, Pickett, Jenkins
Vs.
Wyatt, Reed, Clark,
Backside: Al Harris, Woodson, Bigby, Collins
Vs.
Stokes, Jaire, Savage, Amos

Rodgers/MLF need to do their part and whip all these moving parts on Offense into playoff form quickly, because they looked discombobulated at times last season. Redzone, no TE threat whatsoever… etc.. etc..
This will be a true test for MLF

Last edited:
I

It’s ok to be somewhat critical if we lose a contest we should’ve won. We were at home and clear favorites. Yet we should be critical of that group performance (or non performance). If this sends me to the shed again? So be it! I’m a big boy I can handle the bucket treatment! :coffee::cry:
I`m a big boy too mate. That was merely my opinion, and I respect everybodys right to have one, even if it`s different. That`s called discussion ;). I just get a little tired at times when "Some" won`t have a bad word said about him, even when he guilty of failing like the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I’ve just got this sneaking suspicion that we will see the Defense and ST step it up this season. What’s kind of intriguing is this year all eyes are on this passing game. I think everyone knows deep down that the OL should improve at least slightly with all these resources, which indirectly improves our running game.

My early prediction is that the passing attack will define this season. If we get anywhere close to last season statistically? We’re going to be dangerously good. Might lose a few early to playoff caliber teams, but that won’t prevent us from locking our division up and going into the playoffs stout in nature.

However Rodgers rarely gets the benefit of a Stalwart type Defense. He gets excited because he knows it’s not all on him. He will destroy you if you don’t pressure him by scoring lots of points. This year reminds me of the 2009 season Defensively and it’s really a “no weakness” D on paper.
ILB: Hawk, Barnette
vs.
Campbell, Walker
OLB: CM3, Kampman
Vs
Preston and Rashan
DL: Jolly, Pickett, Jenkins
Vs.
Wyatt, Reed, Clark,
Backside: Al Harris, Woodson, Bigby, Collins
Vs.
Stokes, Jaire, Savage, Amos

Rodgers/MLF need to do their part and whip all these moving parts on Offense into playoff form quickly, because they looked discombobulated at times last season. Redzone, no TE threat whatsoever… etc.. etc..
This will be a true test for MLF
I think Raji was on the DL. I don't remember Jolly being a starter in 2009

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And why couldnt that one guy be rodgers?

We hear about king, Bostick, Jones fumble. Etc....

Yet when someone posts rodgers should have thrown a little diff..

ooo my God!

Its inconcievable

Point is..its same ole dn story. Move on already.

Posters A always will find other parts to blame and never rodgers.

B will blame Rodgers and others

C will blame coaches

And it is the same ever effing game.

We wont change anyone mind. So why keep bringing up the failed playoffs.

Tiring

Off my soap box

Because Rodgers doesn't play defense. It's pretty simple really. See, the defense gives up a TON of points (not because Rodgers turns the ball over) and Rodgers can usually also lead the offense to a lot of points but you can't rely on ANY player to be elite EVERY game. Seriously, it's super simple. Rodgers. Does. Not. Play. Defense.

Please, stay on the soap box of "the quarterback should lead the defense to only giving up 17 points", it sounds exciting! Like believing the universe revolves the Earth!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Because Rodgers doesn't play defense. It's pretty simple really. See, the defense gives up a TON of points (not because Rodgers turns the ball over) and Rodgers can usually also lead the offense to a lot of points but you can't rely on ANY player to be elite EVERY game. Seriously, it's super simple. Rodgers. Does. Not. Play. Defense.

Please, stay on the soap box of "the quarterback should lead the defense to only giving up 17 points", it sounds exciting! Like believing the universe revolves the Earth!
Omg

Another rodgers didnt have a reason for a loss always some other reason

St sucked eggs..Def gave up 7 yards to Debo at end

Offense only got 7.

All had a part for the loss.

Jfc

Im done

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Omg

Another rodgers didnt have a reason for a loss always some other reason

St sucked eggs..Def gave up 7 yards to Debo at end

Offense only got 7.

All had a part for the loss.

Jfc

Im done
Hey, look at that, you have your example to generalize across everything! It happened one time so now i can say it’s relevant EVERY time! I, literally, never said Rodgers was perfect. I simply pointed out that he doesn’t play defense and i can’t think of many quarterbacks who consistently win playoff games where the opponents score 25+ all the time.

The internet has killed nuance and reason.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The mark of a truly well reasoned discussion; zero rebuttal so instead I’ll ignore it.
Ive debated you numerous times and its always the same.

You give a Sarcastic reply and Rodgers isnt to blame.

So again.. Im done

Not because you broke me, but because its an end less circle with you. So instead of chasing the circle, im ending it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just get a little tired at times when "Some" won`t have a bad word said about him, even when he guilty of failing like the others.

I don't think there's any poster around here who doesn't understand Rodgers is partly to blame for the team's playoff woes over the past 11 years. But most of us have the ability to figure out he's by far not the main reason for it.

I think Raji was on the DL. I don't remember Jolly being a starter in 2009

Jolly started every single game in 2009 while Raji had only one.

I

I don't think there's any poster around here who doesn't understand Rodgers is partly to blame for the team's playoff woes over the past 11 years. But most of us have the ability to figure out he's by far not the main reason for it.
Are you saying I have no idea ? I have an opinion, similar to yours used be about Crosby, and I am entitled to have it. And by the way, I have NEVER said he was the whole reason for our shortcomings...EVER.

D

Deleted member 6794

Are you saying I have no idea ? I have an opinion, similar to yours used be about Crosby, and I am entitled to have it. And by the way, I have NEVER said he was the whole reason for our shortcomings...EVER.

As I have mentioned over and over again, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you believe Rodgers is the main reason the Packers haven't won a Super Bowl over the past 11 years I consider that to be objectively wrong though.

As a side note, you never mentioned that anyone else aside of Rodgers is to blame for the Packers coming up short since 2010 either.

I

As I have mentioned over and over again, of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you believe Rodgers is the main reason the Packers haven't won a Super Bowl over the past 11 years I consider that to be objectively wrong though.

As a side note, you never mentioned that anyone else aside of Rodgers is to blame for the Packers coming up short since 2010 either.
I am tired of people giving him a free pass all the time. Yes if the team falls short then players should be held accountable. It`s a team game.

Also as a side note ;), I find it ridiculous that he makes a statement "Trust the organisation", especially after his pouting last year over draft choices.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am tired of people giving him a free pass all the time. Yes if the team falls short then players should be held accountable. It`s a team game.

Once again, nobody is giving Rodgers a free pass. But if you would be able to take an objective look at the reasons why the Packers haven't won a Super Bowl over the past 11 seasons he would be pretty low on that list.

Also as a side note ;), I find it ridiculous that he makes a statement "Trust the organisation", especially after his pouting last year over draft choices.

I guess Rodgers could save a drowning baby out of the Fox River and you would hate him for being an attention whore.

I

Once again, nobody is giving Rodgers a free pass. But if you would be able to take an objective look at the reasons why the Packers haven't won a Super Bowl over the past 11 seasons he would be pretty low on that list.

I guess Rodgers could save a drowning baby out of the Fox River and you would hate him for being an attention whore.
I dont think he`d want to get his hair wet.....pmsl

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pouting over draft choices is one of the narratives the media harped on for months and one I don't believe. too much else about what they said never made sense. I mean, yeah it was believable he was upset we needed offensive help especially WR and took a QB instead, but everything else the media went on and on about didn't really make sense to me.

When Rodgers finally told his side of the story with what few things the FO had said during the offseason I felt it was very genuine and honest and straightforward. IT made sense, and yeah, this year they still didn't take a round 1 WR and was he upset?

It's another example of why I do feel this was all about communication. Not wanting to be involved in the draft or what players come or go or any of that, just to be heard, which I think he's earned and then some. and employer doesn't need to do everything an employee wants, but if they can't even show them the courtesy of a phone call or a meeting, I'd say it's time for change. Things changed and I think they're all on pretty good ground.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Jolly started every single game in 2009 while Raji had only one.
What were their respective snap counts?
When did Jolly's demise begin?

D

Deleted member 6794

What were their respective snap counts?
When did Jolly's demise begin?

Actually, Jolly (835) led the Packers' defensive line in snaps in 2009. Raji (385) played significantly less in his rookie season.

Jolly missed the next three seasons because of violating the league's substance abuse policy though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the playoff losses but he's definitely not the main reason the Packers haven't been able to win another Super Bowl.

Actually he's probably the biggest one the team has been a contender for most of his tenure.

You need to realize that the competition is far inferior in the division than it is in the playoffs.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

While I have been pretty critical of Rodgers in the last year, my criticism has been about his off the field behavior, not his on the field behavior. While I think his off the field stuff can effect his team in both a negative and positive way, his on the field stuff is why the Packers have been so good over the years. Remove Rodgers and this is a .500 team at best in the last 14 or so years.

Rodgers himself admits most of his on the field mistakes, I don't think he is afraid to do that. I also think some have gotten really "good" at trying to find flaws in his game and when they think they do (Lazard open against SF?), it is their way of saying "aha...see, this is why Rodgers sucks and he cost us yet another SB."

Yes, he deserves some of the blame in certain losses, but he also deserves a lot of the credit in many of the wins. While sometimes he looks like Superman on the field, he is a human, that makes mistakes, just like you and I. I hope his off the field stuff is over and we have another 2-4 years of watching one of the best QB's to play the game, take the Packers on some more runs towards a SB.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts