Rodgers "Have faith in the organization"

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same ole arguments.

He has solid wr unit until 2018?

He had a solid Def few times...but then people find fault with ST..

aka Seattle.
4 int the Def got and off got only 7 points? Or 10? Or 6.. But doesnt matter that Def plyed lights out and offense failed.. But then people only blame ST and Def for end of game failure.

This is when you say Rodgers had bad knee? Well prior game vs dallas? He seemed to play well

Dallas 125 rating same bad knee
Seattle 55 same bad knee

Its never ever Rodgers fault is the point...the main common denominator is rodgers has been qb since 2010 for the playoffs.

People can not find it in their heart to say Rodgers didnt perform well

Sure lot of reasons why losses..but start admitting rodgers could have played better.

Last year defense was a stud..offense was a dud.

You cant say Rodgers won a game and then never say he had a hand in a loss.

Arguments are so old and tired.

SsDd
because people tend not to blame the offense, they blame Rodgers and I think a lot of the blame is short sighted. First Seattle had one of the all time leagues greatest defenses that year. Outside of a poor pass that was picked to Cobb, I can't think of anything Rodgers did that game that cost them. All things considered he played pretty well IMO in Seattle.

They could have scored more 7's instead of 3's that much is certain, but they did get stuffed on some running plays. I remember Jordy stumbling out of a break on the goal line and what normally would have been a great pass, went right off his finger tips. I'm not blaming anybody in that situation, it happens.

GB hasn't been good at winning tight low scoring games in recent history. yeah, you could argue that we just needed to score more points, but sometimes you have to win the other way too and it seems that in big games unless Rodgers can lead them to a bunch of TD's we don't.

Heck Brady won a super bowl only scoring 13 pts. ANother super bowl he only scored 14 and lost.
Many great QB's have won and lost close low scoring games in the playoffs, they happen, it just happens that GB rarely wins those.

IN both seattle and last year, as well as the D played, they disappeared as well when it mattered most. Brady's defense didn't disappear when he only led them to 13 points in a super bowl.
Rodgers didn't really play poorly in either of those games. he didn't have a great game, but when you account for all the variables, it was far from poor. blame, sure, some. but it's way, way down the list.

P. Manning won a game 15-6 in the playoffs on his way to a super bowl victory. His barely 50% with a couple picks.

Kurt Warner, another HOF'er won a game practically in single digits against the bucs one time in a championship game to get to the super bowl that they then won too.

Yeah, Rodgers didn't play exceptionally well against seattle or the 9ers last year, but plenty of the other greats did much worse, and still won and got to super bowls and won.
Why doesn't GB unless Rodgers is great?

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because people tend not to blame the offense, they blame Rodgers and I think a lot of the blame is short sighted. First Seattle had one of the all time leagues greatest defenses that year. Outside of a poor pass that was picked to Cobb, I can't think of anything Rodgers did that game that cost them. All things considered he played pretty well IMO in Seattle.

They could have scored more 7's instead of 3's that much is certain, but they did get stuffed on some running plays. I remember Jordy stumbling out of a break on the goal line and what normally would have been a great pass, went right off his finger tips. I'm not blaming anybody in that situation, it happens.

GB hasn't been good at winning tight low scoring games in recent history. yeah, you could argue that we just needed to score more points, but sometimes you have to win the other way too and it seems that in big games unless Rodgers can lead them to a bunch of TD's we don't.

Heck Brady won a super bowl only scoring 13 pts. ANother super bowl he only scored 14 and lost.
Many great QB's have won and lost close low scoring games in the playoffs, they happen, it just happens that GB rarely wins those.

IN both seattle and last year, as well as the D played, they disappeared as well when it mattered most. Brady's defense didn't disappear when he only led them to 13 points in a super bowl.
Rodgers didn't really play poorly in either of those games. he didn't have a great game, but when you account for all the variables, it was far from poor. blame, sure, some. but it's way, way down the list.

P. Manning won a game 15-6 in the playoffs on his way to a super bowl victory. His barely 50% with a couple picks.

Kurt Warner, another HOF'er won a game practically in single digits against the bucs one time in a championship game to get to the super bowl that they then won too.

Yeah, Rodgers didn't play exceptionally well against seattle or the 9ers last year, but plenty of the other greats did much worse, and still won and got to super bowls and won.
Why doesn't GB unless Rodgers is great?

Because Rodgers has played with worse defenses than most of those other teams (people ignore that Brady has only ever won a Super Bowl when playing with a top-7 defense) and, last season, played with probably the worst special teams unit in NFL history.

It's much easier, and lazier, to just decide it's one guys' fault because then people can ignore the other changes that need to be made. My personal favorite are the people that proclaim Rodgers' low interception totals actually hurt the team because he doesn't take enough risks; implying that if Rodgers only threw 11 interceptions instead of 3 then he'd also throw for 72 TDs instead of 42. The defense should be improved this season (with good health) and I don't really see how the special teams could be anything BUT improved. The offense is going to take a rather large step backwards (at least to start the season) but I'm hopeful that some of the rookie receivers catch on and become actual threats by the second half of the year.

Reaction score
Over the course of time that Aaron has been under Center, GB has had awful Defenses and ST since 2010. Much worse than Brady supporting cast as a comparison.

The QB gets all the accolades and all the blame because they do kinda represent the team. Reality is it takes 53 guys to Win consistently. If each player made 1 more game changing play (sack, fumble, TFL, TD, INT, FG, Big PR, pancake block, etc.. ) it would have a profound effect on outcome of each contest.

Aaron has had a few games where he could’ve finished better. But reality is more of the blame could be out on the other 52 players.

If you can’t win playing at MVP levels 2 years running I think it’s time for other guys to step it up, instead of stink it up

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Over the course of time that Aaron has been under Center, GB has had awful Defenses and ST since 2010. Much worse than Brady supporting cast as a comparison.

The QB gets all the accolades and all the blame because they do kinda represent the team. Reality is it takes 53 guys to Win consistently. If each player made 1 more game changing play (sack, fumble, TFL, TD, INT, FG, Big PR, pancake block, etc.. ) it would have a profound effect on outcome of each contest.
And why couldnt that one guy be rodgers?

We hear about king, Bostick, Jones fumble. Etc....

Yet when someone posts rodgers should have thrown a little diff..

ooo my God!

Its inconcievable

Point is..its same ole dn story. Move on already.

Posters A always will find other parts to blame and never rodgers.

B will blame Rodgers and others

C will blame coaches

And it is the same ever effing game.

We wont change anyone mind. So why keep bringing up the failed playoffs.

Tiring

Off my soap box

D

Deleted member 6794

Great QBs step up big in big games. Rodgers has great stats and does great things during the regular season. In the playoffs he becomes JAG. Times running out for him.

Rodgers has a passer rating of nearly 10 points better than Brady in the postseason yet for some reason there's the myth Brady steps up in big games.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason is wins. Further proof that football is a team sport and QBs get too much credit and take too much of the blame.

That and since its only 10points less I am assuming it is still pretty damn good. Good enough in fact.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The reason is wins. Further proof that football is a team sport and QBs get too much credit and take too much of the blame.

That and since its only 10points less I am assuming it is still pretty damn good. Good enough in fact.

I agree with you, it`s a team game yet the QB gets all the plaudits and MVP status. I just get fed up with the circus. Like the story of the Emporers new clothes, anybody saying different is vilified. I honestly don`t think he`s got what it takes to win another SB. JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

The point is that Brady has hugely benefitted from his supporting cast while Rodgers hasn't been surrounded with a good enough one to win when he doesn't perform at an elite level.

I

The point is that Brady has hugely benefitted from his supporting cast while Rodgers hasn't been surrounded with a good enough one to win when he doesn't perform at an elite level.
Sorry but what the hell are we paying him so much money for ?. Are we so scared if he went somewhere else he`d set the world alight and rip us a new ***** or something ? Sorry Capt, nothing personal against you but I`m tired of the apologists for his failings. It`s never just him.
These same players who always let him down are strangely good enough t win the division every year but then suddenly are crap in the playoffs ?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Sorry but what the hell are we paying him so much money for ?. Are we so scared if he went somewhere else he`d set the world alight and rip us a new ***** or something ? Sorry Capt, nothing personal against you but I`m tired of the apologists for his failings. It`s never just him.
These same players who always let him down are strangely good enough t win the division every year but then suddenly are crap in the playoffs ?

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the playoff losses but he's definitely not the main reason the Packers haven't been able to win another Super Bowl.

Actually he's probably the biggest one the team has been a contender for most of his tenure.

You need to realize that the competition is far inferior in the division than it is in the playoffs.

I

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers deserves part of the blame for the playoff losses but he's definitely not the main reason the Packers haven't been able to win another Super Bowl.

Actually he's probably the biggest one the team has been a contender for most of his tenure.

You need to realize that the competition is far inferior in the division than it is in the playoffs.
But in a way that`s MY point, he`s good enough to beat the teams in our division, but when it comes to the better teams in the playoffs, even the great AR#12 isn`t up to the hype. He`s good but not good enough yet he`s paid a ridiculous amount of money.

D

Deleted member 6794

But in a way that`s MY point, he`s good enough to beat the teams in our division, but when it comes to the better teams in the playoffs, even the great AR#12 isn`t up to the hype. He`s good but not good enough yet he`s paid a ridiculous amount of money.

In my opinion Rodgers is good enough to make up for the shortcomings on the roster in the regular season but can't once facing better opponents in the playoffs.

That's not on him and in addition I highly doubt any other quarterback would be able to.

Just take a look at Brady, he never won a Super Bowl with a scoring defense ranked outside the top 8. Rodgers only had the benefit of such a unit twice in his career and the last time was back in 2010.

Yet some of you want to make us believe that's solely his fault.

I

In my opinion Rodgers is good enough to make up for the shortcomings on the roster in the regular season but can't once facing better opponents in the playoffs.

That's not on him and in addition I highly doubt any other quarterback would be able to.

Just take a look at Brady, he never won a Super Bowl with a scoring defense ranked outside the top 8. Rodgers only had the benefit of such a unit twice in his career and the last time was back in 2010.

Yet some of you want to make us believe that's solely his fault.
And others would have us believe it was purely Rodgers that won us the superbowl when we all know if Williams hadn`t made that DEFENSIVE interception in the 4th quarter, Pittsburgh could easily have won that game. As a mutual friend of ours says "opinions are like ********, everybody has one". I respect yours but I have to disagree with it. :tup:

D

Deleted member 6794

And others would have us believe it was purely Rodgers that won us the superbowl when we all know if Williams hadn`t made that DEFENSIVE interception in the 4th quarter, Pittsburgh could easily have won that game.

You're actually making my point my mentioning Williams forcing an incompletion (he didn't intercept the ball) that even a quarterback performing at an elite level needs other players to make plays to win a Super Bowl.

The Packers and Rodgers had that in 2010 but unfortunately have lacked it ever since.

I

You're actually making my point my mentioning Williams forcing an incompletion (he didn't intercept the ball) that even a quarterback performing at an elite level needs other players to make plays to win a Super Bowl.

The Packers and Rodgers had that in 2010 but unfortunately have lacked it ever since.
Well I guess we`re always going to disagree on this one :tup:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardly play div teams in playoffs. They have tho and I think they always beat them. Bears..yeah.. Detroit 2 times? Vikings at least once.

Last year They beat the Niners in SF but couldnt beat at home..sometimes they have lost to teams they beat in reg season.

I

I`ll even go as so far as to say if he ever delivers I will change my signature, eat crow, and publically make an apology.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the Pack have $hat the bed in the playoffs over the last 20+ years with Rodgers and Favre at the helm mostly because our defenses aren't up to snuff. Not good enough to flip the field and put our team in good field position. Rodgers, and any QB really, will need a defense to make plays and shut down stars in the playoffs. Special teams were obviously a big reason last year. Hopefully, the defense comes in this year as advertised and our special teams are near the top of the league. I'm excited about this season, maybe more so than last year.

Reaction score
I agree with you, it`s a team game yet the QB gets all the plaudits and MVP status. I just get fed up with the circus. Like the story of the Emporers new clothes, anybody saying different is vilified. I honestly don`t think he`s got what it takes to win another SB. JMHO
I think Rodgers can Lead us to a SB with a slightly better Defense (call it top 8) and an above average ST unit. He definitely deserves some of the blame, but let’s be honest here, even guys like Rodgers or Brady can have several poor performances each season. It only takes 1 to lose.

The 49ers didn’t win that Divisional because of Jimmy G. They won because their D stepped up and their ST blocked our FG (3) and blocked and returned a Punt for a TD (7)
That 10 points sealed our fate. Rodgers didn't have a good performance, but under those weather conditions? Neither team really overcame the obstacle of 9 degrees and a breezy game.

Let’s face it. That’s not weather that the majority of contenders are going to put up lots of yards and points. Those are the games that are largely decided by who has the best team overall (most balanced).
The 2021 Packers ST shackled us and drug us off a steep cliff. That ST unit can be a death trap or like the 1996 season? Be the unit that inspires a Win

D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully, the defense comes in this year as advertised and our special teams are near the top of the league.

I don't believe the Packers need top special team units to win another Super Bowl but just them not being responsible for a 10 point swing in a playoff game.

I

He's easily a top 3 QB in the entire league, why would he not have what it takes to win another super bowl?
I`m not doubting he`s in the top echelons Mondio, but I don`t think he`s the top one. sorry.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m not doubting he`s in the top echelons Mondio, but I don`t think he`s the top one. sorry.
I could make arguments for any 3 and then include some younger ones on why they are but don’t have the longevity yet. There are qbs that can run an offense and their are a handful that can elevate them. Rodgers is clearly the latter along with a few others

But if you’re in the conversation as one of the current leagues best and one of the top 5 or 10 even all time in the league I think you’re certainly good enough to win a super bowl.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This. All day long.

The QB gets all the glory and all the blame when the team loses. Yes, Rodgers didn't play a great game against SF but if we didn't have the worst ST in league history I feel we win that game 10-6.

Members online

Latest posts