Rodgers "Have faith in the organization"

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To the surprise of many, Rodgers was fine with it. Not only did he approve of the picks, unlike with Love, he was aware of what the Packers -- who continued their streak of not drafting a first-round receiver since 2002 -- had planned for draft night.

and when the linebacker was there in the 20s and all six of those receivers, I believe it was six who they had first round grades on, were gone, I think it was pretty obvious that they wanted to sure up those two spots in their mind ... I'm sure Packer nation will be wondering why we didn't take a receiver or trade up or whatnot, but at this point you just gotta have some faith in the organization."

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares what he thinks?! GM12 got his market-setting deal. now they have to deal with the consequences. i'm more than fine with those picks. today they need to get an OT, WR, maybe a S or CB or TE. they lost 3 starters from last years team and a lot of depth. they've got a roster to fill and it needs to be with cheap rookies.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There have been a lot of receivers in Green Bay over the years, since they drafted Javon Walker in the first round (who wasn't much of anything really) who have been called "weapons" for {fill in the blank - Rodgers/Favre} AFTER they've retired or been traded, but, it's been my opinion that regardless of who the Pack had in receiver roles, they were always panned as "second tier" or "a 2nd or 3rd receiver on any other team" except for Adams AFTER he 'broke out'.

Point is, the guys that everyone called "weapons for Rodgers/Favre" weren't 1st rounders anyway - we'll see what the Pack do with the ensuing picks - will they find a Jennings, Jordy, Driver or Adams as *gasp* a 2nd or 3rd rounder? Yeah, they will and Rodgers will make them stars. Then they'll get their big payday and fade back into mediocrity.

I have not put new batteries in my world famous crystal ball ... I have de-thatching to do ... so, I'll leave my sweeping generalization as presented and continue to focus on the Bucks defense of their NBA Championship.... and, my de-thatching.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
who cares what he thinks?! GM12 got his market-setting deal. now they have to deal with the consequences. i'm more than fine with those picks. today they need to get an OT, WR, maybe a S or CB or TE. they lost 3 starters from last years team and a lot of depth. they've got a roster to fill and it needs to be with cheap rookies.
Apprently you do? And a lot of posters here think he has to be included in on how things go.

You are more than welcome to ignore this thread

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved Rodgers comments. Look for heavy on offense tonight. Wide receiver, offensive line, possibly tight end if McBride falls.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean if you think about it logically and not emotionally, there was nothing wrong with last night’s draft. In fact it was pretty damn good considering how the board played out.

The Pack would have had to give up way too much to draft a receiver that is no guarantee to produce ever let alone this year

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean if you think about it logically and not emotionally, there was nothing wrong with last night’s draft. In fact it was pretty damn good considering how the board played out.

The Pack would have had to give up way too much to draft a receiver that is no guarantee to produce ever let alone this year
I think what's crazy is that, early on, many mocks had the Packers taking Wyatt or Walker, way before the Adams trade. Now, most of those same mocks changed as it got closer but it's kind of neat to see the Pack nab both of those players.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's an interesting situation. GBgary can be right. Many fans don't really care anymore what Rodgers has to say. At the same time, Captain is absolutely right that the Packers organization needs to care what he thinks. They caved to him, paid him the "we-want-you" money, and now must include his thoughts into everything.

I'm just glad that Gute is paid to listen to him so that I don't have to do it!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's an interesting situation. GBgary can be right. Many fans don't really care anymore what Rodgers has to say. At the same time, Captain is absolutely right that the Packers organization needs to care what he thinks. They caved to him, paid him the "we-want-you" money, and now must include his thoughts into everything.

I'm just glad that Gute is paid to listen to him so that I don't have to do it!
He should get some significant stipend for having to do that imo

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He has been or was looking at tape..so I guess packers care?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People pay too much attention to platitudes uttered by athletes/coaches/front office. Rodgers got what he wanted from Green Bay so of course he's going to support the organization. Just like MLF is going to say that all the early draft picks the Packers chose are doing really well in camp and Gute is saying that they the team had a really great draft (I think they did too but no GM ever says their draft sucked and all the players they wanted got sniped before they picked). The only thing to really pay any attention to is the negative stuff because if something is so bad they'll say something negative in public, then it's REALLY bad. Otherwise, the positive stuff needs to happen on the field, not the interview room.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually I don't care about most comments being made in the media by anyone within the Packers organization. As Sunshine correctly pointed out it's mainly hot air.

While Rodgers shouldn't be involved in each and every decision the front office would be stupid not at least getting his input on receivers in my opinion.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I maybe wrong but I think I understand where GBgary is coming from here. Personally I have lost all respect for Rodgers after his attitude last season. It`s well known what I think of him both as a person and as a player so no, I don`t actually care what he thinks, my message to him would be "we have done our part, now just do yours and deliver !", and personally. I don`t think he can.....I wait to be proven wrong.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I don't care about most comments being made in the media by anyone within the Packers organization. As Sunshine correctly pointed out it's mainly hot air.

While Rodgers shouldn't be involved in each and every decision the front office would be stupid not at least getting his input on receivers in my opinion.
I agreed with you, and you are disagreeing with that? Is there no limit to this nonsense?

As for Rodgers and front office decisions, he clearly has a hand on the steering wheel and is lane-assisting Gutekunst's team bus. Rodgers' 2021 off-season temper tantrum was focused both on WR issues and the drafting of a quarterback named Jordan Love that Rodgers was not told about in advance. He wanted to be consulted on personnel moves, not just at WR. Rodgers has opinions about everything and is not afraid to let Pat McAfee, the world, and the Packers organization know what he is thinking about offense, defense, coaching, etc. You bet they are listening and taking action on his "input" (Tom Clements) regarding all aspects of the team. Last year Rodgers won a seat at the table whether we all like it or not. Nobody puts Baby in the corner.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agreed with you, and you are disagreeing with that? Is there no limit to this nonsense?

My intention wasn't to disagree with you at all.

As for Rodgers and front office decisions, he clearly has a hand on the steering wheel and is lane-assisting Gutekunst's team bus. Rodgers' 2021 off-season temper tantrum was focused both on WR issues and the drafting of a quarterback named Jordan Love that Rodgers was not told about in advance. He wanted to be consulted on personnel moves, not just at WR.

I'm fine with the front office consulting Rodgers on personnel moves on the offensive side of the ball. I don't think he should be involved in any other area though.

Reaction score
Especially true after a series of events over years that caused a lot of friction.

There was seemingly an increasing silent hostility towards #12 and it needed to be addressed… and an olive branch offered.

The bringing back Cobb and now
the inclusion of Rodgers in the draft and general open line of communication is a very significant move in the right direction of team building.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Packers and AR seem to have buried the hatchet. Not sure why certain fans can't do the same. Considering they don't have to actually work with the guy.

I just hope the communication line stays open between Gutey and Aaron as that is a majority player of a positive, long-term relationship strategy.
Not everyone sees relationship friction as something to be condemned (although you are correct it’s most often falsely perceived as a weakness) That’s a natural part of how humans interact and gain wisdom. You could easily argue that these guys initial differences that were weak links are now becoming a strength and there is a growing respect for each other. Our relational odds get better as we get older and gain perspective, producing perseverance and discipline and eventually wisdom. Rodgers and Gutey are both more wise than they were 5 years ago.
The actual Word Faith is more recently substituted from the Hebrew word meaning TRUST.

Rodgers is learning to Trust Gutey. Gutey is learning to Trust Rodgers. It takes a minute or two to gain that trust.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People pay too much attention to platitudes uttered by athletes/coaches/front office. Rodgers got what he wanted from Green Bay so of course he's going to support the organization. Just like MLF is going to say that all the early draft picks the Packers chose are doing really well in camp and Gute is saying that they the team had a really great draft (I think they did too but no GM ever says their draft sucked and all the players they wanted got sniped before they picked). The only thing to really pay any attention to is the negative stuff because if something is so bad they'll say something negative in public, then it's REALLY bad. Otherwise, the positive stuff needs to happen on the field, not the interview room.
exactly...when I watch unscripted those two cheerleader clowns make me want to vomit. offering nothing other than the paid obvious nuances and no constructive ideas.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"we have done our part, now just do yours and deliver !"
lol. you and gutey probably believe that. i don't. they have not only let go of rodgers' only proven receiver, they have failed to replace him with anyone who might possibly be a true #1 receiver this year. in what world is that considered "delivering"?

hey we got three rookies who might be good in a couple years and a broken down former first round pick who never actually delivered on his "potential". plus we brought back your former receiver who had a really great year - back in 2014.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

lol. you and gutey probably believe that. i don't. they have not only let go of rodgers' only proven receiver, they have failed to replace him with anyone who might possibly be a true #1 receiver this year. in what world is that considered "delivering"?

hey we got three rookies who might be good in a couple years and a broken down former first round pick who never actually delivered on his "potential". plus we brought back your former receiver who had a really great year - back in 2014.

So when it doesn`t turn out any different from normal, we`ll have others to blame for it as usual ? I guess we`ll just have to agree to disagree on this ? You have faith in him and I don`t sorry.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Same ole arguments.

He has solid wr unit until 2018?

He had a solid Def few times...but then people find fault with ST..

aka Seattle.
4 int the Def got and off got only 7 points? Or 10? Or 6.. But doesnt matter that Def plyed lights out and offense failed.. But then people only blame ST and Def for end of game failure.

This is when you say Rodgers had bad knee? Well prior game vs dallas? He seemed to play well

Dallas 125 rating same bad knee
Seattle 55 same bad knee

Its never ever Rodgers fault is the point...the main common denominator is rodgers has been qb since 2010 for the playoffs.

People can not find it in their heart to say Rodgers didnt perform well

Sure lot of reasons why losses..but start admitting rodgers could have played better.

Last year defense was a stud..offense was a dud.

You cant say Rodgers won a game and then never say he had a hand in a loss.

Arguments are so old and tired.

SsDd

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts