Rodgers did not trade jerseys after the game

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it's a long-time tradition for players to swap jerseys after games and Rodgers has always participated in that. When Goff asked him to swap after this game, he said, "No, I think I'm going to keep this one."

Does he know this was his last game in Green Bay? Seems worthy of speculation. Why else would he say that?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So it's a long-time tradition for players to swap jerseys after games and Rodgers has always participated in that. When Goff asked him to swap after this game, he said, "No, I think I'm going to keep this one."

Does he know this was his last game in Green Bay? Seems worthy of speculation. Why else would he say that?
Thought was Williams

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers addressed this in the post-game interview. It was Williams and he will find another to send him, but some jerseys he wants to keep. He never came out and said because it is the last one, but the sentiment was clear he knows that is a real possibility.

OP
OP
BrokenArrow

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers addressed this in the post-game interview. It was Williams and he will find another to send him, but some jerseys he wants to keep. He never came out and said because it is the last one, but the sentiment was clear he knows that is a real possibility.
Also at the end of his presser he was asked what he would miss most if this was to be his last game. He joked and deflected briefly and then he got serious and said, "The guys and the fans." He then looked like he was about to get emotional and abruptly left the table.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also at the end of his presser he was asked what he would miss most if this was to be his last game. He joked and deflected briefly and then he got serious and said, "The guys and the fans." He then looked like he was about to get emotional and abruptly left the table.

So it was the final question, but yes the second the question about IF this was it what would he miss he did not answer right away, grabbed his water and took a drink...set it down and then proceeded to mention all the writers and reports (many in the room) and what storylines over the years they took or lines they did....(he also earlier spoke to the vets like Big Dawg, Cobby, David and others)...he then looked down for a moment and said "the guys and the fans." Tapped the podium and left.

I'll be honest...I was on the trade Rodgers train last year, felt like the right time...feels like we hung on one year too long BUT it doesn't make it any easier seeing the end possibly here again. Sucks, just does. However, while it is tough for me to now remember the presser last year after the playoff loss...this one felt more somber and there were little word cues throughout the presser that made me think while he won't know for sure until he steps away for a time, I think if FORCED to have decided last night that was his last game at minimum in Green Bay.

I've said it for A LONG time now, 2023 there will only be one or the other on the roster IMO - Love or Rodgers. One of them will not be here, either due to trade (either of them) or due to retirement. UNLIKE past off seasons however, I strongly sense, whatever direction we head I truly think it is going to be civil.

Staff online

Latest posts