Rodgers broken collar bone.. Season ending??

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I can't bear to read through all thirteen pages of posts, so I apologize in advance if this has been stated before.

1. I became physically ill (nauseous) when AR got nailed and didn't get up. Not only for the player, but for the man. Yes, I'm a huge AR homer.

2. I became enraged when my Minnesota "friends" e-mailed me to gloat about crippling AR. They also felt it necessary to claim "the Packers are nothing without AR" (could be true).

3. While I don't dislike BH, I'd be truly amazed if the Packers went .500 for the rest of the season. Still, 9-7 would probably make the playoffs (right?).

4. AB should never have been in the backfield to nail AR in the first place. Hold the man and drag him to the ground if necessary. 15 yards is easier to replace than AR. (I would have kicked AB in the nuts, if necessary.)

5. I'll still watch every Packer game but that deer stand is sure looking a whole lot more appealing now on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I wonder if I still have my old "Walkman" around?

6. What's the consensus? 9-7? 8-8? 4-12? Somebody is going to have to talk me off the ledge.

Shockwave
I said the same thing I will be in my deer stand all hunting season lol

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers have officially placed QB Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve. The earliest he could return from IR is Week 15 against Carolina.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Also:
The Packers are holding out hope that Aaron Rodgers could return for the December 17 game at Carolina, per a source. Might be a long shot, but they're hoping, per Rob Demovsky of ESPN.
This could be just chatter, but if it holds any merit, their optimism of him returning for at least a game or two of the regular season seems quite high.

*fingers crossed*

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I've been posting 8-10 weeks this whole time. Lets go BH!
Just because the bone is healed does not mean the muscle will be at full strength. With his arm down for a couple of weeks he will lose muscle mass. Now, I am not going to pretend to know how much or how fast but just from personal experience, the bone will heal faster than the muscle will come back.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Demovsky said that the Packers are *hoping* for him back by Carolina. That would be pretty amazing, albeit unlikely.

Between now and then they have Saints, Bye, Lions, @Bears, Ravens, @Steelers, Bucs, @Browns.

If (note: IF) AR could come back by CAR, you figure that they'd need to have at least 6-7 total wins to be in the race by that time. That means 2-3 wins in the interim.

Maybe I'm crazy, but unless Hundley is just a total **** show I have a hard see how they come out of the above stretch with less than 2 wins to show for it.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Just because the bone is healed does not mean the muscle will be at full strength. With his arm down for a couple of weeks he will lose muscle mass. Now, I am not going to pretend to know how much or how fast but just from personal experience, the bone will heal faster than the muscle will come back.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

H

HardRightEdge

But the question remains:

Should “Kill the quarterback and you win” be a legitimate game strategy?
You can sanitize the game all you want, add all of the rules you can think of, even give a franchise death sentence over a bounty program, but it is still tackle football, a game that attracts surly and violent men.

And if anybody thinks all bounties have been expunged from the locker rooms now and forever because of Bountygate, they would be mistaken. Abhor it if you like, but this has always been a part of the game you watch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Between now and then they have Saints, Bye, Lions, @Bears, Ravens, @Steelers, Bucs, @Browns.

Maybe I'm crazy, but unless Hundley is just a total **** show I have a hard see how they come out of the above stretch with less than 2 wins to show for it.

The Packers can definitely win four of those games but the entire team has to perform up to their potential to actually pull it off. Unfortunately Rodgers won't be able to cover up for any shortcomings over the next eight weeks.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
when placed on IR you're not eligible to come back for 8 weeks. it's a minimum.

Which means if all goes well he an practice in 6 weeks and play December 17th which would be 8 weeks. I personally think he will come back for the Queens.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers can definitely win four of those games but the entire team has to perform up to their potential to actually pull it off. Unfortunately Rodgers won't be able to cover up for any shortcomings over the next eight weeks.

As he (#12) did in the Bengals and Cowboys victories this year.

H

HardRightEdge

Which means if all goes well he an practice in 6 weeks and play December 17th which would be 8 weeks. I personally think he will come back for the Queens.
Practice in six week if by practice we mean "throw a football"? I don't think so.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
These things are full of variables. How the surgery went, where the break was, how fast he heals, and how fast muscle comes back are all going to be different from individual to individual. Most of the time, what we have is speculation based on how this stuff normally goes. Week 15 is improbable but not impossible.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can't acquire a proven starting quarterback to replace Rodgers. While there's a drop-off to be expected with Hundley starting I completely lack understanding for your point of view about the season being over. The expectations going forward definitely hqve to be lowered but I will take joy in watching this team compete hard and maybe earn some hard fought victories along the way.

It seems you're a pretty spoiled fan when there's no way for you to enjoy Packers football without the team having a chance to compete for a championship.
No, I am not spoiled, I take my football wisdom from Lombardi. "You play football to win championships". The key word is championship. When that goal is not in the equasion you do what is best for the franchise and not what spoiled fans want to see. In this situation, you develop younger players by giving them a ton of snaps and rest veterens to extend their careers so the Rodgers window doesn't close any sooner than has to. The Packers will be much better off by going 5-11, getting high draft picks, developing young players and potentially trading Hundley for a high pick, than salvaging a few meaningless wins in a lost season and in the process, diminishing their chances to come back stronger.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why so many people are keen on trading Hundley, when (as we see this season) he might come in handy.

Anybody else a little nervous over the idea of Rodgers returning and playing the Vikings, who are most likely going to be looking to smash him onto his right shoulder again? I know it's just paranoia, and a QB can't avoid taking some hits, and any team would likely be trying to do the same, but I still don't like thinking about it. Better than Rodgers not returning though (unless we're out of playoff contention by then).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not sure why so many people are keen on trading Hundley, when (as we see this season) he might come in handy.

Anybody else a little nervous over the idea of Rodgers returning and playing the Vikings, who are most likely going to be looking to smash him onto his right shoulder again? I know it's just paranoia, and a QB can't avoid taking some hits, and any team would likely be trying to do the same, but I still don't like thinking about it. Better than Rodgers not returning though (unless we're out of playoff contention by then).

With the screws installed to his shoulder and once healed it will be stronger then a normal collarbone. That thing wont be going anywhere.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

In that scenario, I would imagine that the Vikings would be more afraid of Rodgers burning their defense to the ground.

I see what you're saying about Hundley, but if he proves worthy of being a starter in this stretch then he's gone after 2018 regardless. So if he should prove to be a player of that caliber, I would be in favor of cashing in on him. The haul that a good young QB scan bring in a trade > one more year of a good backup.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bottom line is that Rodgers should not come back until he's 100% healed and rehabbed. If that means the Packers miss the playoffs, so be it. As far as I'm concerned, it's Hundley the rest of the way and I'd be very, very surprised to see Rodgers back on the field at all, even in the postseason. Frankly, if the Packers make the postseason it probably means that Hundley is for real and he would be better off leading the team in the playoffs as well rather than rushing back Rodgers and risking a re-injury.

Members online

Latest posts