Rodgers broken collar bone.. Season ending??

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He starts playing "smart" as another way of saying conservative, and that which makes him the best ever is gone. It is the intangibles that define him, not just the precision and brains. Shit Brees gave you that today.

I don't agree with that at all. It's not an "either/or" equation. Is Rodgers the first starting quarterback in the history of the NFL who is so lacking in talent that he can't afford to play smarter as he gets older? I don't agree at all that he's the best ever, but we can agree that he's certainly ONE of them and start from there. A quarterback as great as Rodgers has a huge comfort zone that he can fall back into, and play more cautiously as he gets older, while still remaining one of the greatest of all time and arguably the best in the NFL. He's entering his mid-30s, and that's an age where smart quarterbacks learn how to protect themselves better so they can stay in the game. Being "the best ever" doesn't do your team any good when you're standing on the sidelines wearing jeans.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't agree with that at all. It's not an "either/or" equation. Is Rodgers the first starting quarterback in the history of the NFL who is so lacking in talent that he can't afford to play smarter as he gets older? I don't agree at all that he's the best ever, but we can agree that he's certainly ONE of them and start from there. A quarterback as great as Rodgers has a huge comfort zone that he can fall back into, and play more cautiously as he gets older, while still remaining one of the greatest of all time and arguably the best in the NFL. He's entering his mid-30s, and that's an age where smart quarterbacks learn how to protect themselves better so they can stay in the game. Being "the best ever" doesn't do your team any good when you're standing on the sidelines wearing jeans.
Live to fight another day is a valid argument but that is not who he is. He learned a few years back when he was getting sacked 30-50 times a season. The last hit was not a problem as it was a normal slide outside play that he has done dozens of times.

pfcmsh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still can't believe people are actually thinking he is coming back this season. Surgery on his throwing arm collarbone people...not his non throwing arm. If the Packers stink by the time we get imto December.... then there's no REASON to even bring him back.

Totally agree. Coach McCarthy announced that the best QB in the league had a significant injury and we know it was to his throwing arm this time. What does significant mean? Was it a single easily repaired break or multiple breaks? We just don't know. The injury, being "significant" worries me that returning to the field will take longer than we are assuming, based upon his last collarbone. Why bring him back and risk hurting him seriously?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see what you're saying about Hundley, but if he proves worthy of being a starter in this stretch then he's gone after 2018 regardless. So if he should prove to be a player of that caliber, I would be in favor of cashing in on him.
Why should another team give us a decent pick (or whatever) for him, when we only have the rights to him for one more year?

I kind of like Callahan anyway, although the preseason he had this year was rather disappointing.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I hope there's a QB controversy at the end of this :) But I'm not expecting one. .500 football from this team to the end of the year would be good, it would give us a chance.
The only quarterback controversy will be figuring out whether Hundley will be traded or let go in free agency.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they couldn't trade him when he was an unknown quantity, I seriously doubt they'll be able to do so at the end of this year.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Praying we are close enough in the playoff hunt for Rodgers to return for the Carolina game. Considering I already have my flights, hotel and tickets for that game :/

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If they couldn't trade him when he was an unknown quantity, I seriously doubt they'll be able to do so at the end of this year.

Yeah, he hasn't exactly created an enormous demand for himself overnught, has he?

As of today, there are probably a few teams, who had supposed interest in Hundley during the draft, breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't make that trade.

So yes, his "stock" has plummeted, but he has a whole lot of playing time ahead of him to bring it back up. I think the big question for the Packers at the end of this season will be "Is Hundley the guy we want as our #2 for 2018?". They should have a very good idea of that come January.

Reaction score
As of today, there are probably a few teams, who had supposed interest in Hundley during the draft, breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't make that trade
I’m not so sure that any QB who arguably could’ve slid into the bottom of the 5th (or even lower rounds) on any given draft would have brought such high expectations at this point of his career that a team would be so disappointed.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I’m not so sure that any QB who arguably could’ve slid into the bottom of the 5th (or even lower rounds) on any given draft would have brought such high expectations at this point of his career that a team would be so disappointed.
In his 3rd year? I'm more disappointed not in Hundley, but in the Packer organization for relying on a guy with little to no experience to try and keep a team in the playoff hunt. I started thinking about this possibility week 1, when the OL started dropping like flies and Rodgers was constantly on the run or under pressure.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree. Coach McCarthy announced that the best QB in the league had a significant injury and we know it was to his throwing arm this time. What does significant mean? Was it a single easily repaired break or multiple breaks? We just don't know. The injury, being "significant" worries me that returning to the field will take longer than we are assuming, based upon his last collarbone. Why bring him back and risk hurting him seriously?

No matter the fracture, now that it is out together, it's going to heal as much as in possibly can by 6-8 weeks.

Now that's it's got hardware in it, there is very little chance of it breaking again at the same spot. His risk of breaking it again will be the same as before he broke it.

The issue of him not returning this season is more due to restricted motion and weakness of his throwing arm.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one annoyed by hundley gum chewing, or is he chewing his tongue lol? Aaron should not comeback this season and heal.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
after seeing the NO debacle i have no confidence in this team going forward this season. Rodgers would be crazy to go out there before next sept. let's just ride this out, get our top 15 pick, look at our 3rd or 4th place schedule for next year, and smile. :sneaky:

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one annoyed by hundley gum chewing, or is he chewing his tongue lol? Aaron should not comeback this season and heal.
Doc have said with the hardware in place, even at 80% healed it will be stronger than it was before it broke. My money has him starting on Dec 17.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Doc have said with the hardware in place, even at 80% healed it will be stronger than it was before it broke. My money has him starting on Dec 17.

It's gonna come down to if they can stay in contention until then. If they keep losing then no reason to rush him back.

Latest posts