Rodgers broken collar bone.. Season ending??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I must confess to being a little dispondant reading people writing Huntley and the team off before he's played his first full game. I understand how bad this situation is, but shouldn't we be rallying behind him and the team 100% ?
The great AR had to start from scratch once and was sometimes booed by some when he stepped in ahead of BF, but he proved those doubters wrong. There will be a time when AR ends his career. Are we going to hate the new guy then ?

Personally, I don't hate BH at all, I wish him all the luck and hope that he does GREAT! However, I think what you are hearing are a lot of posters, like myself, who haven't seen anything that special from Brett Hundley, or at least special enough for some of us to say "Awesome, here comes Brett to save the season!". Right now in most people's minds, there is a huge difference between what AR can do for the Packers VS what Brett Hundley can do. Hate to say it, but just like Aaron Rodgers did, Brett is going to have to earn the trust of his teammates and us his fans. It's in his hands now.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I can't bear to read through all thirteen pages of posts, so I apologize in advance if this has been stated before.

1. I became physically ill (nauseous) when AR got nailed and didn't get up. Not only for the player, but for the man. Yes, I'm a huge AR homer.

2. I became enraged when my Minnesota "friends" e-mailed me to gloat about crippling AR. They also felt it necessary to claim "the Packers are nothing without AR" (could be true).

3. While I don't dislike BH, I'd be truly amazed if the Packers went .500 for the rest of the season. Still, 9-7 would probably make the playoffs (right?).

4. AB should never have been in the backfield to nail AR in the first place. Hold the man and drag him to the ground if necessary. 15 yards is easier to replace than AR. (I would have kicked AB in the nuts, if necessary.)

5. I'll still watch every Packer game but that deer stand is sure looking a whole lot more appealing now on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I wonder if I still have my old "Walkman" around?

6. What's the consensus? 9-7? 8-8? 4-12? Somebody is going to have to talk me off the ledge.

Shockwave

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nature of the beast my friend. You go with your best players on any given Sunday, if AR is healthy enough to play, it doesn't matter who got you there........#12 has earned the right to play.
It's amazing to me that that even has to be said.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's amazing to me that that even has to be said.

The only way I see there ever having to be a decision to be made between #7 and #12, is if #7 is playing REALLY well and #12 isn't nearly at 100% as well as being a bit "rusty". Would be a nice "dilemma" to have come January, but I doubt it will occur.

I know Buggy is just thinking about what happened between #4 and #12 ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
4. AB should never have been in the backfield to nail AR in the first place. Hold the man and drag him to the ground if necessary. 15 yards is easier to replace than AR. (I would have kicked AB in the nuts, if necessary.)

Was a good play on AB's part, he appeared to be dropping back in coverage, saw AR rolling out "naked" and had an easy shot at him. No Packer was anywhere near Barr to take him out. Hate to say it, but if you want to blame a Packer, have to "blame" AR himself. He probably should have gotten rid of the ball a few seconds earlier, but in AR like fashion, he went all in on the play.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy mentioned during his press conference today that as far as he's aware there hasn't been a date set for Rodgers' surgery so far. I guess that's a strong indicator the team doesn't expect him to be back this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

i'm not rooting against him but if they lose every game the rest of the way i won't be disappointed. it'll get us a no-brainer pick that TT can't mess up...

I'm definitely rooting for the Packers to win every single game the rest of the season. There's no guarantee getting an impact player even by drafting early in the first round.

AB should never have been in the backfield to nail AR in the first place. Hold the man and drag him to the ground if necessary. 15 yards is easier to replace than AR. (I would have kicked AB in the nuts, if necessary.)

There's no reason to blame the offensive line for Rodgers being hit on that specific play.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
McCarthy mentioned during his press conference today that as far as he's aware there hasn't been a date set for Rodgers' surgery so far. I guess that's a strong indicator the team doesn't expect him to be back this season.

Which could mean he had surgery yesterday for all we know. Nobody has even heard from Rodgers yet. Whole situation is very weird.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason to blame the offensive line for Rodgers being hit on that specific play.

Well, OK. Is it still OK if I kick AB in the nuts though? :mad:

You know, watching film of BH in college I'm slightly more optimistic. The kid made some great throws at UCLA. How can we really expect him to show much in the shadow of the great AR?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Which could mean he had surgery yesterday for all we know. Nobody has even heard from Rodgers yet. Whole situation is very weird.

This is "business as usual" the way I see it. When have the Packer FO really given the media/fans a really clear picture of a player's injury status or a prediction of availability? Part of that is that they probably don't really know themselves (Sam Shields) and thus don't want to give out incorrect information. There is also that notion of a player's health in many sports is kind of that "taboo topic", especially if the player himself wishes for it to remain quiet.

In any case, it's the Packers MO and I have come to accept it.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must confess to being a little dispondant reading people writing Huntley and the team off before he's played his first full game. I understand how bad this situation is, but shouldn't we be rallying behind him and the team 100% ?
The great AR had to start from scratch once and was sometimes booed by some when he stepped in ahead of BF, but he proved those doubters wrong. There will be a time when AR ends his career. Are we going to hate the new guy then ?

I agree.

Dak Prescott

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Aaron Rodgers knew what he signed up for. And yes, it was a legal hit.

https://streamable.com/5sh6a

But the question remains:

Should “Kill the quarterback and you win” be a legitimate game strategy?
I think going after the QB is a legitimate strategy, and I think QBs are protected by the rules. Bear in mind that many of these hits look far worse on TV and in slow mo, and without a pass rush you kill the game....................I mean the Cowboys haven't had a pass rush in years and watching us play D is like sitting through an Adam ******* movie.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Packers acquire a marquee qb? If not, the season is over. For the good of the franchise, the Packers should use this opportunity to bench starters and get massive playing time for their younger players to see how they really stack up. There is no conceivable way the Packers are Super Bowl contenders without Rodgers. If a championship is impossible then development should take priority.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can the Packers acquire a marquee qb? If not, the season is over. For the good of the franchise, the Packers should use this opportunity to bench starters and get massive playing time for their younger players to see how they really stack up. There is no conceivable way the Packers are Super Bowl contenders without Rodgers. If a championship is impossible then development should take priority.
Never in a million years do I want a staff or a team that adopts this mentality. Nothing will plummet us into the being the Browns faster than that type of thinking.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never in a million years do I want a staff or a team that adopts this mentality. Nothing will plummet us into the being the Browns faster than that type of thinking.
Never in a million years will the Packers win a Super Bowl without Rodgers. Face it the season is over and the games are neaningless exhibition games at this point. Without Rodgers the Packers will look a lot like the Browns so they might as well do something productive.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care, if you're playing for a better draft position you'll always be a loser.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Old saying and I believe in it.
Whoever said it must have been a HELL of a leader. Wish I could have met him.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers can't acquire a proven starting quarterback to replace Rodgers. While there's a drop-off to be expected with Hundley starting I completely lack understanding for your point of view about the season being over. The expectations going forward definitely hqve to be lowered but I will take joy in watching this team compete hard and maybe earn some hard fought victories along the way.

Never in a million years will the Packers win a Super Bowl without Rodgers. Face it the season is over and the games are neaningless exhibition games at this point. Without Rodgers the Packers will look a lot like the Browns so they might as well do something productive.

It seems you're a pretty spoiled fan when there's no way for you to enjoy Packers football without the team having a chance to compete for a championship.

Members online