Revis...

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly...

Revis is my boy and I posted this with a little bit of bias lol.

It seems like TT just simply WILL NOT "value" ILB or Guards based off his history... so there goes my Lang and Hightower dream

Bennett is an absolute BRILLIANT move and should be good for 60 700 6 ... IMO
and so is Kendricks

We can actually run empty sets with these guys to be honest as those two with Nelson/Cobb/Adams would be a VERY BAD matchup for pretty much any defense

Revis is a great generational player, he was like Champ Bailey, Deion, Peterson/Sherman(untouchables) today...

I believe signing him will elevate his motivational level and also Randall/Gunter/Rollins which would be conducive to the growth and short term for the team

...the thing is... REGARDLESS if it's $8 million(what he wants) or $2 million(vet minimum)... it's a SHORT TERM contract with him, he wont be here for longer than 2 years MAX... so what does it hurt

House pretty much is about equivalent to Hyde IMO and so that kind of equals out... but i think Hyde is the better playmaker

Rollins has a similar skillset to House.. so maybe Rollins can learn to become a "decent" corner at least now lol

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can't be any worse than the crap I was subjected to watching last year so what the heck..... Offer him a 1yr while drafting adoree Jackson and I'll be content

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis is a great generational player, he was like Champ Bailey, Deion, Peterson/Sherman(untouchables) today...

I believe signing him will elevate his motivational level and also Randall/Gunter/Rollins which would be conducive to the growth and short term for the team

Yes!!! It would not hurt to sign him to a short term deal.

D

Deleted member 6794

Looks like that since this is supposed to be a deep draft for CBs, that's where Ted is going to address our needs. He might also be one of those guys who believes that our young guys only underperformed because they were injured. There are a lot of those guys out there. Shoot, they may even be right, who knows?

It might work out but it's a huge gamble.

Just saw it looks like Packers are signing House. There you go.

That move happened several days ago.

I feel like house outside, and Gunter in the old Hyde role, is doable... but no quality depth. That's with Randall and Rollins rebounding.... what if they continue to fall off?

Gunter isn't agile enough to line up in Hyde's spot.

House pretty much is about equivalent to Hyde IMO and so that kind of equals out... but i think Hyde is the better playmaker

Rollins has a similar skillset to House.. so maybe Rollins can learn to become a "decent" corner at least now lol

Hyde and Rollins are best suited to play in the slot while House is a perimeter cornerback. They don't have similar skill sets at all.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though he was TRASH last season, I'd try and bring him in on a cheap deal. The Jets were a dumpster fire last season and probably wasn't a fun team to play for...

D

Deleted member 6794

Even though he was TRASH last season, I'd try and bring him in on a cheap deal. The Jets were a dumpster fire last season and probably wasn't a fun team to play for...

The Packers don't need a washed up cornerback in Revis having lost a step as age has caught up to him even on a cheap deal.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers don't need a washed up cornerback in Revis having lost a step as age has caught up to him even on a cheap deal.
He's washed up for sure but maybe there's a chance for him to bounce back? I think we should roll the dice on SOMETHING here. Just take a chance, it could pay off.

D

Deleted member 6794

He's washed up for sure but maybe there's a chance for him to bounce back? I think we should roll the dice on SOMETHING here. Just take a chance, it could pay off.

Unfortunately all the cornerbacks I was interested in are off the market.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis will make $6Mil this season from the Jets for NOT playing. He wants $8Mil to play because, why not, it's only an additional $2mil to play vs. not playing. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-for-less-than-6-million-without-consequence/

GB will roll with House & Randall and a couple of draft picks as well as 4 or 5 UDFA's. House will man one side. Randall can't possibly be as lost as he was last year and he's got the physical tools to play the other side. The draft picks will be given every opportunity to claim the #3 spot (or #2!??) in camp. If they don't excel then Rollins, Dorleant, Gunter, Goodson, Hawkins, or UDFA's will be there to claim roster spots/depth. Not my ideal situation, but doubt any FA still out there will help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We should have rolled the dice on Mo Claiborne. If we got him and Barwin, our defense doesn't look that terrible....

There were better options available at cornerback than Claiborne. In my opinion it's absolutely mind-boggling Thompson didn't spend the $9 million cap space saved by releasing Shields on the position.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we should roll the dice on SOMETHING here.
So your memo to Ted is "Don't just stand there, DO something. Who cares if it is the wisest or best option. Just look busy. I mean you've done nothing in years past but this year change your MO that has made the NFCCG 2 out of 3 seasons because, you know, we want to discuss SOMETHING besides the draft."

D

Deleted member 6794

So your memo to Ted is "Don't just stand there, DO something. Who cares if it is the wisest or best option. Just look busy. I mean you've done nothing in years past but this year change your MO that has made the NFCCG 2 out of 3 seasons because, you know, we want to discuss SOMETHING besides the draft."

It's possible that Thompson improving positions of need over the last three seasons would have resulted in two trips to the Super Bowl though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

According to The Ringer's Mike Lombardi, free agent Darrelle Revis remains unsigned because Revis "has not really taken care of his body" and "looked slow" on game tape last season.

Lombardi pointed to 38-year-old Terence Newman as a cornerback who has taken care of himself late in his career, whereas 31-year-old Revis has not. "He played slow. He looked slow," said Lombardi. "Players that gain weight during their career fall off the Earth." Also noting Revis had "two massages a week" during his time in New England, Lombardi believes "no one is going to take the $6 million burden off the Jets," referring to Revis' $6 million in offset guarantees. "I think Revis is begging for a job." Retirement is squarely in play for Revis.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep reading 'we were in the NFCCG 2 out of the last 3 years'.
And lost.
Is that the new standard of greatness here? Why not just take down the "Titletown USA" sign and replace it with something like "Good Enough Town" USA.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask Revis to come in and play Safety ala Cwood late in his career. I bet Revis would be an excellent Safety and it would prolong his career some too.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep reading 'we were in the NFCCG 2 out of the last 3 years'.
And lost.
Is that the new standard of greatness here? Why not just take down the "Titletown USA" sign and replace it with something like "Good Enough Town" USA.

Those comments are to combat the fan base that likes to act like the Packers are one step up from a JV team

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly not a JV team, but not a SB team, either.

Well here's the thing. It's hard to say "not a SB team" with certainty when they were only one game away. No they didn't make it but let's not pretend that they are/were far away in order to fit a narrative

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's worth about as much as they were one Rodgers miracle pass from losing to Dallas. I look at this team, and knowing how they're GM will go about fixing their problems , I can say it with certainty.
The 'pretending ' is in thinking they are a legit SB contender.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask Revis to come in and play Safety ala Cwood late in his career. I bet Revis would be an excellent Safety and it would prolong his career some too.

Bill Belichick said he doesn't think Revis' skills translate to safety.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's worth about as much as they were one Rodgers miracle pass from losing to Dallas. I look at this team, and knowing how they're GM will go about fixing their problems , I can say it with certainty.
The 'pretending ' is in thinking they are a legit SB contender.

There is no "pretending" they were a legit SB contender last year.

Only people "pretending" that they weren't in order to fit a narrative they want to push.

If you feel like arguing that they're farther away now versus then ok fine. That still doesn't change that they were legit SB contenders last year though.

Refusing to even acknowledge that is being intellectually dishonest with yourself because of your own bias

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no "pretending" they were a legit SB contender last year.

Only people "pretending" that they weren't in order to fit a narrative they want to push.

If you feel like arguing that they're farther away now versus then ok fine. That still doesn't change that they were legit SB contenders last year though.

Refusing to even acknowledge that is being intellectually dishonest with yourself because of your own bias

Keep kidding yourself. What bias do I have? Seeing this over hyped fraud show for what it is? That's not bias; that's reality.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep kidding yourself. What bias do I have? Seeing this over hyped fraud show for what it is? That's not bias; that's reality.

Not acknowledging that a team that makes their conference championship game is indeed a legit contender, at least for that given year, all because you vehemently disagree with a team building approach of the GM is indeed bias because to admit otherwise would mean that TT has indeed fielded at least 2 legit SB contenders in the past 3 years and that possibly he might not be the entire reason this team didn't win a championship.

I do really enjoy the constant pessimists trying talk about how they live in reality all the while ignoring parts of it that don't fit their narrative

Members online