Revis...

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like that since this is supposed to be a deep draft for CBs, that's where Ted is going to address our needs. He might also be one of those guys who believes that our young guys only underperformed because they were injured. There are a lot of those guys out there. Shoot, they may even be right, who knows?

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis has been in decline
for a couple of years now. He's pretty much done.

I would say this past season was truly his first year on the decline

I am not saying let's go get him, but it couldn't hurt and he's still better than what we have. If it's true he would play for a minimum, why not?

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we won't be getting a FA DB or a pass rusher. Peppers gone, Clay a year older and Perry just got the $, Hyde gone, not liking our chances next year.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say this past season was truly his first year on the decline

I am not saying let's go get him, but it couldn't hurt and he's still better than what we have. If it's true he would play for a minimum, why not?

The guy has been a master at bleeding huge contracts then hopping to another team and repeating the process. Can't believe he'd take minimum.

Reaction score
I'm just not enthused about this guy. Regardless of who was or wasn't innocent, the story lines (reading between the lines) speaks to the fact he's risky and poorly focused. Friends of a feather flock together, let him flock in Pittsburgh. This is a distraction waiting to happen and this pick would be uncharacteristic of the Packers Office

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I am reading this correctly, Ian Rapaport is saying that Revis can/may play for veteran minimum because if he does the jets pay him 6 million. If we get revis at veteran minimum I think this is a no brainer.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/842376027275960322

Revis isn't taking a minimum deal. He's guaranteed $6 million to sit on his couch on Sunday watching other dudes destroying their bodies. Why play a season of football for the same amount you'd make doing nothing? He would be better off sitting out the year while staying in shape so he can sign a contract next year. He's only playing if someone wants to pay him well above $6 million.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw it looks like Packers are signing House. There you go.
I like house. But I'm not comfortable going into next season with him, but having lost Hyde. We have not replaced our #1 cb, and are still fielding the same crew that looked beyond weak in the NFC champ game....

Banking on our young CBs rebounding is bad. You fix the problem and then IF they rebound, we are back to being strong again at cb.

H

HardRightEdge

I like house. But I'm not comfortable going into next season with him, but having lost Hyde. We have not replaced our #1 cb, and are still fielding the same crew that looked beyond weak in the NFC champ game....

Banking on our young CBs rebounding is bad. You fix the problem and then IF they rebound, we are back to being strong again at cb.
It wouldn't be the first time the Packers entered a season with a glaring weakness at a position group when banking on development.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't be the first time the Packers entered a season with a glaring weakness at a position group when banking on development.
I was afraid we would all find out how good Hyde was, after he left...

I feel like house outside, and Gunter in the old Hyde role, is doable... but no quality depth. That's with Randall and Rollins rebounding.... what if they continue to fall off?

Poe is gone to Atlanta now too. I felt he was a one man fix. With Clark hopefully taking the next step, we could field a dline that would be Helping the lbs and CBs greatly!!!

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis was found not guilty.

I bet another team will pick him up soon now.

I feel like there is room for one more splash player. I'm hoping for either Revis, AP, or Poe....

Honestly, 1 year 3 million is not a bad idea. What he is losing in physical talents, he's gaining in supreme understanding of the game. Outside of Butler, why not offer him a deal, and still focus on drafting CB for the immediate future. Todd McShay's mock draft of Garreon Conley falling to the 29th isn't a bad suggestion. Revis provides tutelage for the other corners, takes it easy the first half; "up" the reps during the second half gearing for an ultimate SB run. GB gets the ring. Revis exits as a football mercenary. Legacies strengthened and solidified. Next season, TT grabs some Jergens and hits the draft room with a boatload of compensatory picks for the defending SB Champs.

H

HardRightEdge

I feel like house outside, and Gunter in the old Hyde role, is doable... but no quality depth. That's with Randall and Rollins rebounding.... what if they continue to fall off?
Did everyone forget? This is a "draft and develop" organization. Randall was thrown into perimeter CB as a rookie. They'll draft somebody in the top 3 rounds, probably the first. That guy will compete for a perimeter corner job.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, 1 year 3 million is not a bad idea. What he is losing in physical talents, he's gaining in supreme understanding of the game. Outside of Butler, why not offer him a deal, and still focus on drafting CB for the immediate future. Todd McShay's mock draft of Garreon Conley falling to the 29th isn't a bad suggestion. Revis provides tutelage for the other corners, takes it easy the first half; "up" the reps during the second half gearing for an ultimate SB run. GB gets the ring. Revis exits as a football mercenary. Legacies strengthened and solidified. Next season, TT grabs some Jergens and hits the draft room with a boatload of compensatory picks for the defending SB Champs.

If Kyra's information posted above is correct, then there's zero chance he would play anywhere for less than 6 million dollars. If he were to take the min and recoup 6 mill from the Jets, it would not be to play here, it would probably be to play in Pitt, his home town.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did everyone forget? This is a "draft and develop" organization. Randall was thrown into perimeter CB as a rookie. They'll draft somebody in the top 3 rounds, probably the first. That guy will compete for a perimeter corner job.
draft and develop is fine... after you get Revis or AP.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Kyra's information posted above is correct, then there's zero chance he would play anywhere for less than 6 million dollars. If he were to take the min and recoup 6 mill from the Jets, it would not be to play here, it would probably be to play in Pitt, his home town.
He could go down in history as the only player to give money to play.... maybe. Ask wimm, he will know.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Hyde's a decent player, probably a better safety than corner, though safety and slot are two sides of the same coin.

His departure is a loss given the state of the CB group, but I would not consider it impactful.

H

HardRightEdge

So he'd work in the "last-year-in-GB-Charles-Woodson" role as a roving mercenary in the backfield?
That was not a reference to Woodson, though he is an example. There is a long history in the NFL of elite corners moving to safety after losing a step if they want to keep playing. The Packers don't need a safety...this season.

Members online

Latest posts