Report: Tramon Williams signs his tender

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As Packers fans began to fear an extended holdout from cornerback Tramon Williams, Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that Williams has signed his tender offer.Thus, Williams is now under contract at $3.168 million for 2010.Williams faced a...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this guarantees anything. There's still chance that he holds out even during mandatory practices for a new contract. We'll just have to wait and see.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any one get any up dates on if this is true or not?? MM claimed he knew nothing about it after practice at 1:30.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
K thanks. I just figured that TT would have known and told him because MM said he had a long meeting with him right before practice.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at a boy tramon, listen to your boys like pickett and collins...do your job and expect a nice reward, it will happen, but you're probably going to have to have your best season ever...so be ready!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's always a gamble in football," Williams said. "It's the name of the game, it's the business. I was never one to worry about injuries or any of that stuff. I haven't ever been injured in my career, so hopefully that stands. Like I said, I'm just here to play and I'm not worrying about the other stuff."

Instead he will focus on what he can control, his performance on the field, and let the business side of things take care of itself.

"One thing about the Packers, they are a first-class organization," Williams said. "You know they are going to do what is best for the team, and that is all that matters. I am here to play football, and at the end of the day that is all there is to do. That's what we are here for.

"The only thing that I can control is being here and being accountable. Being here and being a great teammate, and that's what I am here for."

As a fan Tramon gained a few more points in my book after reading this

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon should definitely be in the Packers long term plan for the future. Despite the fact that he should get a contract extension, I really don't like how the media is hyping up all the "dispute" between him and the organization. Packers' Williams turns corner on contract matters

We've been lead to believe all along that Williams had been holding out until the last minute because he wanted to look for offers elsewhere. But he specifically says that he had a child on the way and with his wife being pregnant, he didn't want to leave here there unsupported. It's a totally legitimate excuse in my book and I doubt he wanted to leave the Packers anyway.