The Evolving WR Situation...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a stupid move on the Raiders' part, but they traded a 6th for Davis in large part because of ST value. So it's not apples to apples.

IMO it is, Lazard provides vastly more to a team than what Davis provided to STs.

I will admit that was a dumb move though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? He has put up consistent and solid figures in the games he dresses...is it production or health reasons you don't think you could get say a 5th (conditionally elevating to a 4th) type deal from a team?
I kind of agree with Dante’s hypothesis on Adam’s and Lazard. WR’s like Lazard are a dime a dozen. Lazard has much more value to us than he would for most other teams. If Adam’s wants to leave, I’d think he’d want to go to the same team as Rodgers rather than start all over with a new team AND a new QB.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of agree with Dante’s hypothesis on Adam’s and Lazard. WR’s like Lazard are a dime a dozen. Lazard has much more value to us than he would for most other teams. If Adam’s wants to leave, I’d think he’d want to go to the same team as Rodgers rather than start all over with a new team AND a new QB.

Trust me I'm not saying Lazard is going to get you a ton in return. I'd even be willing to trade a their 6th for a our 7th type deal. Something. My least favorite thing ever is an organization that knows full well a player is not going to be part of their organization moving forward but yet don't try to get anything for them in return, even a trade for nothing (conditionally could become a 7th type deal) is more than nothing. Obviously this only fits the "non-compensatory level guys"

The Adams scenario all three of us are on the same page.

Reaction score
We’ll probably only hear Rodgers side of the story if Gutekunst is anything like Thompson.

How did Joe Montana handle his situation? I wasn’t close enough to that situation and wasn’t paying close attention.
I don’t recall Montana making a fuss at all. Maybe someone else can correct me. I recall Joe just rolled with the punches and that’s what makes him an all around Champion.
Although I will note that people in general were more thankful and respectful in those times. “That’s when a smoke was a smoke.. and grooving’ was grooving’ dancing meant everything. We were young n we were improvin’ “

I really hope Funchess can get the rust off after all this time.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Lazard. He does all of the little stuff. Most teams have there own guy like that. That guy mostly plays on ST or because of injury. MLF uses our guy very well. Other teams will not look at him the way we do. Lazard and a 7 for a 6 is about the top offer I see and I would not trade him for that.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t recall Montana making a fuss at all.

That was before social media existed. Heck, internet barely existed. Pretty sure if Shefty and Twitter were around back then, we would've had all sorts of stupid stories about Joe, and people would have consumed it hook, line, and sinker.

Members online

Latest posts