Reggie McKenzie

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
With the firing of Bill Polian, Irsay has hinted that the next gm of the Colts is already in the playoffs. The rumor floating around is that it's Reggie McKenzie.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind it's a rumor so I don't want to start anything and feel free to close this mods.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent choice. He'd maybe take young Wolf and other front office Packers with him. Probably try to get some of the Packer backups near the end of training camp next year. Would he get to pick the coach too?

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Excellent choice. He'd maybe take young Wolf and other front office Packers with him. Probably try to get some of the Packer backups near the end of training camp next year. Would he get to pick the coach too?

I would think so. I mean Caldwell is not fired yet but the coaching staff is "under evaluation."

It is not a given Reggie McKenzie is the guy, but it's the name going around right now so who knows. Irsay also spoke very highly of GB and their drafting last year before the SB. Mentioned thats how you build a team.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think I heard his name mentioned for Oakland too but I don't recall when or where.
Ugh. I heard Oakland too! That would suck. The Colts are in a better position though. The first pick in the draft is enticing and basically I have heard they might be going in rebuilding mode. Kinda makes you wonder about Peyton. Several FAs too including Wayne, Saturday and Mathis. Eeek.

And Oakland had that awful trade with Cincy. Cincy won this hands down. Bright future for this team.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Does Irsay have any connection with Wolf?

I honestly don't know. I am still a bit stunned he canned the evil Polian empire today. Balls.

Whats next I don't know.

I just hope Irsay does not contact Dungy for advice. Dungy is heavily biased towards who he "likes."

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
A cost of success is losing good people in the front office and losing assistant coaches, too. The impact of the loss of front office personnel is one of the hardest things for outsiders to evaluate IMO, so I don’t know how much the organization would miss McKenzie. I believe he used to be more involved with pro personnel while John Dorsey heading up college scouting. The way Thompson builds the team makes think the college talent evaluators are more important than those concentrating of the pros, but I don’t know to what degree McKenzie is involved with either recently. I believe he has interviewed for jobs in the past so the rumor doesn’t surprise me. With the Packers showing last season wasn’t a fluke, I think it’s a good bet he’ll get an offer. It would be one thing to lose him but I hated it when Holmgren left and raided the cupboard on his way out. On the coaching side, even if Tom Clements doesn’t get a college HC offer, he could be on his way to the OC job elsewhere. The Bears wanted him for OC a couple of years ago (hired Martz instead) and McCarthy wouldn’t let him go to a division rival. If a non-division team comes calling it will be difficult for McCarthy to say no.