Red zone woes could prod Packers to seek playmakers in off-s

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would pay Tony G as much as I paid Charles Woodson this year. I'm talking 10 mil guaranteed in money. Definitely worth it IMO. However I think if Favre retires then Tony G doesn't become as big as a want. Then I might look at the younger and cheaper Daniel Graham.

I do think signing Tony G would compare to signing Reggie White in a way but not as big. Nothing will be as big as White coming to Green Bay.

Only thing close is Brees to New Orleans but that's only if they win a Super Bowl.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd still rather draft a TE or some under-the-radar magic that TT is good for, and let them compete with Lee,Martin, and Franks.

Franks used to be Mr. Red Zone....what happened? Is he too busy counting his money from the contract, or is he hurt or something? I hope he is pulling an Ahman Green and is secretly playing very very hurt, as it would explain things. Any other reason just isnt good enough.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
However I think if Favre retires then Tony G doesn't become as big as a want. Then I might look at the younger and cheaper Daniel Graham.

This goes to the topic zero started..

why does it matter?

bottom line if Brett comes back one more time, who is to say he will play in 2008?? So you want to get a guy like Tony for just that ONE year??

For me it shouldnt matter who the q/b is get the BEST GUY you can...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Red zone woes could prod Packers to seek playmakers in o

porky88 said:
However I think if Favre retires then Tony G doesn't become as big as a want. Then I might look at the younger and cheaper Daniel Graham.

This goes to the topic zero started..

why does it matter?

bottom line if Brett comes back one more time, who is to say he will play in 2008?? So you want to get a guy like Tony for just that ONE year??

For me it shouldnt matter who the q/b is get the BEST GUY you can...

A lot of things will factor in. Do you want to get a young TE to grow and develop with your young QB? If so Tony G is probably not your man. I’m not sure what Ted Thompson is thinking but I believe he wants a young team to grow and develop together.

Another thing is IF Favre retires, Tony G won't want to come here. With Favre Green Bay has instant creditability. Without him they are a young team beginning a new transition. That’s why I strongly disagree we need free agents to get Favre to return next year. I believe we need Favre to get free agents like a Tony G to come to Green Bay.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. If Favre stays, go after Tony, if Favre goes, get a veteran back up QB.

All the rest is the same as mentioned in other threads.

We need:
TE
WR
SS
OL
CB
PR

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonzales is an interesting free agent. In some ways it could be a viking move. Overpay and then have the guy injured early and out for the season.

It is a gamble. It can make Ted look wise or foolish depending on the outcome.

Ahmad Carroll needed replacing and Ted did not want a rookie there. Woodson was a costly short term move. I don't see as much desperation at the TE spot.

Because it is a good fit a deal will be discussed. I anticipate another team outbidding the Packers though. That money can be effetive elsewhere too.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts