"Realistic" WR Discussions...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Speaking of-- 3 Mayfield picks today :tup::tup::tup:.

Ok. I'm done talking Dorsey/Browns in the WR thread. Sorry everyone.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no need to as he's definitely wrong about the Falcons being interested in trading Julio Jones.

After HRE and me presenting the facts it would be smart to admit you (or your source) were wrong and move on.

Unfortunately most people aren't capable of doing that anymore.
Whatever. I don’t care!

All I did was throw that out there, and maybe considered it, myself, as simply a measure of the fire sale ATL might be having. I did not say I wanted us to trade for him either, nor did I go into any viability of the subject.

Look, WIMM, I’ve got NOTHING against you. Looks like you sure do with me. If you’re going to continually ride my **** at every turn, I will respond.... and, what purpose would that serve? Just give me a break. I sell luxury to some affluent clients around the country. I come into contact with and know players, coaches & GMs personally, and count nearly all of them as friends.

Just was sharing info as best I could, man. No worries.

I STILL have nothing against you. Just wish you might consider where I’m coming from and maybe knock some of that stuff back a bit, if you wouldn’t mind... the last I will say on it.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever. I don’t care!

All I did was throw that out there, and maybe considered it, myself, as simply a measure of the fire sale ATL might be having. I did not say I wanted us to trade for him either, nor did I go into any viability of the subject.

Look, WIMM, I’ve got NOTHING against you. Looks like you sure do with me. If you’re going to continually ride my **** at every turn, I will respond.... and, what purpose would that serve? Just give me a break. I sell luxury to some affluent clients around the country. I come into contact with and know players, coaches & GMs personally, and count nearly all of them as friends.

I STILL have nothing against you. Just wish you might consider where I’m coming from and maybe knock some of that stuff back a bit, if you wouldn’t mind... the last I will say on it.
I’m not sure how anybody could have a discussion with you under those parameters. You claimed some unnamed source told you that Julio Jones might be offered up as a trade. You refused to name the source and then got angry when it was pointed out that there is literally no way that could be a credible rumor. Whether you were right or wrong, you are the one that made a claim... that puts the responsibility on you to support it ... not get angry when it is legitimately challenged.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't have anything against you or any other poster around here and definitely don't care about where you're coming from.

If you suggest a completely unrealistic idea of one of your unnamed sources you will have to deal with me or someone else pointing that out though.

In that case it would be smart to accept that and simply move on.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure how anybody could have a discussion with you under those parameters. You claimed some unnamed source told you that Julio Jones might be offered up as a trade. You refused to name the source and then got angry when it was pointed out that there is literally no way that could be a credible rumor. Whether you were right or wrong, you are the one that made a claim... that puts the responsibility on you to support it ... not get angry when it is legitimately challenged.
BS.

I don’t have to support something as ridiculous as that. You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. What, you want me to call him to see if it’s ok to pop his name in here, at this Packers Forum, to appease you?

Get over yourselves.

D

Deleted member 6794

BS.

I don’t have to support something as ridiculous as that. You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion. What, you want me to call him to see if it’s ok to pop his name in here, at this Packers Forum, to appease you?

Get over yourselves.

No, what some others and I actually want is that you admit that either you or your source were wrong on the Falcons being interested in trading him. It's as easy as that.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, what some others and I actually want is that you admit that either you or your source were wrong on the Falcons being interested in trading him. It's as easy as that.
At this point, I don’t care what he does... I’m just going to put him on ignore, he obviously isn’t capable of understanding how a forum should work.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BS.

Get over yourselves.
Nope... I don’t care what you do. You just need to understand that people aren’t going to bother reading what you write if it’s clear that it’s nonsense.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm seriously just waiting for Gute to pull a deal for Sanu....I'd be the happiest man in Indiana if it happens! Falcons are going no where fast, and I sense a rebuild is brewing there.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have Allen Hurns from Miami ($1.75Mil/yr expires after '19) for a 7th rounder over Sanu's $6Mil +/yr. multi-year contract. Miami is looking to deal, whereas Atlanta would require more to bust-up their WR group.

Keep Shepherd for ST only duty (fair catching if he sniffs a defender within 10 yds.). Adams, Lazard, MVS are the new 1-3. Kumerow, Allison, & Graham can go anytime now, just wasting roster space.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have Allen Hurns from Miami ($1.75Mil/yr expires after '19) for a 7th rounder over Sanu's $6Mil +/yr. multi-year contract. Miami is looking to deal, whereas Atlanta would require more to bust-up their WR group.

I don't sense Gute likes moves that are one year rental players honestly. I think Sanu is more attractive because of that option of a second year depending how he performs. I wouldn't be mad if we made move for Hurns though.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confident Gutes will add another high quality WR soon. A lot of good ideas here.

I completely overestimated our WR depth early this year. Expected more from the players we have, especially Geronimo. MVS has been climbing slightly, in catch % 55, and has cut his drop rate in half. We do need another WR who can garner respect from opposing secondaries, and make significant plays. No question. Without that, I do not see us faring well to compete for/win the SB. That's what it is all about, and I believe Gutes knows it is time to act, getting the best player(s) he possibly can add to our roster.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Can we afford Stefon Diggs?

Lots of rumblings in Minny.
We may not get him, but 2 things, (1) he is unhappy in Minnesota, regardless of what’s reported, and (2) why not try to look and see if by some chance we might be able to coax him to GB, I just don’t know what we have to give up on the heavy side for him,and could he and Davonte coexist..

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score

Keep Shepherd for ST only duty (fair catching if he sniffs a defender within 10 yds.). Adams, Lazard, MVS are the new 1-3. Kumerow, Allison, & Graham can go anytime now, just wasting roster space.

I agree with almost everything you said. Hurns is probably the most likely type of deal Gutekunst is going to pull off. Also, agree that Lazard should be #2 or #3 WR at this point. Graham for $10 million or so this season was a big mistake by Gutekunst, M. Lewis and Tonyan are both better (hope Sternberger can come back in 3 or 4 games).

But, Shepherd should be cut. Hurns (or whoever can be acquired) would take his roster spot, which would be an upgrade. T. Williams can handle fair catch duty on punts and Vitale or Carson can KR.

Reaction score
One would think that teams in contention for the playoffs going into the end of the first half of the season wouldn’t start trading known assets.

Conversely, the teams who are at 2 wins or less etc.. after next week might be at least partakers in considering offers.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It is a question of both value and economics. I won't be disappointed with who they add, as long as they can help during THIS stretch run to the Lombardi Trophy. However they deem best, I'm good with it. Also, it does take two. Will see what Gutekunst does here very soon, and is able to work out. A one year deal is fine. We need the best help we can get to finish this season, and possibly take the whole enchilada.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would expect Allen Hurns to be a significant upgrade over a guy like Allison.

If they're going to make a move, they need to target someone who can actually make a difference.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with almost everything you said. Hurns is probably the most likely type of deal Gutekunst is going to pull off. Also, agree that Lazard should be #2 or #3 WR at this point. Graham for $10 million or so this season was a big mistake by Gutekunst, M. Lewis and Tonyan are both better (hope Sternberger can come back in 3 or 4 games).

But, Shepherd should be cut. Hurns (or whoever can be acquired) would take his roster spot, which would be an upgrade. T. Williams can handle fair catch duty on punts and Vitale or Carson can KR.

Jesus Christ guys. He made a couple big plays but just slow the hell down anointing him as the #2 or #3 WR.

Its the ultimate reactionary crazy fan mindset to think a guy should be in a starting role based on 4 catches.

I wouldve thought people wouldve learned after Janis.... I was wrong apparently

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why anyone would expect Allen Hurns to be a significant upgrade over a guy like Allison.

If they're going to make a move, they need to target someone who can actually make a difference.

Sanu would be a much bigger upgrade than Hurns IMO. I'd embrace Hurns as doing 'something better than nothing' type of a deal and he has more experience than Allison, but still he isn't that big of an upgrade otherwise.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys. He made a couple big plays but just slow the hell down anointing him as the #2 or #3 WR.

Its the ultimate reactionary crazy fan mindset to think a guy should be in a starting role based on 4 catches.

I wouldve thought people wouldve learned after Janis.... I was wrong apparently

I brought up Janis as well awhile back. The dude had a big game in a big game...at this moment Lazard has done less even than Janis, let's pump the breaks embrace the signs he exhibited but I'm gonna stop christening folks.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do need a better #2 receiver. I was never very impressed with Allison before this season,but I said "new system,new coaches,maybe he will be better" Runs great routes and has chemistry with Rodgers,but he drops way too many easy catches,but out of nowhere he will make a tough catch.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do need a better #2 receiver. I was never very impressed with Allison before this season,but I said "new system,new coaches,maybe he will be better" Runs great routes and has chemistry with Rodgers,but he drops way too many easy catches,but out of nowhere he will make a tough catch.

Honestly, James Jones was very similar for a time...I'm hoping the flashes we see from him finally click. As you say, he is an excellent route runner.

Members online

Latest posts