"Realistic" WR Discussions...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OBJ's value is overstated given the negatives.

He started going flaky in NY with those ridiculous sideline antics which couldn't have been anything but a team distraction. Who knows what other sh*t was going on in the building. Then he got his trade and big contract. Now he's extending his brand building and adding product placements, getting into it with the league over his wearing that $180,000 watch during preseason. His watch sponsor got some advertising out of it; they might be happy with the investment.

OBJ is a whole poke full of red flags.

His name in the tabloids keeps him relevant, unfortunately, the same went for T.O, Moss at times, Chad Johnson... There must be an algorithm somewhere for agents to tell their players that now is the time to become a diva - it'll mean more money in the long run maybe. I think AB obviously took it too far and cost himself a lot of money, so he's the counterbalance to my theory.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the browns gave up a 1st and 3rd round picks and 2 good players in OG Zeitler an Jabril Peppers (drafted in first round 2 years ago). Not sure what they expect in return, but it will not be anywhere near that.

Maybe this Dave Gettleman will be seen as a genius.

They used the first on Dexter Lawrence who has 2 sacks from DT and certainly looks promising.

Anyway, OBJ can be very impressive but can also disappear for games at a time. Seems a bit of a headcase, but then again AB set a whole new bar for that title.

If we could get him for a 2nd, I would do it. Doubt the browns go for it after the investment they made.
I’m even hesitant about a second for him... but overall agree with your post.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see, Rodgers completed passes to nine different receivers on Sunday while mentioning that he only cares about winning at this point in his career.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-focused-on-wins-not-stats-with-complete-team

Maybe you should stop with the BS to bring up his ego every time you believe something to be wrong about the team.
rodgers says the dal game was his best this season. no doubt it was. from his comments during his presser after that game, that he's "accomplished a lot in this league statistically. i just want to win now", maybe he's come to that realization. it's big if true. maybe it was from watching game film. maybe not having adams accelerated it. maybe it was MLF (i personally hope it was MLF). not holding my breath but maybe there's been a turning point met. :tup:

D

Deleted member 6794

I would trade my first round pick for Beckham. With him the pick is no higher than the 28 spot, probably 31 or 32 though because no one would be able to stop Rodgers with Adams on one side and Beckham on the other.

Just like no team is able to stop the Browns with Landry and OBJ lining up at receiver??? :sneaky:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just like no team is able to stop the Browns with Landry and OBJ lining up at receiver??? :sneaky:

Ok I'm not advocating for obj but that's a terrible comparison. Baker Mayfield is not anywhere close to Aaron Rodgers and Jarvis Landry is even further from Davantae Adams.

The Packers offense would be infinetly harder to stop if Rodgers had another bonifide weapon. However I don't think it would be worth the headache of obj. I'd prefer to say trade for an Emanuel Sanders and then draft a guy high in 2020

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you read the comments above? You’re sure he would love it... despite the fact that he has said exactly the opposite.

https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports...playing-in-arizona-i-wont-be-playing-anywhere
Nice. July of 2018.... you know, a lot can change in the period of time that has passed since he made those comments. Add to that, the possibility of hooking up with Rodgers seemed incredibly remote. Fast Forward to today, and here the Cardinals have to be thinking that they could see some cap relief and additional draft capital with a trade (of a player they probably won't be re-signing next season), plus, Fitzgerald, if approached, may be totally open to the idea. Those comments you referenced were made immediately after he signed an extension.... and have very little credence in this discussion IMO.

Rodgers + Fitzgerald, on a mission to get rings??? All day...

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score

Oh yeah, don't mention inept QB play from Mayfield or the complete lack of anything resembling an actual head coach in CLE.

Anyway, looks like a couple of recent Super Bowl winning teams, PHI and NE, are the teams rumored to be interested. Perhaps they know what they are doing?

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have not seen anything posted on this, but just heard from a friend in the know that Julio Jones is available in trade...

Another hat in the ring.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have not seen anything posted on this, but just heard from a friend in the know that Julio Jones is available in trade...

Another hat in the ring.

If Julio is up for grabs I'd send our first rounder. That would be the ultimate win now move.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah, don't mention inept QB play from Mayfield or the complete lack of anything resembling an actual head coach in CLE.

Anyway, looks like a couple of recent Super Bowl winning teams, PHI and NE, are the teams rumored to be interested. Perhaps they know what they are doing?

Baker is fighting for his life behind that putrid line. It's led to him being erratic with some throws and his accuracy has certainly been in question. I don't think it's entirely his fault though. With a better line, I think he does just fine and appeases everyone who had MASSIVE expectations for that team.

Dorsey and Wolf showing why they were passed over by our organization right now.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. July of 2018.... you know, a lot can change in the period of time that has passed since he made those comments. Add to that, the possibility of hooking up with Rodgers seemed incredibly remote. Fast Forward to today, and here the Cardinals have to be thinking that they could see some cap relief and additional draft capital with a trade (of a player they probably won't be re-signing next season), plus, Fitzgerald, if approached, may be totally open to the idea. Those comments you referenced were made immediately after he signed an extension.... and have very little credence in this discussion IMO.

This discussion has no “credence”. The only thing that has changed is that he is even older. Fitzgerald is not coming to Green Bay.... it’s a miracle he is still playing at all... He is a Cardinal lifer. That being said he is exactly the kind of guy I’d love to have playing for the Packers... for the exact reason that he won’t.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mo Sanu guys... Mo Sanu.
I dig that one too! I’m pretty certain Gutes will bring in another top talent via trade before the deadline.

With Davante Adams down, the scenery has changed and we need to add the best player we can.

Once Adams comes back, it will be insanely cool to have another top WR alongside him, and Rodgers will freaking love it.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This discussion has no “credence”. The only thing that has changed is that he is even older. Fitzgerald is not coming to Green Bay.... it’s a miracle he is still playing at all... He is a Cardinal lifer. That being said he is exactly the kind of guy I’d love to have playing for the Packers... for the exact reason that he won’t.
Dude, I hear you. I’m just thinking there is more of a chance we could add him than many might think. I lived in PHX for 13 years and remember the Cardinals drafting him.

Just tossed the idea out there. Could be cool. We’ll see soon enough. Regardless, I think Rodgers Would love it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Ok I'm not advocating for obj but that's a terrible comparison. Baker Mayfield is not anywhere close to Aaron Rodgers and Jarvis Landry is even further from Davantae Adams.

I agree that Rodgers is a much better quarterback than Mayfield but Landry is an elite receiver. FYI he has by far the most receptions of any player during his first five seasons in NFL history.

I highly doubt there's any chance Fitzgerald is interested in playing for any other team than the Cardinals.

The Browns won't trade OBJ only months after trading for him.

Another hat in the ring.

Geez, don't believe everything you hear. The Falcons would take an additional cap hit of more than $32 million by trading Julio Jones at this point after signing him to an extension this offseason. Not gonna happen.

Dorsey and Wolf showing why they were passed over by our organization right now.

While the Browns haven't performed up to expectations early this season Dorsey and Wolf have done a good job turning the franchise around.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus. I didn't say I believed it, but, came from a reliable source as I had stated... and, if Fitzgerald DOESN'T want to come to GB to have a chance at winning a ring, I wouldn't want him anyway. He can hang out at the pool all he likes... Again, it was just a thought.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree that Rodgers is a much better quarterback than Mayfield but Landry is an elite receiver. FYI he has by far the most receptions of any player during his first five seasons in NFL history.

I highly doubt there's any chance Fitzgerald is interested in playing for any other team than the Cardinals.

The Browns won't trade OBJ only months after trading for him.

Geez, don't believe everything you hear. The Falcons would take an additional cap hit of more than $32 million by trading Julio Jones at this point after signing him to an extension this offseason. Not gonna happen.

While the Browns haven't performed up to expectations early this season Dorsey and Wolf have done a good job turning the franchise around.

I think they should at least crack .500 before we assume that they've turned the ship.

Scotland Yard

Reaction score

So in the above post you mock the Browns' inability to pass the football, adding your snarky imoji for full effect.

And in your very next post you praise the "good job" Dorsey has done.

Dorsey's three biggest moves to date are Mayfield, Beckham and Landry, which you clearly inferred is not working.

It is nice to see you contradicting yourself now just like you do to everyone else around here.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in the above post you mock the Browns' inability to pass the football, adding your snarky imoji for full effect.

And in your very next post you praise the "good job" Dorsey has done.

Dorsey's three biggest moves to date are Mayfield, Beckham and Landry, which you clearly inferred is not working.

It is nice to see you contradicting yourself now just like you do to everyone else around here.

It’s hard to argue that those moves didn’t make the Browns a better team though. Yes it may not be paying off immediately but you can’t fault a GM for bringing in proven players like Odell and Landry.

He also drafted Ward and Chubb. Both of which are very good players. Callaway isn’t bad at receiver either.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dorsey is a very good evaluator of individual talent. I am not sure I think he's a great team builder. And generally, I think he's a piece of ****.

He seems to view dudes who beat on women as his competitive advantage. Sign all the cowardly thugs who like to rough up girls because their value is deflated.

The thing is, when you fill a locker room full of garbage people, you don't end up with a very good complete team.

I've been a doubter of Cleveland's supposed rise to prominence for these reasons. Additionally, their OL sucks, which is a common denominator of offenses that "inexplicably" disappoint.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsey is a very good evaluator of individual talent. I am not sure I think he's a great team builder. And generally, I think he's a piece of ****.

He seems to view dudes who beat on women as his competitive advantage. Sign all the cowardly thugs who like to rough up girls because their value is deflated.

The thing is, when you fill a locker room full of garbage people, you don't end up with a very good complete team.

I've been a doubter of Cleveland's supposed rise to prominence for these reasons. Additionally, their OL sucks, which is a common denominator of offenses that "inexplicably" disappoint.
F YES!!!! Great post and that needed to be said. CLE is going to suck it hard this year. No way around it. Dorsey will be lucky to survive there another 3 years....

Scotland Yard

Reaction score
It’s hard to argue that those moves didn’t make the Browns a better team though. Yes it may not be paying off immediately but you can’t fault a GM for bringing in proven players like Odell and Landry.

He also drafted Ward and Chubb. Both of which are very good players. Callaway isn’t bad at receiver either.

I want to be clear that I never said anything positive or negative about Dorsey.

My post was just pointing out the contradiction between captainWIMM's two posts. CaptainWIMM mocked the Browns' passing game in response to me wanting Beckham in GB if he were to become available. So, WIMM is basically saying it is foolish to covet Beckham for the Packers because he is not producing in CLE. Fine. But, the very next post WIMM praises Dorsey as doing a "good job", even though Dorsey traded a king's ransom for Beckham in the first place. So, Dorsey gets Beckham for a very high price - "good job." I want Beckham in GB - bad idea. You see the hypocrasy?

Anyway, since we're talking about it now, I think you gave a fair opinion and I agree with you about all the moves you mention as being good moves. On the other hand, Dantes' criticizism of Dorsey is accurate, and I agree with him about those negative aspects of Dorsey's decisions.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to be clear that I never said anything positive or negative about Dorsey.

My post was just pointing out the contradiction between captainWIMM's two posts. CaptainWIMM mocked the Browns' passing game in response to me wanting Beckham in GB if he were to become available. So, WIMM is basically saying it is foolish to covet Beckham for the Packers because he is not producing in CLE. Fine. But, the very next post WIMM praises Dorsey as doing a "good job", even though Dorsey traded a king's ransom for Beckham in the first place. So, Dorsey gets Beckham for a very high price - "good job." I want Beckham in GB - bad idea. You see the hypocrasy?

Anyway, since we're talking about it now, I think you gave a fair opinion and I agree with you about all the moves you mention as being good moves. On the other hand, Dantes' criticizism of Dorsey is accurate, and I agree with him about those negative aspects of Dorsey's decisions.
It seems to me that you are taking a general statement about Dorsey’s effectiveness and attempting to prove it is wrong by hammering on a specific point. It is certainly possible to believe that Dorsey has done a good job in general, while also believing that OBJ was a mistake.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Acquiring players and getting hype for the team isn't exactly turning the team around, let alone doing a "good job" at that. The team still needs to win and live up to the hype. Otherwise, they're just the new age Redskins... acquire all the names and do nothing with them.

Latest posts