"Realistic" WR Discussions...

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pr
Oh I apologize. Thank you.
What would you trade for him ?

Probably a 5th. I'd give a 4th for Green (Bengals arent trading him though but he is a guy they should target in the offseason)

In either case though this late in the year I'd wager the actuall impact either would have this year to not nearly be as big as most would suspect this season. It just takes time to learn a playbook and our QB is notorious for not throwing to guys he doesnt know

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pr

Probably a 5th. I'd give a 4th for Green (Bengals arent trading him though but he is a guy they should target in the offseason)
In either case though this late in the year I'd wager the actuall impact impact either would have this year to not nearly be as big as most would suspect this season
AJ is a beast. Very high price tag though at 15M annual. He’s also 1 and done as he’s in a contract year.

I like Sanders also. I think he’d be expensive for his anticipated production though.
Not sure if you knew this, but Sanders total annual yards over the last 2 years average is only about 117 yards more than Devante Parker, which shows a dramatic drop in production since in his 30’s.

Monetary wise, Parker’s contract is 5M annual and lasts through 2020 when he turns 27.. while Sanders is 11M annual and expires this year... he’s also just a short term solution to a long term dilemma but wants stellar $. High monetary risk, medium production reward.

AJ would also be a true dream, but not too sure his contract would be very realistic as far as our Cap and he’d likely command a day 2 draft pick.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ is a beast. Very high price tag though at 15M annual. He’s also 1 and done as he’s in a contract year.

I like Sanders also. I think he’d be expensive for his anticipated production though.
Not sure if you knew this, but Sanders total annual yards over the last 2 years average is only about 117 yards more than Devante Parker, which shows a dramatic drop in production since in his 30’s.

Monetary wise, Parker’s contract is 5M annual and lasts through 2020 when he turns 27.. while Sanders is 11M annual and expires this year... he’s also just a short term solution to a long term dilemma but wants stellar $. High monetary risk, medium production reward.

AJ would also be a true dream, but not too sure his contract would be very realistic as far as our Cap and he’d likely command a day 2 draft pick.

I agree but for many of those reasons I'm not clamoring for a trade as far as AJ is concerned I believe hed be a much better get in the offseason then now without giving up draft capital. With Sanders I like the skillset he would bring to the Packers but yes the cost is once again an issue

Parker may be the most realistic option for an in season deal. I'm with you on that. I'm simply not sold on him (or really most realistic other options) being plug and play difference makers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hell, Jeff Janis might be the #2 or #3 WR in Green Bay right now.

I will give Gute props for using 3 draft picks on WR's in his first draft. However, as of today, only one is playing and is still at least a year if not more away from potentially being consistent and productive. Gute has not done enough for the position IMO. While I understand Gute letting Jordy and Cobb walk, he absolutely fell short on replacing them. TT may have tried to fill the 4-6 spots with development guys, but not 1-3.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or that MVS, Kumerow, Shepherd either couldn't get open OR catch the damn ball? Lazard entered the game and the offense instantly started to move downfield. "Anointing" Lazard to #2 was purely based on game-time production.

MVS has been invisible when Adams isn't there to draw double-coverage. Kumerow has 4 receptions on 6 targets over the 3 games he's been healthy/active. Shepherd has 1 reception on 2 targets with the drop leading to a 10 point swing against the Packers.

Rodgers NEEDS someone to throw to that'll get open AND catch the ball. Go ahead and call Lazard a #6 WR if it helps you sleep better, but if AR is comfortable and confident throwing to him he, IMHO, is a #2 or #3 right now.

I mean, on the prior play to Lizard's TD, MVS was WIDE OPEN down the seam. Guys are getting open, but you can't expect Rodgers to see every read.

H

HardRightEdge

Allen Hurns would be a good example. He accrued 1600 yards as a receiver for a
Jags team that went a collective 8-24 over two seasons.

On a much better Dallas roster, he was an after thought.

But I am talking generally, because I don't have specifics. I haven't watched Parker specifically since he was playing with Bridgewater at Louisville. And I seriously doubt many Packers fans have seen much of him either.

So generally, a player moving from a bad team to a good team doesn't necessarily boost that player's stats. It might! But you can't treat it like a formula. It doesn't work that way.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not crapping on anyone's idea. I'm just agreeing with Ryder that we don't know for certain that Parker would immediately be a more productive player in Green Bay simply because Miami is bad.
With Hurns and Parker, accumulated injuries may be more of a factor than their QBs.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/allen-hurns/7117

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/devante-parker/7210

The affect may be mental as well as physical, the ability to play with fearlessness.

H

HardRightEdge

I mean, on the prior play to Lizard's TD, MVS was WIDE OPEN down the seam. Guys are getting open, but you can't expect Rodgers to see every read.
Rodgers was looking at MVS off the snap. He had press man coverage on a vertical route and single-high safety. MVS got his feet tangled with corner about 2 yards off the line of scrimage and started to stumble at which point Rodgers looked off him to go the other way. As it so happens, MVS regained his feet while the corner fell down at which point Rodgers eyes were on the other side of the field.

It's not sufficient to see a guy breaking open upon replay to blame the QB. The receiver has to be breaking open on time in the progression. Though not in this case, there are also instances of complaints where a guy breaks open after the QB has committed to another throw like the INt to MVS in the Philly game.

There have been instances of Rodgers passing up short throws in front of him for the deep ball going back forever, even to 122 passer rating seasons. Perhaps once the idea has been established the inclination is to see ghosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s nonsense. He’s a starter within 2-3 weeks of stepping off the plane. Then he’s the definitive #2 guy within a month of that (I’m being cautious because of the new system but probably he’d be our #1 until Adams was back) This isn’t a Rookie mid round draft pick or a UDFA in his sophomore year. He’d pass MVS on the depth chart after his first big game, which would very likely be within a month.
MVS has promise, but he needs more polishing and he’s absolutely not the dominant 2nd year #2 WR you insinuate. Your kind of thinking at WR is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place.

People said the same crap about Darrius Heyward Bey and Kevin White. Parker has been all potential but little production. If you want an overrated injury prone receiver who people think he's good because he was drafted high, then he's your guy. 13 catches in 5 games this year. What a stud! And spare me on the 'he's had no qb' rebuttal. He's never hit 60 catches in 4 years with average qb play in Tannehill/Cutler.

Just because it's a different face doesn't mean he'll make the offense better. I'm for a trade/upgrade but DeVante is all hype.

Reaction score
People said the same crap about Darrius Heyward Bey and Kevin White. Parker has been all potential but little production. If you want an overrated injury prone receiver who people think he's good because he was drafted high, then he's your guy. 13 catches in 5 games this year. What a stud! And spare me on the 'he's had no qb' rebuttal. He's never hit 60 catches in 4 years with average qb play in Tannehill/Cutler.

Just because it's a different face doesn't mean he'll make the offense better. I'm for a trade/upgrade but DeVante is all hype.
you seem to have all the answers. we’re listening.
Who is a legitimate #2 WR we can trade for immediately and justify exactly what is you would trade for him. Quit dancing around the subject, the trade deadline is here. You said you’d trade. Trade who for who? And don’t copy someone else’s idea, there’s plenty of players out there. Pick one.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they keep putting more and more together, I don't think they're trading for anyone

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, some solid play by Graham and the WR's today, but I give #12 and the OL as much, if not more of the credit. Getting #17 back will really help this offense, but I would still prefer to see them go out and trade for a proven #2 WR.

The good news out of the day, all the receivers seemed to make a nice play or 2 on offense, which may translate into some of these younger guys, trusting the process and gain more confidence. I also saw Graham and Rodgers come together after JG's TD in what looked like a "OK, there we got it going, lets keep this up" moment. Beautifully drawn up play on the JG TD.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh, I"d love someone too, but i' not sure I see attractive stuff out there. Sanders maybe? Atlanta is dun, so Sanu maybe. They'll be trimming contracts and hiring a new coach in the offseason I think for a clean slate so maybe they try and trade some now and get shiny new picks.

I don't know that I want AJ Green. He's not going to be our underneath and across the middle guy and that's kind of what we need.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a side note and in a shocking development, J'Mon Moore is still out there and is still a free agent. No one ever picked him up. Wonder why? :) :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
On a side note and in a shocking development, J'Mon Moore is still out there and is still a free agent. No one ever picked him up. Wonder why? :) :)

I actually kind of think Sanu could come in and be what they drafted J'mon Moore to be.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think adams absence has kinda been a blessing in disguise. it's force rodgers to look elsewhere and it's shown the importance of ball control passing. the first down is a good thing.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you seem to have all the answers. we’re listening.
Who is a legitimate #2 WR we can trade for immediately and justify exactly what is you would trade for him. Quit dancing around the subject, the trade deadline is here. You said you’d trade. Trade who for who? And don’t copy someone else’s idea, there’s plenty of players out there. Pick one.

You have got to be a relative or close friend of DaVante Parker.

To answer your question, there are no good options if you are looking for a #2 receiver. Sanders and Sanu are more of a 3rd receiver and wouldn't trade anything higher than a 5th for, AJ Green would definitely be that guy but what Cincinnati is asking for return is unrealistic, and your BFF Parker hasn't proven anything so I have no idea what I'd consider him as. Sure as hell not a #2. I don't think I'd bring in Dez because like all of these guys it'll take some time to get adapted to the offense/Rodgers. Just my two cents, the passing game looked pretty damn good today without Adams.

IF and only IF Sanders, Sanu, and MAYBE Parker would be accepted for a 5th, I'm fine pulling the trigger then. Just curious, did you want Adams off the team in 2015? I was almost there and it would have been a giant mistake. MVS giving a full opportunity like Adams can be a good #2.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I like Lazard as much as the next guy. Exciting player. But this is like banging our head against a wall as our solution at WR #2.

There’s 2 types of posters in here. Those of us that want to move forward by going after a fix. .. and those of them that want to be critical of every option presented our of fear I suppose (the weak and easy position). But being critical doesn’t fix our #1 biggest weakness. I just want to see more ideas with reasonable arguments, not these posters dancing around wasting precious time. The deadline is almost here. I’m starting to feel like I’m on one of those business partner reality shows and my parter is slack jaw and time is running out!! Lol.

The fact you think there are only two schools of thought when it comes to bringing in a receiver tells me you have somewhat of a skewed perspective. Have you considered what's on the market isn't great? The Bengals are asking for way too much for Green so that's not happening. The question isn't would we like a better and more proven #2 because we all would, the question is is it worth bringing in just a league average player who may or may not be the #2 guy? In my opinion it's moronic to trade a first or even second day pick for Parker, Sanu, or Sanders considering it is entirely possible MVS is better than those 3 in this offense. Those 3 are just ok players.

Reaction score
:rolleyes::tup:
You have got to be a relative or close friend of DaVante Parker.
No I’m not for the record. But you seem to be his nemesis for no apparent reason, which is peculiar. He’s not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be,,especially for less than 8M for both this year and next. That tells me you have another angle. Still trying to figure out what that is. But I have hunch.
The Bengals are asking for way too much for Green so that's not happening.
He’s not even close to being a good fit. He’s a #1 to start with and would clearly and with zero doubt command resources we wouldn’t have.., AND we wouldn’t part with if we did. The only way that happens is if Davante Adams is out permanently. That’s a complete fantasy idea and not at all in any way, shape or form a smart business decision. His name really shouldn’t even come up IMO as a player fit. It’s a far more ridiculous idea than any named Parker. But it tells me exactly what I needed to know about your thought process. You have zero answers, thanks for enlightening us. I know I feel much better:tdown:

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No I’m not for the record. But you seem to be his nemesis for no apparent reason, which is peculiar. He’s not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be. That tells me you have another angle. Still trying to figure out what that is. But I have hunch.

He’s not even close to being a good fit. He’s a #1 to start with and would clearly and with zero doubt command resources we wouldn’t have.., AND I’m we wouldn’t part with if we did. The only way that happens is if Davante Adams is out permanently. That’s a complete fantasy idea and not at all in any way, shape or form a smart business decision. His name really shouldn’t even come up IMO as a player fit. It’s a far more ridiculous idea than any named Parker. But it tells me exactly what I needed to know about your thought process. You have zero answers, which are worse than any player you could’ve backed.

Ope! There you go being critical of other people's ideas. Can't have that now Oldschool ;).

The Packers are actively monitoring this forum and have agreed to play better the nicer we are to one another.

Reaction score
Ope! There you go being critical of other people's ideas. Can't have that now Oldschool ;).

The Packers are actively monitoring this forum and have agreed to play better the nicer we are to one another.
What comes around goes around.. Always found it funny how people who can dish it can’t take it. But thank you fir playing :whistling:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:rolleyes::tup:
No I’m not for the record. But you seem to be his nemesis for no apparent reason, which is peculiar. He’s not nearly as horrible as you make him out to be,,especially for less than 8M for both this year and next. That tells me you have another angle. Still trying to figure out what that is. But I have hunch.

He’s not even close to being a good fit. He’s a #1 to start with and would clearly and with zero doubt command resources we wouldn’t have.., AND we wouldn’t part with if we did. The only way that happens is if Davante Adams is out permanently. That’s a complete fantasy idea and not at all in any way, shape or form a smart business decision. His name really shouldn’t even come up IMO as a player fit. It’s a far more ridiculous idea than any named Parker. But it tells me exactly what I needed to know about your thought process. You have zero answers, thanks for enlightening us. I know I feel much better:tdown:

You have a hunch about what specifically?

Your second reply makes no sense as you must have misread what I said about AJ Green. I agree it's not going to happen.

'You have zero answers'. I answered your question. I gave you a full 2 post explanation about what I wanted. It's cool if you can't comprehend paragraphs, but don't try to act smarter than you are when you aren't even reading what I post. Maybe you are reading it, you just can't comprehend what I'm saying?..

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts