"Realistic" WR Discussions...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing Ryan Grant is a realistic option :)

Yeah he's on the time but I highly doubt he provides much. Although he could be better than Allison who is 100% just a guy. And beyond that just a guy who if the Packers cut wouldn't be picked up by any other team. It's really proven to have been a mistake putting EQ on ir during the preseason instead of waiting til after the cutdown to 53 so he could have returned this season. He is a legitimate nfl wr.

Anyways I think a realistic option as a trade candidate should be OJ Howard. He's young still on his rookie deal and could step in as the unquestioned starter in 2020 while providing a boost to both the run and pass game during the stretch run in 2019. I was hoping he'd end up a packer on draft day and I'd give up a nice pick to get him now

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Grant is going to be any savior or anything, we're just low on bodies this week. I bet Allison is out, Shepherd isn't ready for the lights on offense, Adams probably isn't playing. Hard to go into a game with MVS (who I think didn't practice yesterday either so?) Kumerow, Lazard and who else?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's really proven to have been a mistake putting EQ on ir during the preseason instead of waiting til after the cutdown to 53 so he could have returned this season. He is a legitimate nfl wr.

Although, I too was disappointed when the Packers put EQ on IR before the 53, to end his season, I don't think it would have made much of a difference in the WR corp for this season, even if he had been able to come back. EQ is pretty much just another MVS, Allison, Lazard, Shepherd, Kumerow. The potential is there, but he needs at least another season to improve. I might be removing Allison and Kumerow from that group soon and just call them both "UDFA WR's that didn't pan out".

If we were 3-3 or worse, I really wouldn't be all that bothered by the current state of the WR group, my mind would be in rebuild and developing the young guys is good. However, we are 5-1 and I firmly believe this team has a legit chance to continue winning, but they need Adams healthy and at least one more higher end WR/TE to really put themselves in the conversation of possible SB.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think Grant is going to be any savior or anything, we're just low on bodies this week. I bet Allison is out, Shepherd isn't ready for the lights on offense, Adams probably isn't playing. Hard to go into a game with MVS (who I think didn't practice yesterday either so?) Kumerow, Lazard and who else?

It's going to be an interesting lineup at WR on Sunday. If Adams and Allison are out, we may see MVS (if he can go), Kumerow and Lazard as the 3 main WR's. Shepherd will also get a lot of playing time and potentially Grant will be rotated in, depending on how quickly he gets up to speed.

Odd that the Packers have 3 WR's on a their 10 man practice squad, Hatcher, Ento and Taylor and it would appear by the signing of Grant, none of them are ready for Prime Time.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be an interesting lineup at WR on Sunday. If Adams and Allison are out, we may see MVS (if he can go), Kumerow and Lazard as the 3 main WR's. Shepherd will also get a lot of playing time and potentially Grant will be rotated in, depending on how quickly he gets up to speed.

Odd that the Packers have 3 WR's on a their 10 man practice squad, Hatcher, Ento and Taylor and it would appear by the signing of Grant, none of them are ready for Prime Time.

Ento is a CB.

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what you mean by "back heavy"? Are you talking about a 2021 5th year option? That could be pricey, but the remainder of this season and next, would totally be affordable.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/corey-davis-21746/

I actually think due to his age and upside, even though the Titans aren't looking good this season, they probably aren't going to part with him and even if they would, they would want a really high draft pick (#1 or #2) to do so.
Oh. It looks like they staggered his contract to have a heavier hit years 3-4. Maybe I’m not reading that correctly? I say that because he’s fully guaranteed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh. It looks like they staggered his contract to have a heavier hit years 3-4. Maybe I’m not reading that correctly? I say that because he’s fully guaranteed.

Right and not sure how all of his guarantees work when it comes to him being traded. Guessing when it all shook out, he would still be a bargain for the next 1 1/2 seasons.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like one whose number starts with an 8... All 4 of the WRs healthy and practicing today have numbers that start with 1.

Reaction score
Right and not sure how all of his guarantees work when it comes to him being traded. Guessing when it all shook out, he would still be a bargain for the next 1 1/2 seasons.
I’d be happy with anyone on that list. Whoever they thought was the best value and fit would be completely fine by me. As for their jersey number.. They can wear their underwear inside out. idk :eek:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have the NFL's top graded WR from Week 6 according to PFF. We should be fine...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’d be happy with anyone on that list. Whoever they thought was the best value and fit would be completely fine by me. As for their jersey number.. They can wear their underwear inside out. idk :eek:

Agreed. There is a guy down in Atlanta with the #1 twice in his jersey, I would be just fine having him starting on Sunday for the Packers :D

The more I think about the situation at WR, the more I am convincing myself, the Packers really should be actively pursing a #2 WR via a trade. Even with Adams healthy, they absolutely need more at the position. Without him healthy, MVS hobbled, Allison probably out, they are on life support at the position.

Hell, I would even be ecstatic if I heard Jordy was on his way to Green Bay to dust off his cleats.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm seriously wondering about younger talent that may be available for higher picks, or multiple picks. Seems some of these teams near the bottom of their divisional standings may want more draft capital, and might be interested in parting with a WR to augment their 2020 drafts for the right price:

1. DJ Chark JAX
2. Calvin Ridley ATL
3. Chris Goodwin TB
4. Chris Conley JAX
5. Mike Williams LAC
6. Corey Davis TEN
7. AJ Brown TEN

Some highly thought of WRs in that list, but, for the right price, maybe one of them would becomes available. I'd be willing to spend some draft capital now to add a top young talent, right now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm seriously wondering about younger talent that may be available for higher picks, or multiple picks. Seems some of these teams near the bottom of their divisional standings may want more draft capital, and might be interested in parting with a WR to augment their 2020 drafts for the right price:

1. DJ Chark JAX
2. Calvin Ridley ATL
3. Chris Goodwin TB
4. Chris Conley JAX
5. Mike Williams LAC
6. Corey Davis TEN
7. AJ Brown TEN

Some highly thought of WRs in that list, but, for the right price, maybe one of them would becomes available. I'd be willing to spend some draft capital now to add a top young talent, right now.

I would strike Chark, Ridley, Godwin, and Brown from this list. Young, ascending players on rookie contracts are the exact types of players than struggling teams want to keep.

Conley, Davis, and Williams are more realistic, though I wouldn't be interested in Williams.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thinking on it was "for the right price." Some of these teams may in fact be interested in moving a player like that for the right draft capital. I know exactly what you are saying, but for a team in total rebuild mode, another team paying more than what they spent in terms of pick(s) could possibly be swayed. I mean, you're bringing common sense to the table, and a lot of teams just do not have that. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

H

HardRightEdge

1. DJ Chark JAX
2. Calvin Ridley ATL
3. Chris Goodwin TB
4. Chris Conley JAX
5. Mike Williams LAC
6. Corey Davis TEN
7. AJ Brown TEN

The last players a team will want to trade when contemplating a reload or rebuild are the ones that are productive-or-better with a year or more left on cheap rookie deals? There are precisely the guys you need to build off off.

Perhaps the most extreme case would be Chark, who is putting up Pro Bowl numbers with two more years left on that cheap deal. What would you have to give up to swing that trade? Godwin (with one "o") is also putting up Pro Bowl numbers with one more year on that cheap deal.

I don't know what you'd need to offer but a 1st. round pick wouldn't get you in the ballpark.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My thinking on it was "for the right price." Some of these teams may in fact be interested in moving a player like that for the right draft capital. I know exactly what you are saying, but for a team in total rebuild mode, another team paying more than what they spent in terms of pick(s) could possibly be swayed. I mean, you're bringing common sense to the table, and a lot of teams just do not have that. Just throwing it out there as a possibility.

Can you give me examples of teams trading highly successful picks from day one or two, halfway through their rookie or sophomore seasons?

Reaction score
I think we could lure Devante Parker here.

The combo of the Davante + Devante would be strong.
I see him as a true #2, which is precisely what we need. He’s not expensive. We’d have him through 2020 at 5M annual. He’s affordable and I believe Rodgers would lift his production into a formidable range.

Davante, Devante, MVS, Lazard, Grant, etc..

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can make the " they could trade him for the right price" argument for literally any player in the league

It should be more like "would the asking price be in an area that a team would reasonably consider"

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could lure Devante Parker here.

The combo of the Davante + Devante would be strong.
I see him as a true #2, which is precisely what we need. He’s not expensive. We’d have him through 2020 at 5M annual. He’s affordable and I believe Rodgers would lift his production into a formidable range.

Davante, Devante, MVS, Lazard, Grant, etc..

Someone needs to explain to me why they think D Parker is any good

Members online

Latest posts