RB Morency

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the chances that Morency will be able to start all the games this season? My choice is a 20% chance he will be able to do so.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with that. Either that, or he'll be able to start 20-30% of the games this season.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that right now Morency is the best we got. I think he is going to have to miss a few with injuries. Out of the 16 games we play, I think he will start around 7. Most likely not all in a row.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as long as Jackson proves he can run the ball well he will be the starter. Picking up blitzes won't get him on the bench in my opinion. It's just a flaw the Pack will have to live with. Meaning Morency won't start a game in my opinion.

However I did read Morency had a heck of an off season so maybe when he gets back he'll continue with that.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think as long as Jackson proves he can run the ball well he will be the starter. Picking up blitzes won't get him on the bench in my opinion. It's just a flaw the Pack will have to live with. Meaning Morency won't start a game in my opinion.

However I did read Morency had a heck of an off season so maybe when he gets back he'll continue with that.

Do you think that he is going to stay healthy all year? Or do you think even if Jackson does get hurt that it will be Herron will be the #2 RB?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we're going to see a lot more of a two-back system then the Packers let on. Morency seems more likely to be the work-horse back, although Jackson will definitely see a lot more action than a 3rd down back would.

Assuming Vernand can actually stay healthy after coming back from this knee injury, I would have to think he's going to get more of the carries, although mostly say 60/40 at best.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mo starting all the games?

Well, likely 0%

I am sure he will miss a game or two, or coach McCarthy might want to give Jackson or Herron a nod to see how they step up,etc.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Do you think that he is going to stay healthy all year? Or do you think even if Jackson does get hurt that it will be Herron will be the #2 RB?

It seems like at least once or twice a year you have to get through a game with a running back either hurt or not at 100%. It's just part of the position. I think Jackson can play in all 16 games but injuries might slow him down for a few games.

I don't really know if he can stay healthy all year. Injuries can happen anytime to anyone. If he does go down then Herron would be our #2. Jackson, Morency, and Herron is how I see the depth chart and I think all 3 are going to see time early on.

If the offensive line improves enough then the Packers should be okay with either duo back there. If the offensive line doesn't improve much then they are in trouble. So to me most of the running game is on the o-line but I like I said in another thread, I want Jackson to emerge as the big play guy for the Pack out of the backfield.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I just don't see Morency being a real threat with his history of being constantly knicked up. And it appears it's always something different although I suppose that's not all bad. What about Wynn? He has some size and supposedly speed. Could be a cannon ball type. Haven't heard anything from training camp on any progress he's made.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think we will have a bad season regarding RB´s I dont expect Morency nor BJ to get more than 300-400 yards, I wont be surprised to find both on IR before week 5 or 6.... Just my 2 cents..

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I think we will have a bad season regarding RB´s I dont expect Morency nor BJ to get more than 300-400 yards, I wont be surprised to find both on IR before week 5 or 6.... Just my 2 cents..

This is one of the more ridiculous statements I've heard here in a while. Not only do you leave out why both will be terrible (injuries do not count), you also fail to mention someone that will step up. You basically cut our total run yards in half without any details or facts.

I am hoping Morency can carry half the load. His ypc was decent last year, granted it was behind Ahman. But if Jackson and Morency are splitting time, I don't see why this would drop too much. We will have more answers after the first couple of preseason games.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

This is one of the more ridiculous statements I've heard here in a while. Not only do you leave out why both will be terrible (injuries do not count), you also fail to mention someone that will step up. You basically cut our total run yards in half without any details or facts.

I am hoping Morency can carry half the load. His ypc was decent last year, granted it was behind Ahman. But if Jackson and Morency are splitting time, I don't see why this would drop too much. We will have more answers after the first couple of preseason games.

Team won't win 4 games if what he says happens. I also think it's a very ridiculous statement considering then I would have to question the offensive line but reports conflict that as they appear to look solid. I think both Morency and Jackson run for 650 yards this season.

I think the main goal for the Pack is to finish higher in rushing than they did last year. If they do that then they at least did a decent job.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And I thought I was negative.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
With how secretive the Packers are being about Morency's injury, do you think they are clouding it for a reason? For say, because of a potential trade?

I'm not saying they ARE, I'm just throwing it out there.

If other teams new our 'projected' starter at HB was injured, they'd know the Packers are in a bit of a squeeze and could cost the Packers in the trade.

Before the injury they may have been able get only a 4th rd for the player to be traded where as if they know Morency is out for a month or more, the ball is in their court and they can say we want a 3rd rd or nothing.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
With how secretive the Packers are being about Morency's injury, do you think they are clouding it for a reason? For say, because of a potential trade?

I'm not saying they ARE, I'm just throwing it out there.

If other teams new our 'projected' starter at HB was injured, they'd know the Packers are in a bit of a squeeze and could cost the Packers in the trade.

Before the injury they may have been able get only a 4th rd for the player to be traded where as if they know Morency is out for a month or more, the ball is in their court and they can say we want a 3rd rd or nothing.

That is a good point, but if that is the case it would be to the Packers best interest to navigate and complete the trade quickly or the jig would be up.

As much as I think it makes sense to pull off a trade, I just don't see the Packers doing anything. KC is desperate for pass rushers off the edge, we are at a position of strength there. KC also needs some OL people, which we don't have much quality depth past probably 6 to 7 guys.

San Diego... can you imagine KGB comming off one side and Merriman off the other in that 3-4.... yikes. KGB would be a liability in coverage but in terms of pass rush... bring the pain.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if were talking trade... i like michael turners potential and all, but also find it scary that we really dont know anything about him. could just be a great offensive line and not to mention the back hes running behind.

also i hate the idea of making san diego stronger defensively... the last thing we need to do is help create a dynasty behind one of the best running backs ever.

KC however.... we could give away a DT and a 4th rounder. and get a more proven albeit disgruntled RB in LJ. And giving them players wont hurt cause they arent even close to a great team right now.

All that pretty much goes for nothing as i think LJ will have to agree to a deal first and i dont think we would pay him as much as he would want....
and MT will likely not be traded.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a lot better chance that Morency will start every game and get every carry than there is of the Packers making any sort of major moves to shore up the position yet this offseason/season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a lot better chance that Morency will start every game and get every carry than there is of the Packers making any sort of major moves to shore up the position yet this offseason/season.

I agree. I also think IF the Pack were to pick someone up it would be off of someone's final roster cut downs. Like they did when they claimed Jarrett Bush last year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I completely agree. I wasn't throwing that out there as a 'major' trade though. I was throwing it out there as merely any trade. Thanks.

Members online

Latest posts