Randy Moss a Packer???

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, but I'm sure players say that everywhere whether they mean it or not.

Reaction score
To be honest Yercell, I've seen more support for signing K-Rob than not. While there are those who are passionate against it (and they raise some very valid points and issues), the majority of the people seem to like the signing, and view it as a low risk/high reward signing.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good, cause we certainly need the help, and I'm sure he could use it too.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YERCELL said:
porky88 said:
When he left Minnesota he left what he thought was a downhill team for an up and coming Raider team.

He was traded, so it doesn't matter what "he thought", he had no choice.

It's well known Moss helped his way out of Minnesota. I'm sure if Moss wanted to stay in Minnesota he would be a Viking right now. He wanted out of Minnesota because of numerous of things. Such as Mike Tice and the ownership.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss is one of those guys who can be great if you accept that you got to stroke his ego and make use of him. As for a lot of the people in GB who hate him it's for the same reason Bears and Vikes fans hate Brett. I don't always agree with some of his statements but I also remember that the media can always make things sound way worse to make a big story. Moss is just a guy if the media takes his words out of context he figures screw them and doesn't bother straightning things out even though it would make him look a lot better to the people

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Wow, I'm amazed how many people around here would like Randy Moss to be a Packer. He is more mature than he used to be, but that's not saying a whole lot. And he's not as bad as T.O., but that's not saying a whole lot, either. He's a crybaby, and he quits on routes. He rubbed his butt on the goalpoast at Lambeau Field. It would be very bad karma for the Packers to sign him. The Koren Robinson signing was puzzling, but signing Moss would be truly disturbing, at least to me.

I'll explaing my reason.

Number 1, if we trade A-Rod for Moss it obviously means Favre will commit to another couple of years which would be great news for me. He is one of the main reasons i look forward to football sunday and the only reason i got Directv NFL package.

Number 2, with Moss, we have a chance to make the playoffs this year and superbowl the two years after that.

As far as the guys attitude. He is a primadona receiver just like many receivers. See Chad Johnson, T.O. Sterling Sharpe, Andre Rison, Javon Walker, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn and many others.

Bottom line, the guy has skills and he knows it and he really doesnt care what anyone thinks about him and when he has a good QB to throw to him, more than backs it up. We had a chance to draft him and we picked Jamal Reynolds i believe. We would have picked up at least one or 2 more superbowls if we had drafted him instead. Lets not make the same mistake twice.

By the way, in his 7 or 8 years in the league. I dont believe he has been arested once. I dont believe he has been suspended for illegal substances or anything. He speaks his mind and he wants the ball and wants to win. He spoke up a couple of weeks ago about wanting to be a team leader but the coaching situation in Oakland does not allow players to take those roles or something like that. The guy wants to win, be involved and to be a leader. That sounds like packer people to me.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Greg C. said:
Wow, I'm amazed how many people around here would like Randy Moss to be a Packer. He is more mature than he used to be, but that's not saying a whole lot. And he's not as bad as T.O., but that's not saying a whole lot, either. He's a crybaby, and he quits on routes. He rubbed his butt on the goalpoast at Lambeau Field. It would be very bad karma for the Packers to sign him. The Koren Robinson signing was puzzling, but signing Moss would be truly disturbing, at least to me.

I'll explaing my reason.

Number 1, if we trade A-Rod for Moss it obviously means Favre will commit to another couple of years which would be great news for me. He is one of the main reasons i look forward to football sunday and the only reason i got Directv NFL package.

Number 2, with Moss, we have a chance to make the playoffs this year and superbowl the two years after that.

As far as the guys attitude. He is a primadona receiver just like many receivers. See Chad Johnson, T.O. Sterling Sharpe, Andre Rison, Javon Walker, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn and many others.

Bottom line, the guy has skills and he knows it and he really doesnt care what anyone thinks about him and when he has a good QB to throw to him, more than backs it up. We had a chance to draft him and we picked Jamal Reynolds i believe. We would have picked up at least one or 2 more superbowls if we had drafted him instead. Lets not make the same mistake twice.

By the way, in his 7 or 8 years in the league. I dont believe he has been arested once. I dont believe he has been suspended for illegal substances or anything. He speaks his mind and he wants the ball and wants to win. He spoke up a couple of weeks ago about wanting to be a team leader but the coaching situation in Oakland does not allow players to take those roles or something like that. The guy wants to win, be involved and to be a leader. That sounds like packer people to me.

Didn't he hit a cop with his car or something? I remember that was a few years back, but I could be wrong. Moss would be an okay addition. But to be honest, I would much rather see a DB signing. I think the reason people were for the Koren signing was because he filled the KR position and depth at WR at virtually no liability.

Moss is two years younger than Driver (29). I think if we were to sign him, give him a one or two year signing to prove himself. The problem will be that he will want the contract to be on his terms.

Do many people think the Moss trade will happen? Probably not. But we are 1-4, it's a bye week, and have nothing else better to talk about.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hope he becomes a Packer so then he can wipe his *** on Lambeau's goalposts 8 times a year instead of just once. No seriously, would you guys forgive him for that desicration(sp?) of your home field just like the Cowboys fans have seemed to have forgiven T.O. for the "Star" incident? I would however, like to see the Bears and Tillman get to kick his *** and "own" him twice a season again though.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flapackfan said:
Greg C. said:

I'll explaing my reason.

:roll: Do you really think Favre is going to play for"a couple of more years"? I just don't see that happening and all that will do is prolong the Packers rebuilding era.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got Koren Robinson and although he has behaved so far, his history indicates that won't continue. We also have Woodson who hasn't been anything close to what I would have expected him to be. My point is that of course we want good players, but we also want good character too. Moss was nothing but trouble in Minnesota. He was a great player for sure, but I don't want any more of that type of character. Moss is too much like TO. Players of that caliber are too self-centered and they just have to have all the attention on them. These are not team players and they just don't help you get where you want to go.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One players on offense that needs extra attention could make a huge difference. In Chicago, with the play of Berrian this year, teams are having to adjust. THerefore, now the tight ends and other receivers are able to also step up. I believe it is a trickle down effect.

If Farve would commit to another year, I think that Moss may be ok in GB. Moss, Driver, Jennings. not bad.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
A poster on the ESPN Forums had posted this..

The 2 hosts on the Madison ESPN radio show have said the Packers are in talks with the Raiders for Randy Moss..

According to the radio hosts it is going to be A-Rod and or draft pick..

Do not know if these guys are trust worthy, or even if the poster in the forum is..

I know this is a rumor and everything, but let's just pretend this actually happens.

If so, I have 2 questions:
1) Will Favre play 3 more years after this? If so, then it could be justified,
2) How good is Ingle Martin? Is he good enough to start in the NFL if Favre retires?

That said, I'd rather have a really good Safety or a DL that actually gets sacks (besides Kampman). Our D is our weakness, not our offense. By the end of the season, don't be surprised if the last eight games, we start averaging 28 points a game. Our O is starting to get momentum, but our D is awful and I don't expect it to get any better this year.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
lol a bear fan from oregon, I thought that oregon was all about da ducks

You do know that college football and the NFL are two different things right? Even though the Ducks would probably throttle the Packers in their current state. :D The Ducks are a good team but they lost one to Cal(the other Bears) and the Ducks colors are horrid. :wink:

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss will not be traded during the season.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Oakland Raiders WR Jerry Porter will not be traded during the season.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend, ESPN's Chris Mortenson also reported that Jim Bates would be the Packers head coach. This topic and those "reports" need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a fun little rumor that's not happening. I'm sure Moss would love to have Favre throwing to him and Brett would love a WR of his talent to throw it up to. But TT wouldn't make such a deal unless it would be real cheap, and there's no way Moss gets moved cheaply.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
A poster on the ESPN Forums had posted this..

The 2 hosts on the Madison ESPN radio show have said the Packers are in talks with the Raiders for Randy Moss..

According to the radio hosts it is going to be A-Rod and or draft pick..

Do not know if these guys are trust worthy, or even if the poster in the forum is..

WOW................

almost 5 months ago I posted this, and now look..

fun to see what people thought of it all back then

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bump!!!

I want people to see replys to this subject from when it 1st mentioned in october

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss a Packer??? this is from October!!

Packers | Jennings would support a trade for Moss
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:56:18 -0700

Adam Schein, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings would support a trade for Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss. Jennings said in an interview he would benefit from Moss' experience and from the attention Moss commands from opposing defenses on the field. Jennings also said the players have discussed the possibility of acquiring Moss and believe he would fit well in the locker room. "I would think Randy would fit in our locker room. And we have obviously discussed this among each other," Jennings said. "Anytime you have a guy who can come in and be a huge addition to your team, if you play with Brett, you are going to step your game up to play with him."

dunno if this has been posted

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Randy Moss a Packer??? this is from October!!

Hmm, a trade for Moss? This is new!

Oh, and I am sticking with what I said except that DB deal. Woodson wasn't playing that well yet. I would rather go for a solid running back.

Members online

Latest posts