Randall Cobb Listened To God, Not Mccarthy, In Returning Kickoff...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, with Slocum's unit on the field, it was a mistake. But the kid is special. Both big plays he made, he missed the assignment on those.

I've said before, he needs to learn how to run routes, he ran the wrong one in the TD, luckily Rodgers identified it quickly. If it was Cutler out there, 100% it would be an int.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude's going to be a special player. He already kept James Jones off the field. He'll be a more than capable replacement for Driver once he decides to hang it up.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right! It was. Wasn't it?
Yup, called pretending to be God, asking him to come to GB.

White thought it was so funny and witty (glad he didn't think of that as an offense to his religion and took it lightly) that he joked in his presser that God had told him to come to Green Bay.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yup, called pretending to be God, asking him to come to GB.

White thought it was so funny and witty (glad he didn't think of that as an offense to his religion and took it lightly) that he joked in his presser that God had told him to come to Green Bay.

That was an ingenious sales pitch on Holmgren's part.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think God was telling all the free agents to go to Philly this year. Or was that Money. I dunno. Some people worship money like a God.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The joke up here was that when Reggie heard "God" telling him to come to Green Bay, he was astounded at how God sounded just.....like.... Sara White.

There were a lot of zeroes (at the time) on that contract

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad to have another christian player on the team
Absolutely.
It's amazing... not only does Teddy find diamonds in the rough, like Jennings, Tramon, Collins, but they're also great people, solid Christians. Almost along the line of what Lombardi looked for back in the glory years.

It's getting harder to find good citizens and avoid the criminals. But aside from Johnny Jolly, I think Ted has done a phenomenal job.

If you follow Twitter, you see a lot of scripture posted by Packers, CJ Wilson, Mike Neal, Tramon, Collins, Jennings, etc.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, in all fairness to money, it does bring you comfort, mobility, style, enjoyment, security, and well-being in general... ;)

True..true. Some handle money well. Others it makes shallow, greedy, **********.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corn Cobb should have just said Lombardi told him to. I mean would anyone question that?

wait, God, Lombardi, same thing right?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Corn Cobb should have just said Lombardi told him to. I mean would anyone question that?

wait, God, Lombardi, same thing right?
Depends.

One line of thought thinks that Lombardi is not God, but rather send by him to do his work. Another thinks that both are the same...

(if anyone feels offended by this joke, I'll edit it, but I don't intend any harm to anyone's beliefs.)