Cobb Returns

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Cobb is healthy & can give the offense 15-20 snaps/game in playoffs in 4WR sets. Can't take Lazard off the field much because of blocking & AR's trust. Can't take MVS out as he needs to stretch the field.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I say offer a one year extension to his contract splitting the 9M in half possible of 4.5M each year and guarantee like 2M-3M a year. Fair and reasonable.
There's no way he is worth that. Not even close. I don't think that is fair or reasonable for his output this season and then they would be on the hook for $4.5 million for two years. If they keep him it would have to be for like $2 million at the most and for one season. Tear up the old contract completely. I just don't see it happening.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way he is worth that. Not even close. I don't think that is fair or reasonable for his output this season and then they would be on the hook for $4.5 million for two years. If they keep him it would have to be for like $2 million at the most and for one season. Tear up the old contract completely. I just don't see it happening.

All depends, and too many folks are getting vastly to wrapped up in his numbers. What he provides to both Rodgers and the MLF system has immense value - especially since Amari was nowhere close to ready to serve as that slot guy in the system.

Also, only guaranteeing $2M-$3M is a steal given what he has done while out there and the immense saving should we cut him...gotta remember really I only think he is here if Adams leaves, which I am fairly sure he will.

Reaction score
I think so. If for no other reason, his wife is cute. Seriously though, he put some consequential games together earlier in the season AND he's a locker room guy. I like locker room guys ... him, Lewis ... if nothing else to keep the young guys focused.
Amen.
Plus he’s still effective frim the Slot and in January-Feb that gains importance. Cobb will have to be accounted for or expect him to continue doing more damage underneath. He’s also one of Rodgers best friends, so the morale boost is another factor.

I really like having Cobb, he’s still a formidable target with good hands, understands the playbook and gives us veteran experience. He’ll always be a Packer in my mind.

Last edited:

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante obviously the guy everyone is trying to stop. But then you have to worry about MVS beating you over the top.
mvs is just so inconsistent. he has the tools and i believe he has rodgers' trust, but one week he's catching 3 passes for 20 yards, the next week he's catching 5 passes for 98 yards, and the next week he's catching one pass for three yards. those are the actual numbers for the last three games btw.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mvs is just so inconsistent. he has the tools and i believe he has rodgers' trust, but one week he's catching 3 passes for 20 yards, the next week he's catching 5 passes for 98 yards, and the next week he's catching one pass for three yards. those are the actual numbers for the last three games btw.

It will never cease to amaze me how folks cannot come to grips with the fact Adams is the sole person on this team that MLF’s system will make sure is force fed, the entire rest of the roster will be situational and dependent on when or what the defenses do. Shoot one week we feed Jones next Dillon next both a little…one week Lazard doesn’t have a target then 7…same with MVS or literally anyone not named Adams. Honestly it is the aspect that makes GB tough, it is the sum of all the parts and while you cannot stop Adams if you focus on stopping one or two of the supporting cast members there are two or three others Rodgers and MLF will make sure are fed.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a lot of weapons & in Rogers a QB who can read very quickly what the defence is giving him & use third or even fourth option when most are still looking at second option. Also Rogers can extend the time he has to throw

Krabs

Reaction score
What he provides to both Rodgers and the MLF system has immense value - especially since Amari was nowhere close to ready to serve as that slot guy in the system.

Also, only guaranteeing $2M-$3M is a steal given what he has done while out there and the immense saving should we cut him...gotta remember really I only think he is here if Adams leaves, which I am fairly sure he will.
I mean, I'm not saying that Cobb doesn't have value. He certainly helped this season. I'm just arguing bringing him back. If the guaranteed money was for one season I would be fine. Locking Cobb into two more years with guaranteed money would just be a mistake. If they rework the deal for next season and it is around $2 million then it makes sense. What we are on the hook for next year does not equal his play.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, I'm not saying that Cobb doesn't have value. He certainly helped this season. I'm just arguing bringing him back. If the guaranteed money was for one season I would be fine. Locking Cobb into two more years with guaranteed money would just be a mistake. If they rework the deal for next season and it is around $2 million then it makes sense. What we are on the hook for next year does not equal his play.

No one needs to worry, with our cap situation alone Cobb won't see the field at the price of his current contract for 2022.

Krabs

Reaction score
No one needs to worry, with our cap situation alone Cobb won't see the field at the price of his current contract for 2022.
I say offer a one year extension to his contract splitting the 9M in half possible of 4.5M each year and guarantee like 2M-3M a year. Fair and reasonable.
I was just going off of this. I don't think it would be smart to extend him for two more years. If they can rework it for one year then I would be okay with it. Not that it really matters how I feel about Cobb and his contract situation. We will wait and see what happens.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Cobb retired. If he doesn't it wouldn't surprise me if he took a big cut to stay here. Especially if Rodgers stays.

I think he's a big Packer guy and being let go the first time kind of hurt. I think Rodgers bringing him back meant a lot and so if its not in the cards that we bring him back I can see him retiring as a real Packer instead of doing the 1 day contract in 2-3 years.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Cobb retired. If he doesn't it wouldn't surprise me if he took a big cut to stay here. Especially if Rodgers stays.

I think he's a big Packer guy and being let go the first time kind of hurt. I think Rodgers bringing him back meant a lot and so if its not in the cards that we bring him back I can see him retiring as a real Packer instead of doing the 1 day contract in 2-3 years.

Cobb does love Green Bay, and if Rodgers stays my prediction is Cobb does as well at a reworked contract figure cuz Adams will go grab bank elsewhere and Rodgers isn't staying but losing both.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers would definitely have to significantly reduce Cobb's cap hit for next season to retain him for another year.

I agree with tyni that it doesn't make any sense to keep him if the team moves on from Rodgers though.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVS does NOT suck. He had a phenomenal year last year and hasn't really gotten into a rhythm. If we win win a championship, he will be a significant contributor.

D

Deleted member 6794

MVS does NOT suck. He had a phenomenal year last year and hasn't really gotten into a rhythm. If we win win a championship, he will be a significant contributor.

I definitely agree that MVS doesn't suck but so far he hasn't had any phenomenal season either.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I had forgotten how many great moments there were with Cobb and the Packers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Latest posts