Cobb Returns

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So was it worth the money signing him in the first place ?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think so. If for no other reason, his wife is cute. Seriously though, he put some consequential games together earlier in the season AND he's a locker room guy. I like locker room guys ... him, Lewis ... if nothing else to keep the young guys focused.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think so. If for no other reason, his wife is cute. Seriously though, he put some consequential games together earlier in the season AND he's a locker room guy. I like locker room guys ... him, Lewis ... if nothing else to keep the young guys focused.

That`s a fair point. I have nothing against him as such, I suppose his injury could have happened to a younger guy too. I get hurt getting out of bed in the morning....lol

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can look at other cute women and it won't cost the Packers a dime.

If you look at what it cost the Packers to sign Cobb and figure if they would have taken that money and signed some to shore up the defense then maybe not. But the question then becomes would they have done that. Besides Cobb was pretty instrumental in a couple wins this year. Would they be the same or worse or better without Cobb? Nobody can know that but the way things played out I'll take Cobb and the 12-3. Especially if he comes back for the playoffs. It can only help.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I can look at other cute women and it won't cost the Packers a dime.

If you look at what it cost the Packers to sign Cobb and figure if they would have taken that money and signed some to shore up the defense then maybe not. But the question then becomes would they have done that. Besides Cobb was pretty instrumental in a couple wins this year. Would they be the same or worse or better without Cobb? Nobody can know that but the way things played out I'll take Cobb and the 12-3. Especially if he comes back for the playoffs. It can only help.
If Cobb plays big in the playoffs, it won't even be a discussion.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the Cobb acquisition has turned out well. Gave Rodgers another security blanket and the rookie, Amari Rodgers has shown he wasn't ready to take on the slot receiver role yet.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion the Packers trading for Cobb worked out for this season. While he hasn't put up great numbers he made some important catches and was definitely a great presence in the locker room.

It will be interesting to see what the Packers do with him next season though. I guess they won't be able to keep him at a cap hit of $9.6 million in 2022.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers trading for Cobb worked out for this season. While he hasn't put up great numbers he made some important catches and was definitely a great presence in the locker room.

It will be interesting to see what the Packers do with him next season though. I guess they won't be able to keep him at a cap hit of $9.6 million in 2022.
Yes, it worked out well imo also. Maybe Cobb will want to stay but I can't see us giving him a big contract.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb hasn't even had his biggest moments yet this season.
Hope you are right. I just don't see him as the man. He needs other receivers to take the pressure off of him imho. But he could do some great things for us still. I could see that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hope you are right. I just don't see him as the man. He needs other receivers to take the pressure off of him imho. But he could do some great things for us still. I could see that.
He's definitely not 'the man'. That's why we have Davante. And others. My dream scenario is to have Davante, MVS, Cobb, and Lazard all healthy in the playoffs.

Davante obviously the guy everyone is trying to stop. But then you have to worry about MVS beating you over the top. But then you have to worry about Cobb working the middle of the field. But then you have to worry about Lazard fake run blocking and catching some big passes.

Focus too much attention on that? No problem, Rodgers will hit Jones in the flat for 10 yards.

A healthy and productive Cobb makes all of this easier to accomplish.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The value of Cobbs role is precisely why we spent the trade for Amari, not for now but in future. What such a slot player can and will do for the MLF offense cannot be understated. Same as a Big Dog type TE or a versatile FB/TE as well

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

That's about a third of the franchise tag for DA17 after the $3m dead cap figured in.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, it worked out well imo also. Maybe Cobb will want to stay but I can't see us giving him a big contract.

The Packers won't sign Cobb to a big contract. He will have to agree to a significant pay cut to return next season.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers won't sign Cobb to a big contract. He will have to agree to a significant pay cut to return next season.

I say offer a one year extension to his contract splitting the 9M in half possible of 4.5M each year and guarantee like 2M-3M a year. Fair and reasonable.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is especially what I'd want to do if Rodgers returns but Adams doesn't. IF Rodgers and Adams both go, I think you actually release him.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb has been a good #3/#4 WR this season once he re-adjusted to the offense. Let's be real though. Cobb and Rodgers are tied at the hip at this point. If we want Rodgers back then we will have to bring back Cobb. I'm sure that Rodgers will negotiate Randall's contract on behalf of the Packers. :D

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb has been a good #3/#4 WR this season once he re-adjusted to the offense. Let's be real though. Cobb and Rodgers are tied at the hip at this point. If we want Rodgers back then we will have to bring back Cobb. I'm sure that Rodgers will negotiate Randall's contract on behalf of the Packers. :D

Honestly I agree, especially with Adams out the door. No way I think Rodgers agrees to come back without both of them. One he will understand, not both.

Latest posts