Radiers Sign DE Tollefson

OP
OP
TeamTundra

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not expecting Muir will make the team. I could be wrong though. I was actually
hoping Tollefson would add depth at linebacker given that he is around 260 - 270 lbs and
probably too light to play DL in our scheme.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of the UFA DE's and OLB's that the Packers were interested in (Lawson, Hargrove, Tollefson). I think they picked the one that would have the biggest impact in our 3-4 defense, although Tollefson would have been a close second - IMO.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
We already added two: Daniel Muir and Anthony Hargrove.

Tollefson would have been an OLB for us. I think he would have been a solid guy to have in our rotation on that right side. And for what the Raiders paid I think he'd have been worth it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree Hargrove is a more important addition than Tollefson would have been because I expect Hargrove to add a crucial element to the D: an interior DL pass rush on passing downs. I also agree Tollefson would have played a different role: OLB. But my hope for this year is that there will be no rotation at ROLB so I would have hoped Tollefson would have been insurance at that spot. But he would have been cheap insurance so I still would have liked to see him return to the Packers.

I also wonder if Capers would consider moving Clay back to ROLB and having the new starting OLB play on the left side. Of course I trust Capers, Greene and the staff to know better than I but ROLB is the more traditional pass rushing spot compared to LOLB. However, I don’t know which spot is more challenging for a rookie and of course it will make more sense for the rookie to play the "easier" spot. Failing that switch I’d like to see Clay moved around more on passing downs, but that’s a discussion for another day.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its also important to keep in mind that the Packers have a ton of draft picks and a pretty stacked roster already. There are only so many roster spots available.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its also important to keep in mind that the Packers have a ton of draft picks and a pretty stacked roster already. There are only so many roster spots available.

I have a feeling that Thompson will trade some of this years draft picks for future ones, just for the reason you mentioned. Its almost impossible to keep all of them for a handful of reasons, seems like kind of a waste to pick that many knowing going in, perhaps a third or fourth of them won't make it to the roster or P.S.

Members online