QBs not named Rodgers All threads merged

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony is, this EXACT thing that he did is part of the reason why MUCH of the country holds a bias AGAINST blacks/POC... it's just being disrespectful and uncivilized

Wow. Sorry, but using your CIVIL right is not being disrespectful or "uncivilized".

The exact opposite actually. Lumping "blacks/poc" into a pigeonhole is not only disrespectful, but also inflammatory and degrading.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry, but using your CIVIL right is not being disrespectful or "uncivilized".

The exact opposite actually. Lumping "blacks/poc" into a pigeonhole is not only disrespectful, but also inflammatory and degrading.

Other ways to stand up though

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I will say this ONCE:
"Content We Do NOT Allow Here:
There are a couple of topics that we DO NOT allow here under any circumstances. The following topics will be closed immediately and the users warned; politics, religion, racism and ****** preference. There are PLENTY of other sites around the Internet for users to talk about these topics. This is NOT one of those sites."

From the rules you ALL agreed to when you signed up.
Full List Of Rules - Must Read For Members

We have the Adult Asylum to handle off topic debates, comments, observations, innuendos, FYIs such as those highlighted. For entrance:
You have to join the "Adult Talker" user group in order to get access to this forum. Before posting in this forum, PLEASE read the posting policy inside this forum. Get Access to This Forum

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
But at this stage, they'll sink or swim with Hundley. If he sucks for a few weeks and they think they still have a chance, maybe they'll give Callahan a shot. But barring more injuries I think those are the only 2 you even have a chance to see the rest of the way.

I agree. This organization's mantra has been "Draft & Develop" and bringing someone at this time other than as a backup would be an admission of failure. Not having #12 on the field is going to expose this strengths and weaknesses of the Packers for the rest of the season. A good showing against the Saints, even if it is a loss, would be a positive sign. After that, Hundley has two games worth of film and two weeks to make adjustments before the Lions game on November 6th. I don't think he would get benched unless it turns into a dumpster fire and at the end of November the Packers are 4-7.

The biggest concern I have is that of the remaining 10 games, 7 of them are against teams with good passing against a suspect and injured secondary. In the first 5 game before the Viking the packers were averaging 27.4 points while giving up 22.4 while breaking even on time of possession at slightly more than 30 minutes. What is having Rodgers worth and what will be the impact on both sides of the ball without him? Will this offense be able to extend drives or will there be more 3 & outs?

If this team with Hundley under center can split the remaining 10 games and end up 9 and 7, it just might be enough for playoff berth.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sky isn't falling.
I don't even know why this is up for discussion when the Packers already have two pro back ups.
Give him/them a chance.
If they lose big for us, then run them out of town on a rail.
It's annoying as it is watching football talking heads on TV speculating at the Packers bringing in someone and it doesn't have to be discussed here.

So our all star goes down and now it is expected for an all star to take his place to keep us on the winning track.
Understood.
But let's try and have and show some faith in who we got first and give them a chance.
I mean, the shock is going to wear off and then the Packers will get down to serious business with Hundley and prep him the best they can and these are pros who will be working with him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree.....you didn`t HAVE to say anything. It`s already been pointed out what is and isn`t acceptable. You`re doing yourself no favours.
I could be wrong.... but I thought he posted that before the threads were merged.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, the Colin K hate is strong in this group. You would think as much as they want to see him face "consequences" for his kneeling, that they would LOVE to see him behind our Swiss cheese line..
My dislike of Kaepernick goes back to those two playoff losses he handed us when he was with the 49ers. I was glad to see Jim Harbaugh leave SF, because I think he had a lot to do with their success. That team was built around line play, and as you point out, he would be unlikely to replicate that success here. So no, I don't want to see him in a Packer uniform.

However, I'm concerned that with Rodgers injury, people in the media are going to start painting the Packers in a certain way if they don't pick up Kaepernick. Especially if Hundley doesn't play well, or (even worse) if Hundley gets hurt, and we have to go to Callahan. Actually, if they have to go to Callahan, that's the only situation I can see where they would even consider signing him.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Hundley can do though.

jimwest2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
colin who? he is definitely in nfl form and he could learn the playbook in a short time, because the bye week comes. playfully he would be a very good choice, but does his character fits too?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
colin who? he is definitely in nfl form and he could learn the playbook in a short time, because the bye week comes. playfully he would be a very good choice, but does his character fits too?
He wasn't in anyone's camp this off season so there is no way he is in "football shape" no matter how much he has been working out. So it would take about 4-5 weeks to round into decent game shape. Then he'd have to learn some of the playbook mid-season when there aren't many practice reps available. By then you are into the last 3-4 weeks of the season. All that before you throw the media circus into the mix. The die is cast for the season results before he'd be any benefit. You already have 2 guys that have been in the system for at least a season and a half that you have been developing for this situation. Why upset the apple cart.

D

Deleted member 6794

colin who? he is definitely in nfl form and he could learn the playbook in a short time, because the bye week comes.

I highly doubt that Kaepernick would be able to learn the Packers' playbook within two weeks even with the bye looming.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as I was afraid of, I saw several national sports shows last night showing clips of McCarthy's reacting to a question about Kaepernick. They thought he acted too angry about the idea. I'm sure there are people in the media who would love to use the Packers as the "face of the collusion against Keapernick" having a job in the NFL.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sky isn't falling.
I don't even know why this is up for discussion when the Packers already have two pro back ups.
Give him/them a chance.
If they lose big for us, then run them out of town on a rail.
It's annoying as it is watching football talking heads on TV speculating at the Packers bringing in someone and it doesn't have to be discussed here.

So our all star goes down and now it is expected for an all star to take his place to keep us on the winning track.
Understood.
But let's try and have and show some faith in who we got first and give them a chance.
I mean, the shock is going to wear off and then the Packers will get down to serious business with Hundley and prep him the best they can and these are pros who will be working with him.

I agree. If MM and TT did not have confidence in Hundley and Callahan they would have gotten someone else to take their place from the beginning. It is foolish to think they were good enough to be our backup and our #3 guy but all of a sudden when they are asked to move up we should replace one or the other or both of them.

In a small way this is similar to the situation the Bears were in with starting Trubisky. Everyone knew after 4 games that Glennon was not the answer. Do they stick with him longer or even for the rest of the year and and then go on with an untested Trubisky next year and hope for the best or do they throw the rookie in sooner rather than later to see if he shows enough to keep him on next season or maybe they need to consider someone else.

How it is similar is the Packers have invested time and resources in Hundley and Callahan. Now that they have their chance to show what they can do do we give them the chance to do it or simply push them to the background again. Given the lack of talent available to replace them I see absolutely no reason not to roll with Hundley as our starter and Callahen as our backup. At the very least we will see what they can do and it will help us make decisions next year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as I was afraid of, I saw several national sports shows last night showing clips of McCarthy's reacting to a question about Kaepernick. They thought he acted too angry about the idea. I'm sure there are people in the media who would love to use the Packers as the "face of the collusion against Keapernick" having a job in the NFL.

He acted angry because he had already answered the question and then someone asked it again by throwing in Kaepernicks name. When a coach tells reporters "we are going ahead with the guys we have" that means they are not considering signing anyone else. It doesn't mean "ask me the same question again"

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, this is a Packer board, and I don't see people clamoring to sign Kaepernick. A few have suggested it.
Note that at the end of that article they point out how miffed McCarthy was that he was asked.

He acted angry because he had already answered the question and then someone asked it again by throwing in Kaepernicks name. When a coach tells reporters "we are going ahead with the guys we have" that means they are not considering signing anyone else. It doesn't mean "ask me the same question again"
I totally agree with you, but that doesn't stop the media from putting their own spin on it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. If MM and TT did not have confidence in Hundley and Callahan they would have gotten someone else to take their place from the beginning. It is foolish to think they were good enough to be our backup and our #3 guy but all of a sudden when they are asked to move up we should replace one or the other or both of them.

How it is similar is the Packers have invested time and resources in Hundley and Callahan. Now that they have their chance to show what they can do do we give them the chance to do it or simply push them to the background again. Given the lack of talent available to replace them I see absolutely no reason not to roll with Hundley as our starter and Callahen as our backup. At the very least we will see what they can do and it will help us make decisions next year.

I agree that the Packers should start Hundley with Callahan being his backup going forward. The way the backup quarterback situation worked out during the 2013 season should at least work as a cautionary tale though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that the Packers should start Hundley with Callahan being his backup going forward. The way the backup quarterback situation worked out during the 2013 season should at least work as a cautionary tale though.
What, Hundley goes down in the first drive and Callahan struggles for a few games until Indy cuts Tolzien? He scrapes by until Airod returns to clinch the division on the last drive of the regular season.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts