QBs not named Rodgers All threads merged

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I'm gonna say it, then duck and cover running away in a serpentine fashion....Kaepernick. :whistling:

I mean, it's really not that bad of an idea in the sense that he really is the best non-retired street QB available, is he not? Is there even anyone else at All?

If this Rodgers' injury were in the first week of training camp and they had time to get him acclimated and familiar with the playbook and all that, I could see them at least kicking the tires on the idea.

But at this stage, they'll sink or swim with Hundley. If he sucks for a few weeks and they think they still have a chance, maybe they'll give Callahan a shot. But barring more injuries I think those are the only 2 you even have a chance to see the rest of the way.

H

HardRightEdge

It occurs to me that whether it's Callahan (that's what McCarthy says) or somebody from the outside, somebody will have to be cut or sent to IR.

Will the Packers then be able to field 45 players?

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would be Cousins...

But that would be giving up on AR, whom I believe has 2-3 great years left... possibly more if the OLine can get fixed

Cousins would be very, very good with Nelson/Cobb/Adams is my thinking

But we should seriously stick with Hundley

Other options already mentioned:
Romo WILL get hurt behind this Oline, I guarantee it... he has a notoriously bad back and is old
Kaep isn't smart enough to get this offense and hasn't played a down in how long again? He wasn't even very good before... he got BENCHED for Gabbert so....

Last edited:
OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather sign VY than Kaep, I have respect for vets....

I'd also rather trade like a 2nd rounder for Cousins than get any of those other crappy players

Why would you want even a band aid?
Either give Hundley his "shot" or just COMPLETELY tank? lol

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett is QB but really unproven in NFL regular season. I'd a veteran just in case play is substandard.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It occurs to me that whether it's Callahan (that's what McCarthy says) or somebody from the outside, somebody will have to be cut or sent to IR.

Will the Packers then be able to field 45 players?
I'm assuming that will be Rodgers.... to IR

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather sign VY than Kaep, I have respect for vets....

I'd also rather trade like a 2nd rounder for Cousins than get any of those other crappy players

Why would you want even a band aid?
Either give Hundley his "shot" or just COMPLETELY tank? lol

Why do you some people persist in viewing Kaepernick's protest as a protest against vets or the military ffs?

I do agree about giving Hundley his shot.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you some people persist in viewing Kaepernick's protest as a protest against vets or the military ffs?

Why? Because it is a brief moment set aside to honor the sacrifices of the millions of Americans who have fought and died in battle, and when you choose not to honor them, you have chosen to dishonor them. It's that simple.

Now that said, the primary reason Colon Krapper**** should not even remotely be considered is because he's too stupid to run our offense. Why do you think SF got rid of him? It's not because of his political antics. They love that crap in SF. It's because he couldn't even run their offense when they dumbed it down for him. He can't throw with any accuracy. He doesn't go through his progressions, choosing instead to lock in on one or two guys every play. He even has trouble recognizing simple things like whether the defense is playing man or zone. Hundley > Krapper****

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have this much invested in a QB, you're not trading for someone to replace him, unless you are done with your investment. This is one of the harsh realities of the NFL. Not if you're expecting this quarterback to remotely replace what Rodgers gave us. Otherwise you're just trading for what we already have, potential. Hundley didn't look much different than he looked all preseason long and has a lot of work to do. He still won't get a starting offensive line to work with either.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, after Rypien the Skins looked for 22 years for a good QB and they finally have one. There's no way they trade him for anything less than a Herschel Walker kind of deal at this point.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading for a QB is not happening. MM and the offensive coaches have to design plays that will work with Hundley. The game plan yesterday was designed with Aaron in mind and they weren't prepared for Aaron to go down. You have to live with what you have. Who knows, maybe Hundley will do ok. He believes that he should be a starting QB, let's see what he can do.

Moving forward, I have no expectations. The players are dropping like flies. I know that their montra in no excuses, but this is ridiculous. I don't expect Aaron to be back....this season. Not with the injury to his throwing shoulder. We'll have to see what the team will be able to do.

It stinks. I think we would have won that game for sure. Aaron going out, took the wind our of their sails and they never collected themselves.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be ok with it. We have jack for an oline. He can throw. He doesn't read defenses great, and he can run. Designed qb run and pass plays. Over and over and over. Surprise a couple teams, get a few wins. He'll eventually get knicked up, because that's what always happens to those types of QB's, but that is when he was his best and he wouldn't be our QB for the long haul either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

because people just like to be pissed off. They love to be angry. They want a reason to feel wronged, slighted, offended and complain about people that feel offended LOL. Despite being told exactly what his thoughts were and where he put his money, they still want to believe it's about something that validates their anger. they don't want the conversation, they just want to be mad. and they're good at it :)

anyway, Romo has it good right now. He's good at his job, he's getting better, and he's not going to break his back for a 3rd year doing what he is doing now. one look at our Oline should be enough to convince him to stay in the booth.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boy, the Colin K hate is strong in this group. You would think as much as they want to see him face "consequences" for his kneeling, that they would LOVE to see him behind our Swiss cheese line. Forget being a free agent, this line would do what many of you so called patriots would love to see... It would put him in the hospital with broken bones...

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing QB for us right now is like hitching a ride in an ambulance. You'd eventually end up in a hospital.

Sporting an imaginary O-Line guarantees that! Doubt Romo will risk that. Maybe Colin, but that I'd rather stick with Brett.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, after Rypien the Skins looked for 22 years for a good QB and they finally have one. There's no way they trade him for anything less than a Herschel Walker kind of deal at this point.
So Rypien is available? Worth a look to bring him in and kick the tires, see what he has left in the tank.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, it's really not that bad of an idea in the sense that he really is the best non-retired street QB available, is he not? Is there even anyone else at All?

If this Rodgers' injury were in the first week of training camp and they had time to get him acclimated and familiar with the playbook and all that, I could see them at least kicking the tires on the idea.

But at this stage, they'll sink or swim with Hundley. If he sucks for a few weeks and they think they still have a chance, maybe they'll give Callahan a shot. But barring more injuries I think those are the only 2 you even have a chance to see the rest of the way.

I do not know if that's completely true, sign expirence QB with 3 weeks could up speed if out back up struggles

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I expect Tolzien to be cut lose from Indy after Luck comes back. Probably 3-4 weeks out which is what we'd need to fully see what Bret can do. We can revisit this then.

OP
OP
kevans74

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You were negged JUST for this.

If you can't give 1-2 minutes to honor/respect those who have lost limbs/eyes/skin/bones/LIVES for military and you're already getting paid MILLIONS of dollar I don't care

The irony is, this EXACT thing that he did is part of the reason why MUCH of the country holds a bias AGAINST blacks/POC... it's just being disrespectful and uncivilized

I understand and respect standing up agaisnt social injustices, but there are HUNDREDS of other ways he could have done it

Members online

Latest posts