PUP / IR / Cuts Update

H

HardRightEdge

PUP (out / unable to practice for first 6 weeks): Sherrod, Richardson, Tretter, Worthy

IR (out for the season): Bulaga, Harris, Dorsey, Jarvis Reed

Cut: Ramirez

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cuts... alex gillett, graham harrell, omarius hines, angelo pease, gilbert pena, zach ramirez, georgio tavecchio, justin wilson

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If i were GH, I would be thankfull for any damn team that would give me even half a chance considering the poor performances he put up. He best be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't end up playing in canada.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If i were GH, I would be thankfull for any damn team that would give me even half a chance considering the poor performances he put up. He best be thanking his lucky stars that he didn't end up playing in canada.
His arm is too weak for Canada, Arena ball is where that man will shine in his mediocrity

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pena was pretty promising. but despite us being carved up like a turkey vs Kaepernick and vs Peterson, we are said to be pretty deep on the DL now somehow.
Patriots scooped him right up.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Fulton Savage Johnson Young Gerhart Hughes Walker Amosa Powell Means Lewis and possibly Datko all gone

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Couldn get a pick for DJ Williams. Cut. Took more 1st team snaps than anyone not named Finley or Bostick

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Cuts according to jsonline:
  • QB Vince Young
  • TE D.J. Williams
  • RB Alex Green
  • LB Dezman Moses
  • TE Matthew Mulligan
  • CB Lloyce Means
  • FB Jonathan Amosa
  • S David Fulton
  • S Chaz Powell
  • OL Garth Gerhart
  • WR Charles Johnson
  • WR Tyrone Walker
  • OLB Donte Savage
  • OG/C Patrick Lewis
  • WR Myles White
  • OT Kevin Hughes
  • OT Andrew Datko
  • TE Jake Stoneburner
I'm surprised Green got waived - I would prefer him to Kuhn. Moses probably waived because of his turf toe issues. After Young's performance Thursday I certainly understand why they didn't keep him.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Wow, Green, Williams and Moses!
Green does not surprise me. He could be a role player is somebody else's offense, but he just didn't bring enough to be a good fit for MM. He's a very dangerous player in space...somebody will want to try to use that.

Williams doesn't surprise me either. He's a poor blocker, his hands are not especially good, and the more traffic there is around him the more likely he fails to make the play, which is not good for a TE. Light and fast is not enough.

Moses...yes, he played some last year but didn't impress enough to be able to step over the healthy new guys while carrying his own dings.

I'm surprised by the Mulligan cut. Yes, he's one dimensional, but with the state of run blocking you'd think they'd find a use for him. They must like what they see from Quarless in getting back to form blocking-wise. Mulligan may have been Quarless insurance all along.

I'm trying to remember the last veteran free agent signing that made the 53 man roster other than Saturday. None last year, I don't think, and none this year. Any help on this?

12theTruth

Should have cut Kuhn and kept another wingback, tight end, running back, or Armosa in his place.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Only Cobb and Jennings are making a good case for that 2011 draft class.
Agree it has not turned out to be a good draft. I'd give some props to House and Taylor.

I wouldn't write off House. He's probably our #3 cover corner, with Hayward and Hyde at nickel and dime. Bush is Bush. House could be a starter next season if Williams does not have a turnaround year or becomes one of the serial injury guys we're known for. I like House longer term a lot better than I like Jennings.

Taylor is a solid special teamer, an OK blocker and can catch the ball if you throw it to him. That's about all you can expect from a 7th. round pick.

Members online

Latest posts