Prospects You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He's easily the best edge in the draft. Unless if he has some unknown medical, or character issues, he's easy going top 10. Nowadays, the top edge will always go top 10.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Honestly, as long as we don’t have a “Demarious Randall” first round, I will not be disappointed with anyone at #14. And ted Thompson is now gone so we probably don’t have to sweat thy we will take a safety that could have been taken on day 2 and make him a CB. An offensive lineman wouldn’t be a **** pick, it never is, but we wouldn’t complain if we lost an interior lineman in preseason and had a solid safety net to protect #12. Personally, I want a CB or pass rusher, and love watching the kids highlights. Only problem is the highlights never show the low lights. I don’t have much interest in the low lights until after the draft and see what our new guys need to work on.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly, as long as we don’t have a “Demarious Randall” first round, I will not be disappointed with anyone at #14. And ted Thompson is now gone so we probably don’t have to sweat thy we will take a safety that could have been taken on day 2 and make him a CB. An offensive lineman wouldn’t be a **** pick, it never is, but we wouldn’t complain if we lost an interior lineman in preseason and had a solid safety net to protect #12. Personally, I want a CB or pass rusher, and love watching the kids highlights. Only problem is the highlights never show the low lights. I don’t have much interest in the low lights until after the draft and see what our new guys need to work on.

I agree on watching "Highlight" film. While its entertaining (with the volume off), I don't think it gives you a 100% accurate picture of a player, but then again, who is going to watch 30 minutes of a guy missing a block, dropping an easy catch, etc. Fortunately, scouts are or should be, looking at ALL the film on these guys. However, like you said, when it comes to our #1 and #2 picks, I sure hope I get to pop up film of a guy that was actually playing the position we drafted him to play and the highlights are of him playing Football, against FBS opponents.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I believe that if Chubb makes it past the Colts at #3 there's a small possibility he might fall to the 14th pick as teams picking ahead of the Packers aren't in dire need of a pass rusher but having other more pressing needs.

It wouldn't be that dissimilar to Barnett falling to #14, but the difference is that there is no Garrett or Thomas to go before him like there was last year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just started looking at WR Marcell Ateman. I really like what I have seen of the guy, but more so as a second round pick. Great size (6' 4" 216#), quality hands and good vertical. He was actually the #2 WR for OSU, behind James Washington who will probably be a first rounder.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hot take: Daesean Hamilton of PSU will be a top 3-4 WR from this class.

Ridley, Washington, Moore and Hamilton are my favorites. Only question for me with Ridley is that he's old. I think those 4 are sure fire players though.

Reaction score
IMO there will be a couple of players that are ranked on some top ten boards that will be available at #14
many experts are saying that this year there could be between 3 and 5 QB's picked top 15. If we go reasonably in the middle with 4, that leaves a lot of room for an anomaly of sorts. A player like Fitzpatrick or Davenport could very well slide to us, particularly if a couple of teams unexpectedly picked early at G, OT, WR etc..

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hot take: Daesean Hamilton of PSU will be a top 3-4 WR from this class.

Ridley, Washington, Moore and Hamilton are my favorites. Only question for me with Ridley is that he's old. I think those 4 are sure fire players though.

Ridley’s age doesn’t bother me at all. He’ll be 23 for most of the 2018 season, whereas most rookies will be 22. No biggie.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridley’s age doesn’t bother me at all. He’ll be 23 for most of the 2018 season, whereas most rookies will be 22. No biggie.

He's half a year younger than Amari Cooper. It's not a huge deal, but when thinking of future contracts, it definitely matters.

Reaction score
I like Washington but he's all over the boards. I've seen him from the first day to the 3rd day draft, so I'm not sure why he's so volatile?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He's half a year younger than Amari Cooper. It's not a huge deal, but when thinking of future contracts, it definitely matters.

He’ll be 27 when he’s up for an extension. Would that scare you?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’ll be 27 when he’s up for an extension. Would that scare you?

Yeah. Halfway through that extension he'll most likely decline. Not ideal. I get it, you like geriatrics. I think it's valid to point out that Ridley is older than not even this years prospects, but last years prospects. That certainly should be taken into account.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah. Halfway through that extension he'll most likely decline. Not ideal. I get it, you like geriatrics. I think it's valid to point out that Ridley is older than not even this years prospects, but last years prospects. That certainly should be taken into account.

Bruh, have you even watched him play? Do you know how to watch tape? Run along and get some and get back to me.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruh, have you even watched him play? Do you know how to watch tape? Run along and get some and get back to me.

He moves awfully quick for a guy who's gonna need a walker in a few years. Gotta watch them #knees on that #tape. Only a real scout would see that though. Go back and play with your friends at the retirement home.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He moves awfully quick for a guy who's gonna need a walker in a few years. Gotta watch them #knees on that #tape. Only a real scout would see that though. Go back and play with your friends at the retirement home.

Only a crazy person would claim to be able to scout knees. Maybe you need to check out your local JV high school team. The younger the better right?

D

Deleted member 6794

I like Washington but he's all over the boards. I've seen him from the first day to the 3rd day draft, so I'm not sure why he's so volatile?

Aside of an injury being discovered at the combine there's no way Washington drops to the fourth round.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only a crazy person would claim to be able to scout knees. Maybe you need to check out your local JV high school team. The younger the better right?

Pah. Only a combine junkie would respond that way. Don't be mad bc you need numbers to know what I can see on tape. Go along now, I heard grannie can do a 4.4 in her new scooter.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO there will be a couple of players that are ranked on some top ten boards that will be available at #14
many experts are saying that this year there could be between 3 and 5 QB's picked top 15. If we go reasonably in the middle with 4, that leaves a lot of room for an anomaly of sorts. A player like Fitzpatrick or Davenport could very well slide to us, particularly if a couple of teams unexpectedly picked early at G, OT, WR etc..
I think Davenport will be there at 14. There are other players I would like better, though. Chubb and Fitz are the only defenders I am sure will be gone.

I agree on your QB reasoning though. I am hoping Nelson somehow makes it to us. Mostly because he is a great player, but partly to watch the meltdown from some posters here. Can you imagine Wimm posting TT should be brought back? :)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pah. Only a combine junkie would respond that way. Don't be mad bc you need numbers to know what I can see on tape. Go along now, I heard grannie can do a 4.4 in her new scooter.

I'm sorry... I can't keep this up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Here's one scenario:
  1. CLE: S. Darnold, QB, USC
  2. NYG: J. Rosen, QB, UCLA
  3. IND: S. Barkley, RB, PSU
  4. CLE: M. Fitzpatrick, DB, UA
  5. DEN: Q. Nelson, G, ND
  6. NYJ: B. Mayfield, QB, OK
  7. TB: B. Chubb, DE, NCSU
  8. CHI: C. Ridley, WR, UA
  9. SF: T. Edmunds, LB, VTU
  10. OAK: R. Smith, LB, UGA
  11. MIA: J. Allen, QB, WYO
  12. CIN: C. Williams, OT, UT
  13. WAS: D. Ward, CB, OSU
So if this is how it played out, who would you be inclined to take? The biggest names left are:

-V. Vea, DT, UW
-D. James, S, FSU
-M. Davenport, ED, UTSA
-J. Jackson, CB, IOWA
-H. Landry, ED, BC

I want to see more of Landry and Davenport, as well as their testing numbers. But honestly if these were the choices, given what I know now, I would be tempted to just take Vea and add to the strength on the DL. If he becomes what most project, the DL would genuinely be an elite unit. I love the idea of sending waves of fresh, powerful DL at opposing offenses. Pettine's background suggests that he would put that surplus DL talent to great use.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fred Warner of BYU is getting some love from people I like on twitter. He's a 6'4 235 LB who can play inside with good coverage skills. Seems like he would be a good fit next to Martinez.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's one scenario:
  1. CLE: S. Darnold, QB, USC
  2. NYG: J. Rosen, QB, UCLA
  3. IND: S. Barkley, RB, PSU
  4. CLE: M. Fitzpatrick, DB, UA
  5. DEN: Q. Nelson, G, ND
  6. NYJ: B. Mayfield, QB, OK
  7. TB: B. Chubb, DE, NCSU
  8. CHI: C. Ridley, WR, UA
  9. SF: T. Edmunds, LB, VTU
  10. OAK: R. Smith, LB, UGA
  11. MIA: J. Allen, QB, WYO
  12. CIN: C. Williams, OT, UT
  13. WAS: D. Ward, CB, OSU
So if this is how it played out, who would you be inclined to take? The biggest names left are:

-V. Vea, DT, UW
-D. James, S, FSU
-M. Davenport, ED, UTSA
-J. Jackson, CB, IOWA
-H. Landry, ED, BC

I want to see more of Landry and Davenport, as well as their testing numbers. But honestly if these were the choices, given what I know now, I would be tempted to just take Vea and add to the strength on the DL. If he becomes what most project, the DL would genuinely be an elite unit. I love the idea of sending waves of fresh, powerful DL at opposing offenses. Pettine's background suggests that he would put that surplus DL talent to great use.
Likely scenario.

I would go Jackson, Vea would be my 2nd choice. My 3rd may be Payne. Not sure how that would all shake out. We have to give Clark more snaps off. Would he move to DE and Vea NT? Maybe mix it up.

Landry is run liability. Wouldn't go there. Missed Darwin James in there. He would be there as well with Josh Jackson. More flexible and interesting options as a player. James would be a player Pettine would get a lot of use out of, but we are stacked at safety already.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely scenario.

I would go Jackson, Vea would be my 2nd choice. My 3rd may be Payne. Not sure how that would all shake out. We have to give Clark more snaps off. Would he move to DE and Vea NT? Maybe mix it up.

Landry is run liability. Wouldn't go there. Missed Darwin James in there. He would be there as well with Josh Jackson. More flexible and interesting options as a player. James would be a player Pettine would get a lot of use out of, but we are stacked at safety already.

I think Vea would rotate with Lowry, not Clark. Not sure Vea has the anchor to be a NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.