Prospects You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the Packers should rather add a speedy wide receiver capable of being a deep threat. Keke Coutee out of Texas Tech might present a decent option either in the third or fourth round.

Yeah I like dude but put him in the same category as deontay burnett in that there's no question they can play Id just be worried about how skinny they are Burnett 6-0 170 and coutee 5-11 180. Interested to see what they weigh at the combine. Another guy I like that's in a similar mode is Dante Pettis 6-1 190.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I like dude but put him in the same category as deontay burnett in that there's no question they can play Id just be worried about how skinny they are Burnett 6-0 170 and coutee 5-11 180. Interested to see what they weigh at the combine. Another guy I like that's in a similar mode is Dante Pettis 6-1 190.

Coutee excelled on deep throws last season though. While he only ranked 114th in the nation in targets he finished eighth in receiving yards on deep passes.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coutee excelled on deep throws last season though. While he only ranked 114th in the nation in targets he finished eighth in receiving yards on deep passes.

I'd take him in 4th/5th round and be confident he could develop into a deep threat with NFL coaching as he's apparently not very knowledgeable as a route runner. He's in that desean Jackson mold

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm now providing this for the second time.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/harrisrookie/

There are other receivers I like too. I like Michael Gallup and James Washington but I believe Sutton will be the best one coming out of this draft when we look back.

Anthony Miller and Calvin Ridley are just to small for me body wise. I believe they will both struggle to stay on routes at the next level and will get pushed around.
I’m very interested in Gallup, Anthony Miller is a stud, he will make it work, but I’m not sure he is the best fit here. He to me is too much like Adams. My son was on the same high school team, and track team, he was a Tn. hurdle and long jump St. Champ and the kid benched 300 weighing only about 175.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wish list at 14
Tremaine Edmunds he is a little high for us, but maybe next Ray Lewis/ R. Smith will do too
Vea, will he run a sub 5 in the 40?
Derwin James, we lose Burnett, get a stud safety that can do all, has had a knee problem in past
Davenport
Then the CB’s Jackson or Hughes

Second or 3rd I would like a WR

D

Deleted member 6794

I'd take him in 4th/5th round and be confident he could develop into a deep threat with NFL coaching as he's apparently not very knowledgeable as a route runner. He's in that desean Jackson mold

Coutee would be a nice pick in the fourth round. I don't believe he will still be available in the fifth.

I’m very interested in Gallup, Anthony Miller is a stud, he will make it work, but I’m not sure he is the best fit here.

Gallup is an intriguing prospect but I don't consider any receiver in this year's draft class being worthy of using the 14th pick on. Miller might present a decent option in the second round.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coutee would be a nice pick in the fourth round. I don't believe he will still be available in the fifth.

Gallup is an intriguing prospect but I don't consider any receiver in this year's draft class being worthy of using the 14th pick on. Miller might present a decent option in the second round.
Yes, we go D first round, i’d love to get Miller in the second or third, i’ll be happy for him wherever he goes , good kid and family.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dj chark from LSU is blowing up the combine good hands and is big same with Christan kirk both look like they will be the real deal

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dj chark from LSU is blowing up the combine good hands and is big same with Christan kirk both look like they will be the real deal

I still believe Sutton is the "top dawg" when you consider all the numbers and throw in his 6.57 3 cone.

I know one thing and that is it certainly isn't Ridley. :eek:

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe Sutton is the "top dawg" when you consider all the numbers and throw in his 6.57 3 cone.

I know one thing and that is it certainly isn't Ridley. :eek:

After all this, I might even take Moore as WR1. There's nobody elite imo.

Sutton had a great combine. Still don't think he showed he has elite deep speed, and his tape certainly doesn't. His 3-cone (my favorite drill) was excellent. If he can learn to run routes, he could eventually have an impact similar to Adams. Still wouldn't take any WR at 14 I think.

Ridley definitely disappointed. Tested like a poor athlete. With his age and size, that's going to drop him.

More than anything, I wouldn't take any WR at 14. Love DJ Moore. Sutton is growing on me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
After all this, I might even take Moore as WR1. There's nobody elite imo.

Sutton had a great combine. Still don't think he showed he has elite deep speed, and his tape certainly doesn't. His 3-cone (my favorite drill) was excellent. If he can learn to run routes, he could eventually have an impact similar to Adams. Still wouldn't take any WR at 14 I think.

Ridley definitely disappointed. Tested like a poor athlete. With his age and size, that's going to drop him.

More than anything, I wouldn't take any WR at 14. Love DJ Moore. Sutton is growing on me.

I still believe Sutton has a higher ceiling then Adams. His testing and measurables are better overall. Keep in mind Sutton is only 22 and won't be 23 until almost November plus this kid is a winner and has all the intangibles you look for. The "Courtland Sutton Train" is just getting started.

My perfect scenario is the Packers trade back a little and get him but I wouldn't be surprised if the stinky Bears didn't take him at no. 8.

DJ Moore looked good as well.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe Sutton has a higher ceiling then Adams. His testing and measurables are better overall. Keep in mind Sutton is only 22 and won't be 23 until almost November plus this kid is a winner and has all the intangibles you look for. The "Courtland Sutton Train" is just getting started.

My perfect scenario is the Packers trade back a little and get him but I wouldn't be surprised if the stinky Bears didn't take him at no. 8.

DJ Moore looked good as well.

I mean...his team went 7-6 in a crappy conference, he had multiple games where he made no impact, and I've seen multiple plays on tape where he was loafing either on routes or run blocking.

He seems like he's a good kid. Seems like a hard worker. Still has issues, still makes mistakes, and calling him a winner when he played for a mediocre team that had other NFL talent on it is a pretty bold take. He could go at #8, but I highly doubt it, and it would be almost as bad as the Bears taking Kevin White in the top 10.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I mean...his team went 7-6 in a crappy conference, he had multiple games where he made no impact, and I've seen multiple plays on tape where he was loafing either on routes or run blocking.

He seems like he's a good kid. Seems like a hard worker. Still has issues, still makes mistakes, and calling him a winner when he played for a mediocre team that had other NFL talent on it is a pretty bold take. He could go at #8, but I highly doubt it, and it would be almost as bad as the Bears taking Kevin White in the top 10.

What was SMU's record when he got there? A guy playing WR can only do so much. You still need an offensive line that can block and a QB that can make the throws and a defense that can make stops. He was a key cog in making SMU even a 7-6 team.

We need a long term replacement for Nelson and Sutton is the obvious choice. Not even gonna comment on the Kevin White comparison. Sutton's 4.55 is good enough for me when you look at all his other numbers. He does everything well and there is a lot to work with.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All I've heard on here is Calvin Ridley this and Calvin Ridley that. People trying to tell me how gifted he is and how great he is. Good Grief. The last thing we need is a 6 foot receiver that is maxed out and jumps 31 inches.

People can be sore all they want but the bottom line is Courtland Sutton balled out and did "all the tests". If the Packers are lucky enough to get him they should be thanking there lucky stars they did.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even saying he's bad! Just that I wouldn't take him at 14. Chill dawg.

It's ok for people to change their opinions on players. There's nothing wrong with that. You take this stuff way too personal.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not even saying he's bad! Just that I wouldn't take him at 14. Chill dawg.

It's ok for people to change their opinions on players. There's nothing wrong with that. You take this stuff way too personal.

I am chill. I am on the "Courtland Sutton Train". :cool:

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Sweat has elite measurables, good tape, and a history of injuries.

I would draft him.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Sweat has elite measurables, good tape, and a history of injuries.

I would draft him.

Whooooo!!

Sweat just put up a 4.53 (1.55 10 yd) at 253 lbs. And his tape is good! Somebody is going to get a steal with this guy. If we go any position other than Edge in the 1st, I wanna take Sweat in the 2nd.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I mean, he has been cleared and has no red flags. He's just been hurt before. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it.

One report I read on Sweat (below). Obviously, teams looking at him will investigate whether its true or not. I still don't like using relatively high picks on guys that have been prone to injuries and/or are still trying to heal from major ones.

"Sweat comes with major durability concerns, however. He still has instability in a few locations in his knee from an injury he suffered early in his senior year of high school. Sources say Florida State has tried a variety of methods to rehab the knee, which hasn't responded. Because he could have his NFL career limited to one contract, sources say they hear that Sweat is going to skip his senior year and enter the 2018 NFL Draft. The knee injury could cause him to slide even though he has Thursday-night edge-rushing talent."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OLB3-4.php#ixzz58ngH3uWR

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One report I read on Sweat (below). Obviously, teams looking at him will investigate whether its true or not. I still don't like using relatively high picks on guys that have been prone to injuries and/or are still trying to heal from major ones.

"Sweat comes with major durability concerns, however. He still has instability in a few locations in his knee from an injury he suffered early in his senior year of high school. Sources say Florida State has tried a variety of methods to rehab the knee, which hasn't responded. Because he could have his NFL career limited to one contract, sources say they hear that Sweat is going to skip his senior year and enter the 2018 NFL Draft. The knee injury could cause him to slide even though he has Thursday-night edge-rushing talent."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018OLB3-4.php#ixzz58ngH3uWR

First off, WalterFootball as a whole sucks. Second, that was from before the combine.

I saw it on twitter, it was from Tony Pauline who is typically pretty accurate, but it was summarizing that from the combine medical teams weren't worried about Sweat. Graded as middle of the road injuries wise, and no red flags or concerns.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
First off, WalterFootball as a whole sucks. Second, that was from before the combine.

I saw it on twitter, it was from Tony Pauline who is typically pretty accurate, but it was summarizing that from the combine medical teams weren't worried about Sweat. Graded as middle of the road injuries wise, and no red flags or concerns.

Whether you do or don't like WalterFootball, the injury concern is mentioned in just about everything you find on the guy. Hope he stays healthy, could be a great pick, but I wouldn't invest a lot in him if what I am reading has any merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts