Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether you do or don't like WalterFootball, the injury concern is mentioned in just about everything you find on the guy. Hope he stays healthy, could be a great pick, but I wouldn't invest a lot in him if what I am reading has any merit.

I get that, but pre-combine medical speculation is just random speculation.

Hearing he has the all clear from teams after they've looked at him at the combine is huge.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Shaqem Griffin had two hands, based on his tape alone, he's a 1st round LB.

Now...at 227 lbs, he ran a 4.38 40.

Somebody draft this man to play ILB/slot/box safety for us pleaaaase.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, WalterFootball as a whole sucks. Second, that was from before the combine.

I saw it on twitter, it was from Tony Pauline who is typically pretty accurate, but it was summarizing that from the combine medical teams weren't worried about Sweat. Graded as middle of the road injuries wise, and no red flags or concerns.
I like Walterfootball. They have a fairly accurate mock and I find the evaluations are generally ahead of the other sites.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Walterfootball. They have a fairly accurate mock and I find the evaluations are generally ahead of the other sites.

Check out Josh Norris and Evan Silva. A lot better. Of course Daniel Jeremiah has to be in there too...same with Lance Zierline.

Even guys like Matt Waldman, the guys from NDT Scouting, Justis Mosqueda...I think you would like them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I also enjoy their site. I have heard a lot of people criticize it, but for free, I get a lot of information from there. In this "ratings" of mock drafts, they finished second in "accuracy".

Mock Drafters: 2016 Grades
2016 Mock Drafter Points
Mike Mayock 126
Walter Football 81
Draftsite.com 76
Rob Rang 64
Chris Burke 62
Mel Kiper/Todd McShay 60
Sporting News 55
Dan Brugler 52

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Check out Josh Norris and Evan Silva. A lot better. Of course Daniel Jeremiah has to be in there too...same with Lance Zierline.

Even guys like Matt Waldman, the guys from NDT Scouting, Justis Mosqueda...I think you would like them.

Just like a lot of speculative information, I don't think one person or one site is the be-all and end-all. I like to look at multiple sources and sometimes you start seeing similar observations.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Landry had a 6.88 3-cone

He's the edge rusher we take at 14, I think.

Davenport really disappointed with a 7.2 3-cone. I'm not touching him. And my guy Hercules didn't show well either. Shame. I'd still take a later round flier on him...still think he's toolsy enough to do well as a situational pass rusher.

Reaction score
The WR crop is filled with nice options in the 2nd and 3rd day draft. The issue with the top prospect WRs is there really is only 1 definitive Wideout that should be picked by #14 and that’s Ridley. Even Courtland Sutton, who has a high upside, in many years could slide to the second day. I don’t think he will slide in 2018 due to the minimal top end quality options and I’d expect him to go by end of day 1 because of that. Teams in 2018 will fall victim to basic supply and demand principles at WR unless they wait until the 2nd and 3rd round or beyond IMO.
I do however see a decent group of second day guys and even better group of mid round Receiver talent that has some high probability long term value. That’s where we should find a sweet spot.
The value meter is pointing right now at locking down a player at #14 who can at least add a spark to our Pass Rush. Either a versatile Safety (James) if we cut ties with Morgan, a very fast, athletic, well balanced athlete that can do it all like Roquon Smith or a pass Rusher like Tremaine Edmunds that has the size and speed and endurance to adapt as a versatile, every down LB at the NFL level.

I’m not sure what Pettiness plans are but depending on his direction (and our ability to retain our own FAs at a reasonable $) 1 of these 3 players could be well equipped to be in the cross hairs of our scope.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the majority of my pre-draft info from you yahoos. And I say that sincerely. Until we draft and I see who is actually coming here, I don't watch too many videos or read many reports. Unless of course it is provided here by the aforementioned yahoos. :)

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quenton Meeks (6'1 210) ran a 6.72 3-cone. That's a great time, especially for his size. His tape was great imo, but I really wanted to see how he tested because he is a bigger CB. 39" very, long arms, huge hands, good hips. This is a guy who can start on the outside and body bigger WR's. Has good hands too. He's a really good option for us in the 2nd-4th round range.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man. Great DB and LB class. Edge is just ok. Some alright offensive options, but not great.

But speedy LB's galore and some really good DB options.

Reaction score
Yeah. We’re gonna have a field day with all these second-third tier promising picks at CB, LB, QB, OL, WR, TE etc..
with 9 picks between the 2-6th rounds! If we can just hit somewhat solid on 4-5 of those 9 picks (similar to Aaron Jones last year) were in for a real treat. We could very well have a nice grouping of starting level rookies by the 2018 playoffs.
Add to that Montravius and Vince competing for jobs and you’ve got a 3rd n 4th rounder that I’m thinking will be eager to get back on track. Likely also much more confident in their recovery by training camp.
One of those 2 are bound to rise to the occasion.

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leighton Vander Esch looked great at the combine. Will have people looking over this tapes.
Winner is Shaquem Griffin. There is always room for someone like him on a roster. Everyone knows his story but he aint no charity case. the man can ball!
Mike Gesicki showed off his athletic ability. That deserves another look at his film.

Won't touch Orlando Brown with a ten foot pole.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I would draft Orlando Brown.

Not early, but I would draft him. He's a talented player, and everybody knew he wouldn't test well. He still did worse than expected testing wise, but he's worth a shot on Day 3.

Reaction score
Oh I would draft Orlando Brown.

Not early, but I would draft him. He's a talented player, and everybody knew he wouldn't test well. He still did worse than expected testing wise, but he's worth a shot on Day 3.
I Agree. Teams are already proposing signing him in 3rd day due to a poor Combine. The issue they will have with that wish, is I believe GB is already planning on using a 4th rounder on the OLine(and we’re not picking 30th each round for once!)
If Big OBJr hasn’t been picked by the end of day 2, GB should already have planned to trade up to get him. For that matter, this would be a good time to use trade for any player we deem of high value to consolidate picks for a 2nd day talent who slips rounds.
Cleveland has been a solid trade partner and they’re gonna be feeling very good about then with their superior picks by #101. IF OB makes day 3 (unlikely but possible) I’d snatch him with the first overall pick day 3 and trade our 4th and a 5th to get him. That still leaves us 3 additional Comp picks between the 4-5th rounds.
OB has got a Mammoth arm wing Span that Shaquille O’Neil couldn’t lay horizontal and fill.
Combine that! (pun) with above average hands and footwork and that’s s tough load to run around. Strength training isn’t something I’m that overly concerned with at this juncture, I believe we’d have him benching 20 reps within a year. Not too many defenders are gonna he pushing around a 350lb man that supposedly possesses solid plant feet (Who doesn’t with that kinda gravity) :eek: and excellent initial push.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PackFan2. We need to start talking about Leighton Vander Esch. His combine was excellent, his tape is better, and he gets compared to Brian Urlacher and Karlos Dansby. I've heard rumors that the Packers love him at 14 and I couldn't be mad at the pick. His combine was just as good, if not better than Edmunds and Roquan, but we'll wait for Roquan's pro day. I could see us going LVE in the first and then grabbing someone like Dorance Armstrong, Lorenzo Carter, or Josh Sweat in the second. I think that would be an excellent start.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still believe Sutton has a higher ceiling then Adams. His testing and measurables are better overall. Keep in mind Sutton is only 22 and won't be 23 until almost November plus this kid is a winner and has all the intangibles you look for. The "Courtland Sutton Train" is just getting started.

FWIW Daniel Jeremiah dropped Sutton out of his top 50 prospects after the combine.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...emiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-20

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Justin Reid would be a great pick in the 2nd round if he's still there. Might have to trade up to get him but I think he'd be perfect as the single high play making safety in Mike Pettines defense. Also he'd allow the Packers to move on from Clinton Dix after this season if he continues his slump. Free safety Reid 6-1 204 4.40 6.65 3 cone 4.15 20 yard shuttle 36.5 in vertical paired with strong safety Josh Jones 6-1 220 4.41 37.5 in vertical would be a crazy athletic combo that could develop into one of the best young duos in the league

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Justin Reid would be a great pick in the 2nd round if he's still there. Might have to trade up to get him but I think he'd be perfect as the single high play making safety in Mike Pettines defense. Also he'd allow the Packers to move on from Clinton Dix after this season if he continues his slump. Free safety Reid 6-1 204 4.40 6.65 3 cone 4.15 20 yard shuttle 36.5 in vertical paired with strong safety Josh Jones 6-1 220 4.41 37.5 in vertical would be a crazy athletic combo that could develop into one of the best young duos in the league
We have Haha and Jones right now. Even if we lose Burnett in FA I think we are fine for a couple of years. And with Brice, we have a very good backup. Im not advocating a safety in this draft, at least not early. The exception is either Derwin James or Fitzpatrick (who I would play at CB anyhow) because they are both elite and likely BPA if we should be so lucky that one of them falls. [I keep thinking about Miles Jack who was supposed to be top 10 and somehow slipped. You just never know.]

Check out Derwin's measureables:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/derwin-james

Check out Edmunds as well (he is a comp below). He would be an option later if he happens to be around.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have Haha and Jones right now. Even if we lose Burnett in FA I think we are fine for a couple of years. And with Brice, we have a very good backup. Im not advocating a safety in this draft, at least not early. The exception is either Derwin James or Fitzpatrick (who I would play at CB anyhow) because they are both elite and likely BPA if we should be so lucky that one of them falls. [I keep thinking about Miles Jack who was supposed to be top 10 and somehow slipped. You just never know.]

Check out Derwin's measureables:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/derwin-james

Check out Edmunds as well (he is a comp below). He would be an option later if he happens to be around.

I like James and Fitzpatrick but I think they both will be gone by #14. And Burnett is as good as gone unless the market for him isn't there and he comes back cheap but I doubt it. As for Clinton Dix he's a free agent after this season so gotta prepare for his departure as well unless you think paying him 8 mil a year on a long term deal is a good use of resources. For me he's not a playmaker and if I'm paying that much I want a turnover producing player. Watch everyone of his ints they are all on overthrows or underthrows. Never does he make a break and jump a route. I'd prefer to have Reid on a rookie deal than Dix on a big contract. Also I think Reid is gonna be much better than Dix. Finally I'm not sold on Brice I think him and Evans are fine as backups but you don't want them starting

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You looking for young Mike Daniels?

Let me introduce you to PJ Hall.

PJ is 6'0 and 308.

PJ played at Sam Houston State (FCS football baby!), where he played 3T, 5T, occasionally 1T and even edge! PJ has accumulated 86.5 TFL and 42 sacks over his career.

PJ recently had a pro day. PJ ran a 4.75 40, had 36 lifts, 9'8" broad jump, and a 38" vertical!! Forget Mike Daniels...meet young Aaron Donald!

Draft PJ at the beginning of the 4th. Or in the 3rd. Just draft PJ.

/I've been watching PJ for the past 4 years. He's really stinking good and not just a workout warrior, and he's not just a small school specimen. He'd win anywhere.

Reaction score
That’s impressive!
He also squats 700 pounds! That’s SIXTEEN 45lb pound plates on an Olympic bar plus roughly a couple 25lbs while free standing.

That’s impressive to be able to do that and in turn have the quick muscle twitch to run a 4.75 40 yard dash, jump nearly 40 vertical etc..

Not a guy you want to **** off in a dark alley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts